“I didn't stay here, but I liked the casino.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates From $45
Ranked #61 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Texas
“I didn't stay here, but I liked the casino.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was staying at the Wyndham on East Harmon & could walk about 3 blocks to get to the casino also on E. Harmon. The casino is small, but while I was there it wasn't crowded. I was there in the early afternoon. I didn't have to be playing to get a drink which is always nice & the dealers at the table were very friendly & helpful.

There is a very nice restaurant inside that looks out onto the pool area. The food was great. It wasn't the Hard Rock Cafe. That is in a separate building.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,457)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We came here for Thanksgiving because GNR was in residence in Vegas and I wanted to see a few shows at The Joint, which is located inside the hotel. The overall experience was positive and I would stay here again if I wanted to see a band that was playing at the Joint. BTW, GNR rocks...3 hour shows that you have to see. Axl's voice is superb and the band is tight. You get dancers, Axl, and rock n' roll in an excellent venue. What is not to like? Security in The Joint can be a bit of pain because they are uptight jerks, but that can be overlooked. Overall the room was comfortable and a good deal at Thanksgiving. The hotel is off the strip but convenient to the airport and to many good restaurants that are in walking distance. Plus there is a liquor market across the street so you don't have to pay the inflated prices at the bars inside the hotel.

Positives:
We stayed in the Casino Tower. Our room was large and clean. We had a mountain view. The room was actually pretty quiet. The king bed was large and super soft. Bathroom was good size and the towels were soft. Overall, a very nice room that exceeded expectations. The gift shop is good. There are ample choices for eating and drinking onsite (though not really cheap). I loved all the rock picts and memorabilia throughout. You can spend an hour or two just walking and looking at everything. There is free parking!

Negatives:
For some odd reason, there is not a coffee machine in the room. I cannot remember the last hotel where I stayed that did not have a coffee machine or hot water heater for tea. I guess they want you to buy coffee downstairs at the Fuel Express. The bathroom does not have a fan so that after the shower the mirror is fogged...not a big deal but upper end places tend to have a fan. The gaming area is pretty lame compared to the larger hotels and casinos on the strip.

The biggest negative is the obligatory "resort fee" that was $22 a day (plus tax), so basically $25 in November 2012. It included wi-fi (which had a good speed so we could watch Netflix movies on the ipad), a notary if you want to get married or divorced, access to the gym, and complimentary printing of boarding passes. I don't really think that it is a good deal.

This fee makes me mad. If I did not have an ipad or laptop, was not getting married or divorced, did not want to use the gym, and wanted to print my boarding passes at the airport, the fee would be for nothing. But I would have to pay. There is no choice. We used the wi-fi but at $25 a day it is way over-priced. Upper end hotels charge $14.95 a day for wi-fi, and the choice rests with the customer. This practice of adding obligatory resort fees is dishonest and is a main reason I would not stay here again unless I had to in order to see a concert at The Joint. I can stay at Bellagio and not pay a resort fee.

The experience was basically positive but the resort fee is dishonest and would keep me away.

Room Tip: Be aware of resort fees!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the first time we stayed here and the room is just a big as the "V" hotel casino bella 2 queens room. The differences are cost, location, much more quiet, easy to find parking, no traffic and still not far from the strip and other convenience places.

Room was very clean, has two large flat screen TVs, nice big L shape comfortable sofa, large bathroom with separate shower and bath tub. There are many choices to dine inside the HR so you don't have to go anywhere if you are lazy.

House keeping staffs were very quick to respond and all staffs were very friendly, fast to respond to any request, not like other hotels. Casino floor is not as busy during daytime but it's good actions at night.

I like the separate check-in location from the main hotel site.

