“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of On The Vegas Boulevard Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added On The Vegas Boulevard Hotel to your Saves list
On The Vegas Boulevard Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   1150 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89104 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights while attending a convention in Las Vegas. The motel was clean, the desk clerks were very responsive, and I felt quite safe in the area. Strongly recommend it as a widow traveling alone. Inexpensive but quite adequate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Highland, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the worst hotel that I have ever come across. Do not stay here, The rooms are dirty and they smell. The beds feel like rocks the pillows are flat.The shower is so bad, the water flow is so low that you cannot even rinse the shampoo out of your hair. I know that it is a cheep hotel but we went over to the Howard Johnson's and paid the same price, the room was 100% better.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Other then paying $170 for a friday and saturday night nascar weekend hotel room, it's a pretty good hotel. We only stayed the two nights but they never came in and cleaned the room or made the beds, the AC actually was blowing hot air, but wasn't too bad considering it wasn't summer time, and you can only make a right out of the parking lot heading back toward the strip. Beyond that, it's 4 walls, a bathroom, two beds, and you don't get robbed/mugged or something contracted from the sheets. ;)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Babylon, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Honestly this place aint bad. Been here 4 days now. I've stayed at a few hotels and weekly apartments in Vegas over the last month and I now wish I would have chose this location first. Most important...not a single bug. That is saying a lot as bedbugs are a problem in L.V. and I have seen them in other locations. But here, none. Clean beds. Staff have been great so far, especially Keith who went out of his way to help. The wifi is hit or miss in the room but fine in the lobby area or outside of it. The location for me is perfect. You are in walking distance to the Freemont experience. 10 minutes North. I do it every day but if you are up in age or out of shape you might want to use the very nice buses which are right outside. 5 bucks for two hour unlimited transfers and 7 bucks for 24 hours unlimited. Go south on the bus to the strip and airport. I do not suggest taxi's in L.V. I was ripped off when I first got here. Could have walked to my hotel but the driver took advantage of me not knowing the area and took me the long way around. Taxis are way overpriced anyway. Double what I pay in Chicago. I really can not complain about the hotel much. The housekeeping does the minimum. A bit more elbow grease and cleaning behind dressers, in corners and around tables and I would have gave 5 stars, but they need to improve on that. Bathroom is clean in my room. They are currently upgrading and redoing the rooms as I type this so I expect it will get better. I hope they keep the same prices and clean it up a bit more and I will be happy to recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Vegas. In fact I do recommend it as is for the budget traveler wanting a decent room. The area is not an upscale suburb, it's the arts and backpacker district. But not so different from anyplace in Vegas outside of the strip. I've had no problems and people have been friendly. Don't be afraid but be on your toes, especially around Freemont. It's Vegas after all and people are here to hustle, duh. All in all, good value. I will write another review after I leave if anything changes.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you need or if there is a problem and I'm sure they will do their best t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

First room was filthy and hadn't been cleaned, two other people found their first room to be the same. Man at the front desk was kind and "upgraded" our room... Now we had a busted wall, a mutilated chair, and a shower that looked disgusting. Too scared to sleep under the covers, and felt like I should check under the bed... No thanks.

• Stayed February 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The staff are fair and firm which given it's the tackier end of The Strip, is sometimes needed. I stayed a few nights and felt perfectly safe, as was my SUV. Having stayed at the plush end of The Strip just a week or two earlier, this was better, far less frenetic and better value for money. Stay in the Kingsize rooms if you can, They are far better quality. Wifi here is at best patchy but if you raise it as a need they work around you and try to assist with room allocation. There's absolutely no breakfast served of any kind, just 24-hour coffee available in the foyer.

Room Tip: The swimming pool's small, right by The Strip (road) but hey, it's clean, glassed-off in a g...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Witney, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Our stay was fine and very cheap. There were two of us (2 guys 18-23) and we had one room with 2 big double beds. Our room was cleaned daily which inc. beds being made and bathroom cleaned. This was adequate for us. The bathroom was absoluitely fine. Tv was fine with a good range of channels. Air Con could have been better.

The location is "ok" but there is a pricey very modern public bus route which passes directly outside the Hotel. It services the strip very efficiently. This is probably the best bet travelling to the Strip daily. The local area is pretty dodgy with stripclubs, tattoo parlours, chapels etc. Crime is all over the place.

In terms of property amenities i will run through them:

-Business Centre - Non-existent.

-Free Breakfast - In reception - Coffee/Orange Juice, Muffins & Bagels with Butter/Jam, Polystyrene plates & cups, Widescreen TV to watch news/Current Affairs.

-Free High-Speed Internet - We used an Ipod Touch to attain WiFi. This was very temperamental as it depended on the location of your room. However through the use of some stern words this situation was fixed by the time we left due to the placement of a new router.

-Free Parking - YES

-Kids activities - There was a pool table and table tennis table that were in the car park. I suppose you can include the pool.

-Kitchenette - Now they had very well equipped common-room in the corner of the complex on the ground floor. This had a very large TV, Laundry facilities, most essential cooking implements, books, maps, condiments, sofas. This room was very good to use, as if you're travelling self-catered it is very easy to prepeare food.

-Pets - Didn't see any pets.

-Room Service - Probably could call reception but i very much doubt that they would move off their chair.

-Shuttle bus service - Non-existent

-Suites - It has en-suite rooms!?

-Swimming Pool - We did actually use this twice, however it was ridiculously cold and didn't see anyone else use it the entire time we were there (5 days). It was more of a bet than anything. There is space to sunbathe.

-Wheelchair access - Yes. Ground floor rooms etc.

I also need to comment on a permanent sound of the mexican housekeeping staff. This included loud talking and loud televisons/music until quite late hours.

The reception staff are very slow and seemed to avoid any work on their behalf as possible. However we didn't have many problems and they did hold our luggage for 4/5 hours after we checked out.

Room Tip: Book Early and have the correct appropriate paperwork on arrival.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to On The Vegas Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!