“My Oasis in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“My Oasis in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I will attempt to be brief. AAAAA ++++ < --how's that ?

I'm a senior (61) that has been on the road playing solo Blues guitar and enjoying life immensely since 2002 and finally am staying put at least a few more months at this property as I have some personal business in Vegas..like seeing Madonna October 13th..but I digress.

The past 10 years I have come to really like (and my senior budget depends on) the weekly monthly stay hotel chains that are popping up all over now, and have seen most brands first-hand (paid and stayed). Some are deplorable roach infested crime magnets like Seigel Suites - Tropicana. A choice few have always been top shelf like Candlewood Suites, Residence Inn and Extended Stay America.

I am currently lodging (as I type) this past month Aug 2012 with Extended Stay America Valley View property here in Las Vegas, NV 89103. The property is immaculate. Mature well-groomed landscape with towering palms all over. Plenty of shade .Poolside is like heaven to me...clean with apparently brand-new deck furniture, umbrellas, tables etc..very nice...I love it there early mornings. Pool, jacuzzi and gym are maintained well and accesible according to posted hours. Frankly I expect these basic amenity standards everywhere I lodge but I don't always get them. The rooms here are as shown on the website and my 1BR suite at check-in was immaculate and stocked accordingly for weekly stays. My weekly housekeeping keeps it that way for me too! It is comfy and I get privacy and peace & quiet. The physical property here is already top notch and very attractive -BUT- what really makes this property my "Oasis in Las Vegas" is the great STAFF. So friendly and considerate. They make this already great property a real stand-out in my 10 years of traveling and lodging at 'extended stay' type hotels. After nearly a month I have seen no police action. Some call Las Vegas 'Sin City' I know but here at this property I do not see prostitutes, dope dealers, wandering homeless or otherwise. It is safe here for families and solo lady travelers IMHO. There is uniformed security here nightly (11-7). I've seen no trouble. It is safe to stay here. I feel quite safe. That's important to me.

I want to be very clear; the staff here at Extended Stay America Valley View - Las Vegas makes -ALL- the difference to me..the property is already top-notch and I am staying on past Madonna's concert..indefinitely now. Great property and super staff. They smile a genuine smile and seem to me to be happy employees. Staff can and will "make or break" an otherwise great hotel property. Over the past 10 years I have stayed at plenty of similar extended stay hotels and I truly know a 'keeper' when I see one. Stay here. Incidently I had a requested early 4AM check-in here and the after hours check-in was smooth, friendly and courteous. Stay here. Daily and weekly rates available. Pet friendly. FREE Wi-Fi that actually works. FREE local calls. It's the best value I have found in my 10 year travels that meets and exceeds my standards 110%. I can be 'cranky' but I'm smiling here at Extended Stay America - Valley View Las Vegas 89103.

Room Tip: +1 for south side rooms are quiet. No ATM on site. Laundry facility rennovated just last week. Like...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Due to unexpected complications with my apartment lease, I needed a place to stay for an extended period of time. I booked a 1 king bedroom suite for $45 a night and I must admit I'm very very glad that I chose to stay here! I was initially worried that this would be one of those sketchy motels in some sketchy part of Vegas, surrounded by even more sketchy people. Thankfully, that was not the case at all!

The Hotel:
Due to the really low rate of the room, I was expecting almost nothing from this hotel room. Once I checked in though, I was surprised at how clean it was and how nice the amenities were inside. Free wifi is great (though not for streaming videos or playing games), comes with plenty of clean towels, clean linen on the bed, two flat screen LG TVs, and a functional full-sized kitchen. This place is a fantastic value if you're just looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep, relax, and wash up with sense of security. However, if you're looking for fancy artworks, pretentious decors throughout the room, and other useless luxury amenities, go pay $300 a night and stay at the Wynn. The location of the hotel is also excellent. Just to the east of the I-15, across from Rio and adjacent to The Palms. It's away from the crazy traffic of The Strip, yet close enough to visit The Strip without any hassle.

The Staff & Service:
During the second night of my stay, there was a power outage throughout the entire property. Though this was highly inconvenient, I must commend the staff here for dealing through it in a very professional manner. They clearly explained what to expect and when to expect it. The staff is also very sociable and friendly, especially Roger at the front desk. They are definitely much friendlier and provide more personal attention to the guests than some of the other more upscale properties I've stayed at including MGM Grand and The Signature at MGM Grand!

There is one slightly negative thing I'd like to point out though: when I was locked out, I went to the front desk to ask for a new key. I had accidentally left my wallet in the room at the time and thus, had no picture ID with me. However, the front desk agent proceeded to give me a new key to my room without making sure that the name on the reservation was indeed me by checking a picture ID :/ I've worked at hotel front desks before and I don't think that's a good sign! Someone should've escorted me to my room, opened the door, and made sure that this room was indeed my room by checking a picture ID... or check to see if I can properly recite my home address on file or whatever.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Las Vegas - Valley View. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The positives:
Roomy
Nice kitchenette to cook
Nice tv's
Spacious closets
Very close to Rio Hotel & Casino
Parking lot was safe when we stayed here

The negatives:
The check-in counter closes at 11pm so be sure your keys work because if not you are at risk of getting locked out of your room.

The living room and master bedroom have ac units...the middle room does not and does not get any air which is a bad combination in the summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Las Vegas - Valley View. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Perfect place for a family with kids. The kitchen was convenient for cooking snacks and meals for the kids. We loved the layout and accommodations of the double room. The room was immaculate and the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors and strive to provide a "home away from home" experience, no matter if you are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. We would love to see you here again or have you visit us at any other brand locations.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place was fantastic. On my way home we stopped here for a week and I was not let down. The people working here are so nice and did everything they could to help make my stay a pleasant one. They allowed my dog which was a plus since it's so hard to find a pet friendly hotel for a large dog (German Shepherd) and their rooms were clean. I never saw a single bug inside the room the entire time I was there. They have flat screen televisions for people that are looking for that and the location is great. Right down the road from strip,but away from all the traffic. The only thing I didn't like was the location of their pool. I also liked the walk in closets the wood flooring in the bathroom and kitchen area and the furniture was nice and up to date. Another plus is how nice and quiet it is. The walls must be thick because I never once heard a neighbor or their tv. Fast food places near by were Sonic, Taco Bell and McDonalds and it's within walking distance of the Gold Coast, Palms and Rio. Great place for a family!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of the Rio hotel and you can also see the Luxor. The one bedroom...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Las Vegas-Valley View. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We are ecstatic that we were able to accommodate you and your German shepard. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

these people were so helpful and accomdating.what a nice expierence each time i stay there!!! whether it's for my reservation,or check in they just can't seem to want do enough for you.the staff just wants to make as comfortable as possible.the property is always clean as their rooms,just terrific.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Las Vegas-Valley View. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

I had a fantastic stay! The staff was super friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for me!! I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Las Vegas-Valley View. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tell us that we are delivering on that commitment! We strive to provide a "home away home" experience for all guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Our staff and I are truly honored for your recognition and we will continue to strive on our excellent customer service! Once again, I and entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels (sm) locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Valley View? Share your experiences!