“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Coast Hotel and Casino

You added Gold Coast Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience Vegas Special
Ranked #92 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't suspect anyone will ever say the Gold Coast is the greatest hotel they've ever stayed at, but they did a lot of things well.

Some of our group was at the Rio across the street. They were forced to pay $15 if they wanted to get into the room prior to 4 pm check-in time even though rooms were ready. For me at the Gold Coast, I didn't have such a stupid fee to pay.

The room? It's a (flat screen) TV, a comfortable bed, and a tiny round table and chair. But then again if you're not going to be in the room that much, $28! How can you go wrong?

Could the carpeting get updated? Yes. Should the bathrooms be a different color? Yeah. But I'm the kind of guy who didn't really care.

Now on the positive side: You can pay a lot more for a lunch buffet than the Gold Coast. A LOT more. But do you walk away saying their buffet is twice as good as the Gold Coast? Probably not. It's really quite good. $9 for lunch!

Also had a late night dinner at Ping Pang Pong. Orange beef was excellent!

Went to Subway and grabbed a breakfast sandwich for $5 prior to my flight out. You'd pay a lot more at the airport.

One of the plusses I see about the Gold Coast is it knows what it is. It isn't trying to be the Rio or the Bellagio. And they serve their niche pretty well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Never ever been to the Gold Coast and honestly might never come back. Only here because a friend had comp rooms...but the (premium) room is quite cozy and odd that I had to get my own room. Found a super cheap rate via Kayak.com, but you get what you pay for...Yes, they've done renovations so at first look, the rooms are nice (see my photos). But here's what bugs: my bed sinks in the middle, stains on sheets, shower has no curtain so the back half of the shower is wide open, door to bathroom slides but can totally see in, no free wi-fi, and here's the kicker, I took a shower that started lukewarm that I thought would heat up but got colder and colder. It's 40 degrees outside so a cold shower is definitely not desirable. Right after I got out of the shower, I called the front desk and the supervisor (Steven) was so rude! No apology, just, "a pipe broke and it should be up soon, but we aren't sure." So I asked him how come they can't notify people with like a message and his reply was, "How would we do that?" Hmmm...customer service anyone? He was so cocky, but robotic ("thank you enjoy your stay" barf!). Totally leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Needless to say, I guess next time I just need to stick my guns and stay at places with better reviews (they are there for a reason!)....my verdict: choose another place.

• Stayed December 2012
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have wanted to see the National Finals Rodeo for years, and chose the Gold Coast because they are one of the Rodeo sponsors. The hotel is not on "the Strip", and was less "glitzy", but we had a more comfortable feeling. The rooms are good. They had western dancing every evening the the ballroom and we enjoyed that every night. At at the Cortez Room in the casino and enjoyed a very good dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I made our reservations online for our 25th anniversary. My husband contacted the hotel to see if a suite was available. Not only did they upgrade our room, but they assisted my husband with all of his plans to surprise me (flowers, dinner, etc...). Everyone went out of their way to ensure that our stay was perfect, from reservations to the front desk to the housekeepers! Even the security guards were great! Very friendly, helpful, and professional! We will definitely stay there again! Kudos on customer service done right!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Clean and big room, though the bathroom was on the small side. Friendly staff and good service. That's about what I expected, given the price USD 28 =USD 25 room + USD 3 resort fee. I was not disappointed.

There is a shuttle that takes you to the Strip, stopping at Bill's gambling house -across Ceasar's Palace-, more or less every 30' from 7 AM to 12 PM. Very convenient.

Another guest told us that the buffet at the restaurant was good. I can't say anything about it. We stayed only one night and went to the Strip for dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were impressed with this place. It's not the Ritz but doesn't have the price tag of the Ritz either. Rooms were clean and spacious. Not much of a gambler but casino was pretty nice. Starbucks in casino = Awesome. TGIFridays in casino = awesome. 24hr bowling in hotel = awesome! We never left the hotel because everything we needed was right there! They are in process of renovations and the deli/ice cream parlor closed. Had an absolutely amazing clerk, Arlinda, check us in and went above and beyond after we discovered a small issue with our reservation but within a few hours, all was good. We are looking forward to coming back for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We are not gambling people, so cheap is the biggest pros for us. The free wifi is 4.99, however we used four devices iphone/ipad/computer... it charged me 4 times though when connecting to the internet, it says charge per room. We don't have time to argue with the front desk since we need to catch the flight. I have never met this situation before. Strongly suggest you ask before you connect to wifi and take a picture of the agreement page!
Not far from China Town if you are looking for Chinese food

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gold Coast Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!