“Much improved not disappointed any more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Coast Hotel and Casino

You added Gold Coast Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #92 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Much improved not disappointed any more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Last time I felt GC was going down. I used to love staying there but refrained after my last stay a few years ago. The GC premium rooms are clean and comfy. The staff is so friendly. You cannot beat the Port of Call for Breakfast Buffet price of 5.99! Anyhing you could want. I especially love the cheese blintzes. You get your juice, coffee as much as you want. NO BETTER VALUE in Vegas in my opinion. Even when we did not stay at GC we went to the Buffet. It was cold the week we were there so no poolside, but I always liked the small pool and not too much crowd. So I think GC is moving in the right direction. I love their Bingo Hall too.

If you want clean comfortable and very reasonable this is the place. I have stayed at the Bellagio and it was super nice but I would rather have some spending money. Either way if you gamble they get it. Had a ball and will be back Gold Coast!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino in Vegas. Hotel is off the Strip but they have a free shuttle that brings you to the Strip or to the New Orleans very convenient. Room clean and the beds are comfortable. Buffet is very good and not expensive compared to the other casinos.
For people who enjoy playing Bingo they have a very big hall and they serve free donuts, orange juice and coffee in the morning at the early session, all the other sessions you have free drinks. Don't forget to get your Club Card because you get a discount at the Bingo. Also the Rio & the Palms casinos are just across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Orange, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here because it was one of the cheapest places in my quality-range. It was a pretty standard Vegas room... flat screen, 2 clean beds, pretty nice bathroom.... Overall, very average room. No complaints, nothing to be excited about. I am pretty sure the bed was quite firm though.

It has a good off-strip location (close to strip), if you have a car. IDK about what the cost of a cab would be.

The large majority of the other hotel guests seemed to be either foreign, Asian tourists, or old white people -- important info if you're wondering about the casino and lobby atmosphere.

Room Tip: Completely average, nice if you have a car.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been staying at the Gold Coast since 2003. We enjoy the off-strip location, which gives the hotel a more relaxed atmosphere than the busy strip. The shuttle bus to the strip is great, making it easy to get to where the action is. The recently renovated and upgraded deluxe rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The rates at the hotel are affordable. The food at the buffet is good and well priced, and the staff are friendly. I recommend the Gold Coast for anyone who wants a good trip to Vegas, and would rather spend their money on having fun than on an overpriced room!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spent a week at Gold Coast in April.A small error was made in my reservation,It was promptly corrected and without any hesitation or my lack of questioning whether it was an error on my part or the hotel reservation representative a beautiful young lady by the name of MaryAnn Bangayon took it upon herself to speak to the Casino Host who immediately comped our whole weeks stay.My sister and I were totally floored as we did play the tables and some slots but we did play on a budget therefore we did not gamble heavily.We were so impressed ,as we usually stay at a Caesar's property, we have "Never" been treated so courteously and we definetely have never been given any significance as gamblers as we always play for just entertainment once a year.Gold Coast treated us "royally" and upon coming back to Canada I have been raving about the Gold Coast to anyone who will listen.Congratulations Gold Coast, yoiu definetely know how to treat your guests.Although it is not a luxurious hotel and casino my sister and I found it very comfortable, clean and priced right,Service upon checking in and out was exceptional.Definetely will go back.MaryAnn also printed our boarding passes and had it delivered to our room.Fantastic, thanks again Gold Coast for making me feel like a "Somebody"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I had a five night stay at the GC during March Madness. The first two nights were comped and the last three more than reasonable. I was a bit surprised that we were given one of the recently remodeled rooms as an upgrade. The room was very nice. The amenities and decor were a bit upgraded but the biggest change that we saw was that they had removed the walk in shower and replaced it with a tub. The mattress was also more comfortable (though the beds on are previous stays were fine). My wife and I have stayed at the GC several times and always find the service excellent, the gaming good and the prices outstanding. I only wish they had not closed the poker room. I have to walk across the street to go to the Palms for my poker fix now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here one night while driving back to Texas from California. I used the BConnected Android app to book the room, which gave me a big discount. I booked a deluxe renovated room, which was somewhat small but very modern, almost like a room at an Aloft. The bathroom sits against the outside wall of the hotel and there's actually a small frosted glass window that opens to give you a view of the Strip. The bed was very nice. The breakfast buffet was cheap and decent.

The hotel's location was great - right off I-15 across from the Strip, with the RIo and Palms in easy walking distance. Caesars Palace is about a mile away and probably walkable if you really, really wanted to. There's also a free shuttle that takes you to either the Strip or Sam's Town on Boulder Highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Gold Coast Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!