“Can't Wait To Stay Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #66 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Huntington Beach, California
“Can't Wait To Stay Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed in the HRH Tower and had an amazing time. Awsome room, excellent service, would absolutely recommend staying! Even though I'm just an average joe, I almost felt like a rock-star checking-in becasue of the excellent treatment. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: I lucked out and got a corner HRH room with pool view. Full floor to ceiling windows on two walls, i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,282)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Temecula, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was great! Their customer service was spot on. Concerts was great, heard it,didn't see it, we had our kids and even though I'm not a family Vegas vacation type of person, surprisingly Hard Rock was extremely accommodating.
However, Our first room was not very good not cleaned or sheets changed, or bed made properly. Trash was still in trash can, had a very unpleasant odor, BUT reception was more than willing to change/upgrade our room. Looking forward to coming back again with out kids! :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best pool parties Thursday - Sunday (Rehab on Sunday especially)

Fantastic view from your balcony onto the strip and pool area.

Only negative is the location, set back slightly from the strip but taxis are fairly cheap - or if you fancy a 20min walk ni 40 degrees, you can get a killer tan!

Room Tip: Pool / city facing - worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I do not know what possessed me (middle aged non-rocker) to spend a business overnighter at this hotel - but it was quite a pleasant experience. I booked the HRH Suite Tower ($22/night resort fee extra!) and was assigned a suite which I found to be occupied. The apologetic front desk staff (seperate lobby for HRH Tower - nice!!) upgraded me promptly to a suite with pool view. Modern stylish black/white/chrome decor, well appointed. Seating group with large screen TV, luxurious king bed and an ueber-bathroom/playground with all the comforts and amenities. I overlooked the toothpaste smears in the sink and the fact that the room attendant had forgotten to vacuum. This Sunday afternoon, there was a huge beach party going on (four pools, some with sandy beach) with DJ mix shaking the walls - the crowd was pleased and even I got into it. Glad it wound down by 7 pm. Pool live is shut down at sunset to make for quiet nights to those that actually sleep in Las Vegas. Take note that you are quite a bit off the strip, though a shuttle will get you there. Several restaurants and other amenities in the vicinity, including the Las Vegas Hofbraeuhaus - in case you feel like Schnitzel, beer and oompah music after the rock and pop treatment.

Room Tip: go for the HRH tower and live it up!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

First note that I stayed in the Casino Tower which i understand is the oldest part of the Hotel itself. There are apparently two other towers that have been built more recently. So if you know more about that , please feel free to comment.

I stayed on the "Mountain View" side of Casino Tower and it was fine. I knew that the pool side, while it has cool views of the pool and the partyers in the pool was also loud. I was in town for a wedding and knew that when I was in the room, it would be to sleep. I know, how "un-Vegas". But there was plenty of partying to be had elsewhere, I didn't need it to be everywhere.

I like the room I had. It was clean, plenty big, comfy bed. There was a great pic that any rock fan would recognize of Hendrix kneeling in front of his burning guitar. The sconces in the hallways are ziljian cymbals. The elevators have great rock quotes. The reception by the elevators on my floor (3) has a cool collection of gold records. It's the Hard Rock, after all.

The lobby is the casino - so be prepared when you walk in. There is a 40+ foot section of wall that is reception. Unfortunately, both times I needed them (check-in and check-out) there was one person actually helping guests. There were 3-4 people behind the counter, but only one of them was actively helping guests. So both times I had to wait a while. And in the middle of check-in the person helping me tagged-out and the new person basically started all over again. All told, it took me like 20 minutes to check-in. That's just ridiculous in my opinion. But there were at least eight card dealers standing at empty tables, so you are not likely to have to wait to gamble!!

The need for renovation was most evident in the bathroom. And in fact when I left the room to check-out the water in the bath was running full-blast. That's because when I went to use the shower the handle for the shower valve came loose and while I got it turned on by torqueing the handle and turning a lot, I was not as successful when trying the same maneuver to turn it off. I called the desk when I got out of the shower, finished dressing, packed, made a phone call, and finally left and maintenance had not arrived.

Since I was out and about doing wedding-things I did not take advantage of many of the amenities. I had some drinks at the bar and was surprised when the bartender looked at me in utter confusion when I asked for a Texas Margherita. When i revised my order to a basic margherita he told me that was better. It was just one more way I felt unimportant. I imagine if you were there in a suite, spending money on the games, they might make an effort to make you feel like a valued customer. But for me - no.

I also hit the pool for an hour one morning. This is funny. I headed down around 9:15 on Thursday for a quick swim. I came by Pink Taco before the "official" pool entrance so after checking with the lady at the door I walked through the restaurant to the pool. I set my things on one of the pool-side lounges and swam a bit. Then I went over to the hot tub and fired up the jets. A few people wandered by, most of them clearly working. About the time I was thinking it was time to head back to the room a security guard came by and told me the pool was closed. I apologized and told him I did not know. He was a little annoyed at first and asked sarcastically how I had not seen the sign. I told him honestly I had not seen any sign. Then he asked how I got in. I told him through the restaurant, at which point he was quite decent. And I was ready to leave, so there really was no issue. I dried off, put my shirt on and headed up to the room to get cleaned up for the wedding.

One other comment I should make is that I reserved a king suite and was given a regular room with two queen beds. I was told there were no suites available. There was no effort to make any adjustment or in any way make up for the downgrade in my room. And since I had booked the room as part of a flight+hotel package I didn't push it. I still got a good deal.

In summary: Cool hotel, dated, service mediocre at best. They will not go out of their way to make you feel special or welcome. Just show up, take what they give you, pay and leave. That's how they made me feel.

Room Tip: The casino tower is dated, but the mountain-view rooms are quiet. Use the black-out curtains though...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Paradise Tower with a mountain view ( Not the pool View ) And the Kind Bed was so comfortable, the room was large and designed/decorated to make you feel like a rockstar. Wonderful shower, clean, and just an awesome experience. If you stay in the Paradise Tower and you choose the mountain view, make sure you request a higher floor as there is a large parking structure and that is pretty much all the lower floors see. ( We were on the tenth floor and although you could see the parking structure below, you laid in bed and only saw mountains and twinkling lights at night ) Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is a fun place to stay a few nights and soak in the scene, but certainly not restful. Even at the pool, there was rap music playing so loud that my husband and I couldn't have a conversation. Room was decent..average for a Vegas room at this price. Didn't have the King bed we requested when we made reservation months ago. (Isn't that the point of reservations?). Long walk to Strip and next to airport. Pay the same price, and stay on the Strip in the middle of the action. Leave this place to the youngsters

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!