“When in Vegas,you only need a room for sleep....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   305 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Greek Isles Hotel & Casino) (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #158 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Knoxville, Tennessee
“When in Vegas,you only need a room for sleep....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Since I was on a business trip, I compared the value of the room and the proximity to the convention center.
The value is excellent. The proximity is outstanding. I was able to walk to the convention center in less than five minutes. At the end of the day, while everyone else was waiting in line for cabs, I walked easily to the hotel.
But, traveler beware, as we all have learned, usually if there is a great value involved in the lodging, there is usually also a sacrifice. The sacrifice here is that the hotel made it to the late 70’s and then all efforts for modernization just stopped. The carpet is old and outdated, the elevators are less than glamorous, and the room is oddly large, almost too large. It needs a couch or a table and chairs. The water pressure was good, although there was a strong smell coming out of the sink whenever I turned on the faucet. My only true negative comment is that the A/C was not efficient. The room never cooled down.
The pool was less than tempting. Although it appeared clean from afar, upon a closer inspection, I chose not to take the challenge.
The restaurant is not an attractive place to eat. On the first day I attempted to have the $9.99 breakfast buffet. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed larger and tastier breakfast buffets at a Holiday Inns, and they were free. After the first couple of bites, I swore off the buffet for the rest of the trip. I also decided not to try the dinner menu, so I do not have any comments other than the breakfast bar.
The true value of this hotel is the location to the strip and the hidden value in the bar. While entertaining other business travelers, I would pay up to $8.00 a glass for a cold beer, but at the hotel bar, you can purchase four bottles for $10.00, and during happy hour (3pm-6pm) it is a great value on draft beer. While eating with a friend, he had chicken wings, I had a personal pizza and we split 4 beers. The total charge was $15.00, a great value. On future trips, even if I do not stay at the Clarion, I would walk to the bar, enjoy a cold beverage and call a cab from there, it would be far easier than waiting in the long lines at the convention center.
Although I am not a true gambler, the bar does have several machines. They appear to be older machines. But, with the savings that you have from the hotel, you can catch a cab to the larger casinos.
The staff was very accommodating, and friendly.
Overall, the experience was acceptable; I was only in the room long enough to shower, sleep and get ready for the next day. As a business traveler I think that it is a great value. If I were traveling on a personal vacation with the family I would probably choose different accommodations.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and did not have any noise issues.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Although , a good rate for this trip room was clean and comfortable but, had a big empty space like a couch or bed was missing. Pool area was sadly disapointing. Hot tub had greasy film and was cold as well as chairs need to be replaced and a little upgrade to this area would be benficial. The bar/casino had a seedy rundown feel to it. Front desk staff seemed nice and housekeeping staff also. If you need just a place to sleep,clean and comfortable this will do fine in a pinch. Called into choice customer service noone from front desk ever contacted us on the pool issue. We won't stay here again too bad candlewood suites was full!

• Stayed September 2012
Dronfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A good hotel within 5 - 10 mins walk to the larger casinos on the strip and it comes at a price that's a real winner.

When you arrive you know that it will not stand up to comparisons on the strip so no point in trying to do so. The front desk team are helpful, the rooms are large and clean. You can eat in the restaurant that is reasonably priced and provides good food. Getting to and from places without transport is easy and safe. Importantly you can also get a good sleep, away from the noise that is Las Vegas

Room Tip: We were located on 4th floor close to lift and heard no outside noise at all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a decent hotel at a good price for Vegas. The only trouble we had was that the phones weren't working, and we were trying to organize a party of 8, including 3 people who didn't have cell phones.

The breakfast is okay, but the service was rather slow.

The staff at reception was VERY helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay in Las Vegas on a Friday night and checked out the Choice Hotels website around mid-day. The Clarion came up with a rate of $45 with no fees.

When I book a room at the last minute I look for two things - a clean room and will my car be safe. The Clarion met both of these. The room was large and very clean - a bit worn/old, but clean.

The hotel is located near the Strip near Circus Circus allowing you to walk in either direction to explore the sights.

Front desk were very friendly and provided prompt service.

My only concern was the wifi connection was inconsistent.

Overall, great value for the price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Apple Valley, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The out side needs some sprucing up, and the lobby area are dated, but thats not all bad. The hall ways and elevators need some work. As some said the hallways were hot, not when I was there in late Aug. they were fine, but a little grungy and could use a change of color. The room was large,,very clean the bed VERY comfy. I was there over Labor day weekend, I would have thought I would have noisey, party people around. It was peacefull, no slamming doors ,no loud people on the halls, it's not like other places I've stayed. If you want a good nights sleep stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful week in the El Dorado National Forest but after a few days the lure to have a long hot shower and big comfy bed is enticing. upon our arrival we noticed that the lobby was warm (granted it was about 104 that day in August) but warm was not good. The lobby seemed dirty actually a bit grimy. The only person working the front desk was pleasant and efficient as she checked us in quickly. The elevator yuck needs alot of work. Stepped off the elevator and the heat in the halls was stifling. So I was a bit concerned until we opened the door to our room. It was a little warm but cooled soon enough and the shower was amazing and the bed was a dream. I wish I had one just like it. Everything was clean although it could use a little updating. This was our second Clarion on our trip out west this summer and the first was in St George Utah. It was fantastic! Same shower same bed...

Room Tip: no breakfast provided. It was pretty late when we checked in and I had to go down to the front desk...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!