“Bad motel” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #142 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was good place and average hotel stay experience but very good if you want nearby strip area of las vegas. Hotel Staff was friendly enough and breakfast is just ok and I believe average rating would be good considering decent place and convenient from las vegas strip

Room Tip: AC is good especially if outside temp is more than 100F and rooms are ok but breakfast was poor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stoke on Trent UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed again at the travelodge and this motel is just fine. Nice and quite and easy to/park. rooms clean. I have ready the other reviews and did not find the staff rude, in fact we had a problem with the AC which was quickly rectified. If you want to enjoy vegas at a budget and are prepared to drive back to the hotel each night then this is a perfect choice for you.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

2 days into our stay, I went to shower and realized the water heater broke. Due to the molasses speed response from the front desk, I missed an important appointment. After being told to wait 20 minutes 6 times (2hours), I was finally told by the manager (via the front desk lady) to shower 10 doors down or wait for the water to turn hot in my present room. THEN, we spent day 5 & 6 without air conditioning (110 deg) and 5 complaints to the front desk and the manager repeatedly said to 'Turn it off', without offering a more accommodating solution. When we asked the manager, Christopher Myren to speak in his office he then proceeded to raise his voice in an inappropriate behavior. Totally disrespecting us as well as the other customers standing at the front desk. I asked for the phone number to the corporate office. He would not give it to me at first. Finally I got the chance to call and, surprise! He gave me the hotel reservation number. Not corporates. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2013
East Sussex, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Three weeks on and returned home, I still can't believe this happened. I was happily at this hotel for four nights - it's quiet, a short walk from the Strip, pool, free breakfast, really great staff. I was very happy here, so I decided to extend my stay via hotels.com. On the day I was supposed to check out, I went to the lobby at 7am to confirm all was in order for my extension. The staff at the desk could not find my reservation, so I showed them the confirmation from the website. They seemed happy with this and "would sort it out". I had been there for four nights and had built up a decent rapport with the morning guy, so I was happy and went out for a walk.

When I returned at about 1130, my key did not work, so I went down to the front desk. A different member of staff was there and I was told there was no reservation on their system and I was now locked out of my room until I paid cash. A problem - my cash, passport, all my belongings were in the room I was locked out of. Again I brought up the reservation on the lobby free internet computer - this new member of staff I had not seen before would not come out from his desk and check with me. He then decided loudly to everyone in the lobby that he would check "one more time and that was it", claiming he had been onto hotels.com helpline and they confirmed there was no reservation. I asked if I could ring them and speak to them, and he told me I would have to do it on my own dime at the nearest callbox(!). I really could not believe what was happening and just wanted to leave this place. I was truly shocked.

All of a sudden, he found the reservation. There was no apology just a muttered "I wonder how this happened" under his breath. The rudeness was still palpable and a claim that I could have fraudulently created this reservation (that's right - because if I am coming to Vegas I am going to create a fraud on a backstreet 2-star hotel....!). When he said this, I decided I did not want to stay here anymore - I asked him if he hadn't found the reservation on his system then I would have been stranded and locked out of the room - he still said "Yes" - because check-out time had passed and I would have to pay more money. Basically, removing me from my belongings including my passport. I decided at this point I definitely wanted out and told him so, mentioning I would be warning people on review websites. That's when he said the most shocking thing to me, in a lobby with other staff and customers - basically how (paraphrased but essentially correct) "You people always threaten to write reviews when you don't get your own way". Apparently, my "own way" being a reservation I had made in good faith after staying here for four nights already? "You people" being what - a tourist? a foreigner? British?. I was shocked and just wanted out. Ultimately, and I think aware of what he said, he let me back into my room to pack and leave. I was absolutely disgusted that a chain hotel with a Worldwide reputation can deal with customers in this way. It's a massive shame, the hotel otherwise was really decent and until that morning I really had enjoyed my stay.

This really is a friendly warning to all out there - even if you hold a reservation in your hand, this might not be enough. This really was the rudest member of staff I have ever come across in a customer facing industry, completely shocking and the idea that I could forceably have my passport removed from me in another country because of an internal mistake when no help was offered to help sort the situation was truly worrying. The bonus accusations of some sort of fraud and a complete mistrust of the customer for no apparent reason was just truly stunning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ambassadortravelodge, Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that there was a mix up in your reservation. We have taken necessary steps to ensure that this type of thing does not happen in the future. What we suggest is that if you happen to make multiple reservations, make sure the staff knows that you have another reservation when you arrive so they can make sure that your stay goes smoothly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This is an older motel but you cannot tell in the rooms. Not just clean, immaculate. And the bed was very comfortable. I will stay here again. Close enough to the strip to be convenient but far enough to be quiet.

• Stayed August 2013
ambassadortravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
it was very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay we are working to make sure that every guest has a pleasant stay when visiting Las Vegas
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed 2 nights but in 2 different rooms. The 1st room had no air-con control, whereas the second one had but no hot water was available and the room was extremely noisy.
The staff was very kind, but the breakfast is extremely basic.
The location is pretty good, walking distance from the Strip. Swimming pool is small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip? Share your experiences!