“Gorgeous Downtown Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Missouri
“Gorgeous Downtown Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here years ago after they did a complete renovating of the rooms and pool. I found the rooms to be richly appointed and very lavish. The pool is amazing. I wish the hotel was located in a better area. It's located on Freemont Street which is very sketchy. Overall it's a nice property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,520)
  • Polish first
Ione, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had stayed at this hotel many times in the past but was really disappointed this trip. It no longer is the beautiful, well run establishment that always had me coming back. My room was in the older tower and had holes in the wall, and the bathroom was nasty. As soon as I checked into the room I called housekeeping and told them the toilet seat was dirty and so was the bathroom floor. When I went back to the room the toilet had been clean but the floor was untouched. There was trash in the hallway to my room and the carpeting my room needed to be steam cleaned.The restaurants used to be top notch, this trip just mediocre. About 1/3rd of the slots were being worked on due to the fact they were installing a new system. They couldn't even cash a check for me. I stayed with others who were ok with their rooms but I regretted suggesting we stay there, in fact I was embarrassed that I had told them it was a really nice place. We were there in Mid June 2014. Last time for me and I will never recommend the place again. Staff was rude too.

Room Tip: Don't stay in old tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We go to the Golden nugget every year. Each year we find many things to be the same and always amazed at how many things have changed. First we have to say that there is a BIG improvement at the Golden Nugget Buffet. We would now recommend eating there where in the past we would caution against it. Now let's talk pool. As you know the pool is one of the main attractions of this hotel. You better get their early and do what everyone else does to cover the number of chairs that you want. You are not suppose to do this, but we sat next to a group of chairs where people put down hats and bags to hold the chairs and did not come back to sit on them for almost 5 hours. It's sad that people who want to come and swim for a few hours can't find a place to even set a few things down. No clue of how to fix this problem...but it is a problem.
Next there is the problem of the pool turning into a kiddie toilet! Yes, a kiddie toilet! We saw a ton of kids with diapers and training diapers in the pool and guess what? They even had to close the pool down on the first day for Poop floating in the pool. You can only imagine how much is in there that is not seen. 80% of the pool was filled with very young kids. Come on Golden Nugget...this is Las Vegas! We are adults...we are the ones who should be able to enjoy the pool without swimming in a toilet. This can easily be solved with an age limit. No children should be allowed in the pool under the age of 6 or 8. Even better make it for "adults only"!
Overall...we do enjoy the Golden Nugget and we hope you do too, but let the hotel know what you think.
Happy Vacations... Kim and Nick

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My Wife and I stayed here in April, two nights, in the Rush tower upper level. It was nice, clean, and a big room. The staff were helpful as we tried learning new games. Play here doesn't cost and arm and a leg, like the Strip. This was a great hotel/casino for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Stay in an upper level room. Two day stay is perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My room was clean and well stocked. We tipped the maid $2 a day and she gave us extra towels, soaps, and coffee mixer kits. All the staff said hello and wished us a good day when we would walk by them. The pool was awesome and I recommend splurging (if you can) for a cabana for a day. We did it and the private (heated) pool was nice to hop in and out of between watching TV in our private cabana. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet, and I think the only downside was that the hotel was so big that it took a while to get to and from the room and the hotel staircases are emergency exit only so the elevators can get backed up around checkout and checkin times. I recommend leaving on a week day because the elevators were PACKED on Sunday and it took 20 minutes to find an elevator around 11AM that I could take to get downstairs. And the hotel is on the end of the Las Vegas strip, but it's right next to the Fremont Experience, so easy to walk to the show at night. Outside of that, I thought the hotel was great and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to go.

Room Tip: I stayed in the tower with the Starbucks at the bottom floor and it was nice but a bit of a walk to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Eden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Clean, comfortable room.Loved the safe! Close to Fremont Experience ~souveneir shops, restaurants casinos. Awesome pool.Claim Jumpers restaurant great food and service. Friendly atmosphere in the gift shop also. Coming again in Sept.

Room Tip: We were satisfied on the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Recently stayed at the Golden Nugget with friends. We all stayed in the Non-Smoking Rush Tower VIP Rooms. The rooms were excellent and at a really reasonable price. Rooms were updated and very clean. Comfy beds, great view! The VIP floors had tables set up near the elevator with complementary bottled water, coffee and snacks. Couldn't have been happier! The location is perfect! Right in the middle of Fremont. Everyone at the Golden Nugget were very helpful. Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Golden Nugget Hotel? Share your experiences!