Room Tip: The pool view is always the preferred choice. However, if you are going to spend most of your time...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Although we paid less than $100 per night for king rooms, the quality of the room, furnishings, and the amenities gave the impression that one was staying in a 5 star hotel. No concert was ongoing at the time so we had no problem with noise even though we were on the 3rd floor. Even though you are not right on the strip, everything is really close for walking/short drives. While at first I worried about this, it turned out to be an advantage as it was much less noisy crowded than on the strip. For this rate, it will definitely be a hotel to which I would return when in Vegas.

Room Tip: If there's a concert, definitely try to stay on a high floor as the noise is probably unbearable...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Watch out for hidden $22 per night resort fee. Front desk almost scammed us into a room upgrade and never told us about the resort fee. I would have never upgraded if i knew i was already going to pay an extra 22 per night. Luckily i caught this in timeand got my original room. Resort fee is for normal things like gym access , valet, and horrible shuttle service. Most hotels give you these for free but hard rock feels the need to charge you.

Paradise tower was nice. Clean spacious room and was quiet during my stay. You are far off the strip....no walking, taxi only. The shuttle is bad and stops at 5 p m. I would have recommended this place but I'll never come back after how the front desk treated us when canceling the room upgrade scam. Stay away and find something on the strip. You will be happier.

• Stayed November 2012
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department and team member. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Rather than an itemized bill for each service or amenity utilized by our guests, The Resort Fee is a wonderful package which grants our hotel guest’s access to the Fitness Center, shuttle service from the Hard Rock to the Fashion Show Mall during designated business hours, parking, notary service, daily newspaper, printing of boarding passes, Wi-Fi and unlimited local, long distance, and toll-free calls.

At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, we take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First let me list the positives: the beds are super squishy soft, with thick down comforters and matress covers that you just melt into them. The music in the hotel is awesome. The food at Mr. Lucky's is pretty good and the waiters are nice. The bartenders are nice. The shampoo and conditioner is good. The rooms are clean and the towels are soft and not wore out.

The negatives: make sure you confirm the room you booked. When we arrived, we were told they oversold our Kingsize bed, non-smoking room. So, we had the option of two queens or a king in a smoking room. I can't stand smoke, so we opted for the two queens. She talked it up that we would be in the newer tower overlooking the pool (well, it is November and the pool is closed) Plus, she put us at the VERY end of the hallway, so we really overlooked a parking lot with the edge of some trees and what I think was the pool behind it. She also sprung on us that there would be a $22 hotel fee that was mandatory. So, figure that into the cost of the room when making your decision. Also, keep in mind the newer tower (Paradise tower) is a walk from the casino. If you want to be close to the casino, get the casino tower if available.

Another negative is the lighting in the bathroom. Super dark. The walls are a deep red, the countertops and showers are black, which makes their lack of light fixtures even worse. So, ladies, be prepared when doing your makeup and bring an extra mirror to go out by the window or to the lamp by the bed or something.

The shower/toilet area is small. You have to shut one door before opening another, but not that big of a deal.

They only give you one soap, so remember to bring your own shower gel for the shower.

Now, even with the super awesome bed, there is a negative to it. The down comforters are SO thick, that we had to turn the thermostat down to 68 degrees to be able to sleep in it. I had set it to 73 before we went to bed, but woke up baking to death in the bed. So, set it low before you snuggle in for the night.

One more thing, they included a FREE DRINK coupon in the room key envelope. We didn't notice it until the next day after we checked out. We had bought one of their spiked milkshakes in Mr. Lucky's ($9) that could'be been free had she told us it was in there. So, look in there! (And the banana foster spiked milkshake is so, so yummy!)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Don't stay here. There's a night club which makes it feel and sound like you're sleeping next to a subwoofer. The whole floor vibrating! No info in advance or offer of a different room. Which of course is difficult when you have a full hotel based on false marketing!

• Stayed November 2012
Hard Rock M, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the music related issue. We are sorry to learn that we did not have the opportunity to address the concern during your stay.

The valuable feedback enables us to maintain a consistent high level of service, as well as monitor areas that may need attention to prevent any future concerns.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!