“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Northern Colorado
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was the worse experience I have ever had in a room, and customer service.

We ordered our vacation pkg through Priceline, with our flight tickets. I checked online, looked at the pics, and also read reviews, they looked good, but, I didn't realize that there was more then one of these in Las Vegas. So I booked it expecting it to be nice, clean room. When we got to our room, after carry our bags up a flight stairs to the 2nd floor, the room smell was so bad with stale smoke that I could hardly breathe when I walked in. I even started wheezing, and feeling sick to my stomach.

When we called to say this was not what we were exoecting, and it smelled so horrible that we could hardly stand being in the room, they said they were really sorry, but they were full for the weekend. But to check back the next day. (The parking lot was not full, at all.) Reluctantly, we spend the night, the pillows and bedding reeked so bad that it was horrible! My clothes smelled so bad from just being in the room, it smelled like I was a smoker, and my pajama's reeked so bad from being in the bed, that when I smelled them, I almost threw up.

When we went down the next morning to see if another room had become available, they said that they were really sorry again, but, no, there were no none smoking rooms available. And she added that this is the room the Priceline automatically gives you when you book a vacation through them, so they blamed Priceline! Do they have anything to do with this pkg! Were we not in their care? Unbelievable! She said when housekeeping became available, (they were swamped right now), that they would send them to wash walls, and spray something, and to put a ozone thing in to collect all the bad air, and clean it. We had to be gone out of the room for hours for them to do that. They said they did the air, but, when we came back, it still reeked of smoke, and there was no evidence of housekeeping ever coming to our room for the whole weekend. Our bed was never made, we asked for clean bedding, that they never put on the bed. never checked on our towel situation, had one little sample of coffee, never refilled that, so that we could even make coffee in the room. We had to ask for simple things like soap to wash with, and shampoo. It was the worse experience, and customer service that I have ever had in a room, ever. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I will never go back! Dirty, reeked of smoke, customer service was lacking in every way. Not even...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. Please accept our apologies. In reviewing the circumstances highlighted in your review. It seems that you had a preference for a nonsmoking room but the property only had smoking rooms available. Although we do not guarantee preferences, i.e., smoking or non, floor, which way room faces etc… we do work hard to match each guest up with their desires. Your third party reservation was booked as a smoking room, as that was the only type available. I do understand that on the morning after your arrival you spoke to the general manager who worked to make the room as fresh smelling as she could. She treated the room with an ozone machine and then sprayed the room with air diffusing spray on the Friday morning while you were away from the room. Unfortunately, we did not have any nonsmoking rooms to move you to. I apologize that a room change wasn't an option we had available. You also mentioned a lack of housekeeping. You are correct, all Extended Stay America properties provide housekeeping for stays that are 8 nights or longer. Additional housekeeping is available for a nominal fee of just $10.00 per service. In order to educate guests about our housekeeping procedures, we always explain the housekeeping service verbally at check in, then each guest is given printed info with your keys and finally in the bathroom on the left side of the bath sink will be a plastic stand up card that further explains our housekeeping. It also explains that each day you can bring your used linen to the desk and we will provide fresh linen to you in return, no charge.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dbusch@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Victorville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Several of the rooms required cleaning above and beyond the regular service offered so home engineers should be prepared to, probably clean when you arrive. I think I saw a better rate for the same brand more centrally located to city enter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. The cleanliness issues in your room that you described are unacceptable and I truly apologize for your experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the members of our housekeeping staff and moving forward we will put forth extra time and care to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned, inspected and maintained at a high level of standard.

Your feedback is very important to us so again thank you for sharing. I hope that you will contact me at LVV@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this matter further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area.
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you are looking for a budget friendly motel, you should stay at this motel.
Rooms are large and relatively clean. Each suite includes a living room with a kitchenette and a bedroom.
Laundry is available onsite, the pool is small but clean and inviting. As the name suggests, it is meant for longer stays but they do accept nightly guests.
Location is OK but there are no restaurants close by. Reception is not open 24/7.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and clean room. It is also great to read that you liked our onsite laundry facility, which is open 24 hours, and our pool that is open year round from 8 AM to 10 PM. There are also multiple restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, so I apologize if we failed to mention this during your check-in process.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve to you again in the future.
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited this hotel a few years ago and wrote a review. Last time, the air conditioner sucked. This time, it was powerful and as cold as I wanted. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel manager lady was very professional. There are at least 2 flat screen TV's per suite. The bedroom is separated from the living room. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, ask for a quiet room. As with any hotel with a door exposed to the outside, ask...
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

They should consider that they are a long term hotel/apartment and price it accordingly. While staying there, within a 10 month period the rent was raised twice, the pool was shut down for about three months and they over charge in the laundry room. I started going out to a laundry matt.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am truly sorry that the pool was closed for an extended period of time during your stay. Please know, this was done because it needed to be upgraded according to new regulations, and was completed during the winter months when we thought it would be less inconvenient for our guests. As for our rates, due to many factors, they can fluctuate. I am sorry that this was not in line with your expectations.

If you have any additional feed back please do not hesitate to reach out to me at lvv@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel in the future.
Logan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First off, let me state that if you stay here expecting a Residence Inn or a Hilton then you will be disappointed, but for the price this is an excellent hotel. Our family stayed here for 2 nights while and really enjoyed having a full kitchen with everything but an oven which is great if you want to save money by avoiding eating out. The carpet is a bit worn and there are other signs that the property is aging, but everything was clean. The front desk staff was also great and asked if everything was acceptable with our room. We used the pool one afternoon and were the only people in it and everything was clean. Some of remarked that the room doesn't have a coffee maker which is true, however fresh coffee as well as a limited assortment of breakfast items are provided in the lobby in the morning. One thing that I wish I had known was that they do not provide bath soap or shampoo although they are available in the vending machines for $2 each. Just something to keep in mind. For the price of this property, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found the well equipped kitchens to be beneficial and the price to such a great value.

Thank you for your kind words about how well the staff treated you and the overall cleanliness.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future. Please keep us in mind .
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived in Las Vegas on a late saturday afternoon on a flight from Europe. We only wanted a place to sleep and we would be leaving Las Vegas again early the next morning. Saturday night is the most expensive night in Vegas and we didn't want to pay a lot of money for just a few hours. I got this hotel on a Priceline Express Deal (I knew it had to be this Extended Stay America, so no surprise for us) for just $ 35,-. And we would do it again in a heartbeat. Right on the 'other side' of the I15. Front desk was very nice. Got a good night sleep, grabbed some fruit and coffee in the morning and off we went. For us good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our Front Desk staff. We are also pleased to hear that you received a good nights sleep and our Grab and Go breakfast was to your liking. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lvv@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View? Share your experiences!