“Gone WAAAY down hill” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Gone WAAAY down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

I stayed at this hotel once before, in July of 2005, and just six months later it is now gone way down hill. They told me when I checked in that there were prostitues living at the hotel and would be right down the hall from me, but if I had any problems with them, or got solicited to let the front desk know.
The rooms were not as clean as the last time I was there, though the breakfasts were fine. They also had multple hurricain refuges staying there, and though my heart goes out to them, and I think it's kind of sad, it made for what I would delicately call "some colorfull, late night, raised voice conversations" That were very disturbing to me. I once had to call the front desk for fear that some guy was going to beat up or kill his wife or girlfriend. I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas,Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

10-27-2005

I stayed at the Extended Stay on 4270 South Valley View BLVD. I found the weather great. The pool nice and the Jacuzzi hot. I have a lot of experience with other Extended Stays and have written reviews that are good about excellent people. However , I never met a worse staff as the Extended Stay in Las Vegas at this address. First of all the maid staff is lazy. I would go for laps in the day and they sit around smoking cigarettes outside the swimming pool gateway where us guests have to pass and enter. Second, there's two days out of the week that they clean and they don't even show up. Third, I tried to complain about the service on a day the maid was supposed to show up and the manager Carol Farmer excused the maid by saying, " She showed up Sunday and serviced the room and she was not going to tell the maid to service my room that day". I was outraged. I tried to explain the maid did not come on Sunday when she was supposed to and my carpet was filthy. She denied my request to have my carpet vacuumed and dismissed my request making me feel like I was lying. How awful I felt. I had a dirty carpet. Mice run around the property on the sidewalks near peoples doorways. I also observed Carol not being able to handle her lazy staff. I asked for clean towels and without even looking, a 19 year old girl at the front desk dismissed looking for clean towels and sheets by not even checking , and said, " We ran out ".

I found the staff extremely lazy. Carol has no control over her staff and she doesn't have the proper skills to run a hotel. She's too easy on her smoking cigarettes staff when I needed something as easy as a quick vacuum . It would of took a maid 5 minuets but no while I complained I looked out my window and the maids were busy smoking cigarettes by the motel pool gate instead of doing what they were supposed too like vacuum for 5 minuets. I found that ridiculous. I was on the phone with her, and I kid you not! 3 maids were smoking by those pool gates while she was denying me. I find her to be an awful manager. If carol farmer can't control her staff then can't a exec come in to investigate and see how lazy everyone is. If I wanted this kind of service I would of stayed at a low budget roach motel.

• Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2005

we have stayed on this property four times and we have always been well satisfied. It is not the Venetian 9 where we have also stayed) but what you get is parking at your front door, clean spacious accomodations and a friendly staff. They have security 24 hours and it is an easy walk to the Rio. Small kitchen helps with breakfast and snack expenses. Obviously we would stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2004

I styed at ESA for three days. The romm was spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2003

Rooms were clean. Pool was dirty & small. A little ways from the strip.

Been to Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View? Share your experiences!