“I liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Columbus, Ohio
“I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here for a few days because we wanted to hang out on Freemont st. We got a good deal to stay in the Rush tower. When we got into our room, it stank! I mean it smelled really bad. We called the front desk and asked to move. Within a few minutes the staff came up, agreed that is smelled and moved us.

Our next room was fine. Clean and modern. The hotel was clean, gaming area had a lot of choices. The pool was fun and the slide through the shark tank is cool. A good mix of ages as well. If you don't have to stay on the strip, I would recommend the Rush Tower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,527)
  • Polish first
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had seen this place on the internet because of the pool, so added it to my bucket list for things to do while in Las Vegas. However, since we weren't guests for out first trip through Vegas, the pool was closed due to winds. However on our way back from the Grand Canyon, we decided to splurge and stay for the night. It was a bit out of our price range, since we were on a month long road trip, but the afternoon by the pool was worth it. They charge an extra $12.00 a day for WiFi, PER DEVICE, which seem ridiculous to me. Room was nice and clean, all you can eat buffet was delicious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I’ve visited Las Vegas over 15 times, and whenever I stay downtown I always stay at the Golden Nugget. I’ve stayed in the Carson tower several times, but this was my first time in the Rush Tower. The room was beautiful. Dark, rich woodwork, LED lighting, iphone docking station, and rain shower head, made our stay very comfortable. The room was very quiet. We never heard an music from the stage on Fremont Street. (This is an issue with other Fremont Street properties). The Rush tower has its own check-in and valet, making arrival and departure very convenient. Easy access to the cleanest, nicest, casino in all of downtown is just steps from the elevators.

The pool is a sight to see, with a huge aquarium in the middle filled with sharks and other tropical fish. There’s even a water slide going through the aquarium for an up close view of the sharks. The only drawback to the pool is that space in limited, and chairs are very close together, and if you want a chair, I strongly suggest you stake out chairs early.

The Golden Nugget does not charge a resort fee, (like all other Las Vegas casinos) but they do charge a $5.65 daily entertainment fee. It’s not much, but you don’t get anything for the fee. And if you can’t find you oven entertainment on Fremont Street, you probably should not be in Vegas.

Room Tip: Try the $20 trick. Place $20 between your credit card and you ID. Hand it to the registration clerk...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed in the Carson tower, 16 th floor. Had a room at the end of the hall near the stairs, the first night it was really quiet, second night was windy and the stairway door rattled all night. Great pool, only got to go down the cool slide through the shark tank, as far as getting a chair good luck, seems the people in the know go first thing , save a place, then go back to sleep and come back when the suns out! Great central location to the action at Fremont Street, OK places to eat ( not great) Careful using the lock box, mine got stuck and at 1am I had to call for someone to open it. Mister no personality came, mumbling about having to do his job, other that that a perfectly nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lisbon, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had an awesome time staying here for the first time. We upgraded out room to a suite in the Rush towers and were pleased. Very nice room and comfortable bed. I recommend eating at Red Sushi and the Italian restaurant! Didn't try the other places to eat in the hotel. The hotel pool is awesome!!! You will want to get there early to reserve a spot because it fills up quickly. We will stay here on our next trip to Vegas!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Rush tower!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Norfolk England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Flew into Las Vegas with British Airways on Memorial day. We had booked a night in the Carson tower via BA's website because when we planed our holiday missed the fact we would fly in on a holiday weekend and found prices high for that night, but BA were standard weekend prices. Next day we were off touring so only needed the one night. At check in we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite in the Gold tower, great, but soo tired from all the travelling we could not enjoy it. 2 bathrooms wet bar, lounge and bedroom, nice start to our 3 weeks! Trouble was we were asleep by 8pm! The decor was very dark though, black flock wallpaper and low lighting. For £45+ resort fee, no complaint's.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at GN June 9-13th. We arrived early morning and had VIP check in so we were given our room as soon as we checked in. We always get a parlor suite for what we need in a room. I get up so early in the morning so I can go into the living room, shut the door to the bedroom and have coffee and take a shower. The suite has 2 full bathrooms. We were facing Fremont so we did hear the music but it really didn't keep us awake.
We ate lunch at the Chart House which was a pleasure. The service was great the food was great and the atmosphere was very relaxing. You can view an aquarium that is floor to ceiling.
We wanted to go to Vic and Anthony's for dinner one evening but it doesn't open till 5pm. I was hungry and didn't want to wait so we decided to go to the Claim Jumper that just opened. Those familiar with GN, the Claim Jumper is where Carson Street Café used to be. We were quickly seated and wait staff was quick to get our drinks. Soon after the waiter came and took our order. I had a filet mignon, salad and side veggies. The filet was cooked to my order!!!! And very good. All the food was good.
The only negative I have for Claim Jumper is the restaurant is so close to the pool that people that are leaving the pool will stop in in their swimming attire. That to me is gross, gross, gross..
For that reason I will not return to Claim Jumper. Claim Jumper would have gotten a very good from me except for that reason. No swim wear please!!!
The casino has made very nice changes. They have moved or gotten rid of some slot machines and have made the pathways more accessible for walking. Just be prepared to pay $10 min on tables most of the time. They will lower the tables to $5 when they see tables are remaining empty, maybe?? If you go to Binion's Queens, Fremont you can still find $5 tables. I really like playing at GN but I also don't want to have to pay $10 min except on BJ. Kudos on the new updates on the gaming floor except for table mins, GN!!!
We went during June and the place was loaded with kids of all ages. That also was a neg for me.
There was a mom who had taken her small child into the ladies room. They were a group of 4 and just standing there. The child had a huge plastic golf club that he was swinging in the door way and it was all you could do to enter without getting hit. The mom didn't stop the kid from swinging the golf club.
All in all it was a good trip as usual and we will be returning in October.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget Hotel? Share your experiences!