“Rush Tower No Hot Water” 2 of 5 stars

Golden Nugget Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Ranked #77 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denison, Iowa
“Rush Tower No Hot Water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I arrived to find the check in desk at Rush tower closed.
I made my way to the main check in desk and upon arrival at the room I discovered the TV didn't work. I called down and they sent up maintenance.
The maintenance guy couldn't get the TV to work and said he already had 2 other rooms with broken TV's that morning and he thought it was due to the power outages the hotel was suffering.
I hike back to the main check in and am assigned a second room. Upon arrival at the second room I discover that TV doesn't work either.
I go back down to check in for the third time. They are apologetic and assign me an upgraded room with two TV's. I arrive at that room and one of those two TV's are functional. I go into the bathroom to draw a bath in the large soaking tub only to find the water is tepid.
At this point I am done complaining because it has been 4 hours since I arrived. I head out to enjoy the casinos downtown.
That evening as I am getting ready for bed I hear loud bass coming from the Fremont Street Experience. I have a room facing south on the 18th floor and it is loud enough I couldn't sleep until it shut down after midnight. This was the same every night and I stayed midweek not on the weekend.
Luckily the water had warmed up a bit by the next morning and while it never got hot it was barely warm enough for a shower with the handle turned up as hot as it went.
I will not be returning to the Golden Nugget. Plenty of other places with hot water, functional TV's and a quiet room at less than half the price.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,526)
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I cannot fault this hotel other than not having a little bar fridge and as a result no milk for morning coffees...
But hey, who really cares when the hotel is in a perfect location, has an unreal pool with a slide running through a shark tank and is in a nice location, downtown!
There is heaps to do in the local area or one can jump on the Vegas strip bus and get anywhere within 20minutes!

I thoroughly recommend this hotel if you're are not fussy about being in the middle of the strip! The bonus is you can still sleep if you have a couple of hard nights!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The new décor is really great (coming from a guy who's wife thinks he has no sense of design). She loves it too (I think I said something right). If you have been in the Gold Tower before, you will love the change! One slight design problem though.
WHO DECIDED THAT TOILET PAPER FIXTURES SHOULD BE PLACE VERTICALLY, ABOVE THE WASTEBASKET... AND SO CLOSE TO THE TOILET THAT ONLY A CONTORTIONIST COULD REACH THE PAPER? OOPS! Hey maintenance, if you have a chance, make those puppies horizontal and a little away from the toilet, so that they are manageable.
Thanks,
A huge Golden Nugget fan for 25 years!

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Fremont Street. It's pretty noisy until a little after midnite.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockdale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice rooms and downtown where all the light shows are.We were going to stay on the strip and I am so glad we didn't. The staff was superb. We stayed in the Carson Tower and it was very nice. We took a cab to the strip and it was only 10 dollars.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I visited the Golden Nugget in October 2014. While I was there I ate at Vic & Anthony's. I can't say enough good things about Vic & Anthony's. It is always wonderful every time I go there. While I was there I lost something. I was very upset at the time. The Golden Nugget stepped up to the plate and took care of the issue. They exceeded my expectations. I just want to say thank you to Martha Sanchez who is a Director at the Golden Nugget. Martha took care of me in every way. She is a true professional and really knows how to treat a patron who visits the property. The Golden Nugget has shown they really do care about their customers and are willing to go the extra mile. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Durant, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed our stay for the 2014 NFR in Las Vegas. Room was nice and service was great. Will be there again next year. Shark tank was interesting, pool area was very nice, casino was fun and club was fun as well. I would recommend this during the NFR and loved the stay downtown. Easy bus ride to the strip.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We've been to Vegas 20-25 times but had never stayed downtown on Freemont St. We were in the Carson Tower (cheapest), but very nice nonetheless. While the hotel was good, the restaurants, too, we were less impressed with Freemont St. Even though it's an easy end-to-end stroll, unlike the strip, the local scenery was just a bit too weird for a couple of naive Canadians.
But the Golden Nugget is certainly a bright, attractive beacon...CookieG

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget Hotel? Share your experiences!