“Favorite Hotel- Locals and Seniors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Coast Hotel and Casino

You added Gold Coast Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Don't Get Stripped!
Ranked #91 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Naperville, Illinois
“Favorite Hotel- Locals and Seniors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. The daily rate was one third the amount charged by the conference hotel next door. The room was clean, hotel was well maintained and the availablity of the TGIF Friday resturant on the premises was great. The resturant offered dining in or carry out.
The prices for the wine, dessert, Jack Daniels sandwich/fries, and salad was very reasonable.
The hotel offers free shuttle service to the strip. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

To high school class reunion organizers, I highly recommend GC to you. I brought about 130 attendees to GC last Oct. 20, 2012, mostly graduates from 1950's to the 80's. I was told that the best time to be in Las Vegas is the month of October. The weather temp was just like California.

I signed our reservation contract 8 months before our scheduled event which includes our dinner and dining hall on Oct. 20th plus discounted rates for our rooms. We stayed in the hotel for 5 days- 4 nights using discounted rates given to our group. The catering service manager was very helpful in coordinating her staff how to set up the hall and dining settings. She made sure all the things I requested was properly done.

One of the favor I asked her was to hang our 12' x 3' canvas banner on the wall at the photo area. She called a technician to do it and it was perfectly taped to the wall. I was very worried we won't be able to have the banner for our picture taking.
I even requested a birthday cake for our 2 birthday celebrants which totally surprised not only the celebrants but the attendees as they sang along the happy birthday song.

For dinner, we had the delicious Hawaiian Kahuna Buffet menu. The roast pork tenderloin with apple ragout and their grilled Mahi-mahi fish with mango salsa were the most likeable to everyone's taste buds. We had lots of dessert to select.

In addition to a very impressive dinner, a 24' x 24' dance floor was laid in front of a riser where our hired DJ set his music equipment. Our avid dancers whether ballroom or line dancing enjoyed their moves till midnight. If not for the support of the GC staff, we won't be having a great time during our first time reunion outside California. All our attendees came from different US states and countries like Canada and Switzerland. Until now emails flowing through the Internet from most of our attendees expressing how they enjoyed our gathering and asking when is the next reunion.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/c unit noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wonderful hotel in every way and the dinner buffet was the best we had while in Vegas. We loved the enchiladas, so be sure to try them. The wait staff were very nice and helpful as well. The room was different but very nice. The shower in our room was an open type, and the floor got a bit wet, but we enjoyed it, because it was so unusual. Clean, comfy bed, & spacious room. We loved Gold Coast.

usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel by accident via Pirceline.com. We overbid. This is the first time we stayed at an off-strip hotel. We stayed at Mirage, Luxor, Treasure Island & Turnberry private residence before.
Pros: the room is pretty sizable and clean. The Asian restaurant Ping Pang Pong offers delicious food with a reasonable price. The hotel has a huge Bingo place and a 70 lane bowling facility. Cathy at T.G.I Friday is very welcoming and positive. She also has a big heart as I witnessed that a customer disappeared when she came out of the kitchen to serve the breakfast. Instead of wasting the food, she offered it to the cleaning lady who was mopping the floor to sit down and eat. It was about 6:00 in the morning. It was an inspiring gesture of Cathy.

Cons: We were given a smoking room initially. We went back to the front desk for a non-smoking room as my husband and I are both non-smokers. The gentleman, Steve, stated that Priceline.com booked a smoking room with double bed for us. How odd it is. Priceline never gave us a choice to select the type of room or bed. The casino is smoky.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is somewhat shabby but the rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is good. This is a nice place for an inexpensive stay. The casino is smoky to the point I could not play at the tables and the smoke permeates the entire first floor. We ate at the buffet for breakfast one morning and the oatmeal was excessively watery and the rest of the meal was room temperature. The restaurant Ping Pang Pong has GREAT food and was voted best Asian restaurant in Vegas recently.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Body Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Gold Coast Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Gold Coast. We are currently remodeling a portion of our standard rooms, with hopes of completing the whole hotel early in 2013. Your "Good" and "Bad" comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments, and by the way we agree with you, Ping Pang Pong is a "Great" restaurant. Again thank you for your comments and we appreciate your patronage.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I go to Vegas pretty regularly, but I have rarely stayed off the Strip just because I like being in the middle of everything. Due to a tight budget and only being in Vegas one night over the weekend, I chose to stay at the Gold Coast. I am so glad I did!! The price was incredibly reasonable and the location is great. It's just off the Strip next to The Rio and across the street from The Palms.

The room is huge!! It was very nicely furnished and the bed was really, really comfortable. It had a nice big screen TV, a good view of The Palms and part of the Strip, and it was incredibly clean. One weird thing though.....the small window in the bathroom and the big window in the room both open. I find that really odd for a Vegas hotel. There's a warning not to open the window, but it's something to be aware of if you have kids....I'm not sure they could reach the top latch on the big window but still, you never know.

My favorite part of the Gold Coast is it's setup. The parking garage is small, but there were plenty of spaces. Once you enter the casino from the garage which is not a far walk at all, you are right at the check in desk. Then, the elevator to our room was seriously right around the corner. No walking 5 bajillion miles through a casino to get to your room. I really appreciated that part after spending the whole day driving, I just wanted to get to my room ASAP.

I would definitely stay at the Gold Coast again, it was wonderful and awesome and all sorts of other amazing adjectives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having liked gambling at the Gold Coast on previous trips, I decided to take up their two night free room offer for Wednesday and Thursday, October 10 & 11.

IMO, the Hotel was excellent with with a nice view of the surrounding area. It was clean and quiet--not even any minor problem. The employees were friendly and helpful. I will certainly return --nice stay.

I played the slots most of the time (no significant wins). There was, of course, easy access to the Rio and the Palms. The shuttle was used to go to the Orleans and to Bill's so spent one afternoon on the Strip.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Gold Coast Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!