“A nice hotel for families with kids” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #100 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rapid City, South Dakota
“A nice hotel for families with kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I wouldn't go back to this place yet because we don't have kids, but it is a nice hotel, they remodeled a couple of years ago so it looks good, but you can't compare it to The Venetian, Bellagio or any of those which are truly expensive and luxurious. They have an arcade, free circus acts every hour and an indoor adventure dome which is really fun and you don't necessarily have to stay there in order to go to those facilities. I gave it 3 stars because the pool is a big downfall for me and it's location.

Stayed September 2013

3,677 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Thats what I felt like when I stayed in this hotel. I booked a room in the Skyrise Tower thinking that the rooms would be "newly refreshed." Well, the POD coffee maker was dirty, carpets were dated, so basically you get what you pay for-cause the room prices were not terribly high. But the real fun part was getting to my room. You had to take an elevator from the hotel lobby, up one floor, to walk across to the pavillion which took about 3-5 minutes, to get to another set of elevators to get to the 27th floor. Lots of activities for kids which is the plus. But I don't think I will be staying here again, rather

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is not the most glitzy hotel in Vegas but the price Vs comfort and service is fantastic.
It is a very good hotel. Rooms are tired, looks like you are in some detective series from the 70's, but the beds are comfortable and the rooms quiet. Don't expect a bling new hotel like many other more expensive ones on the strip, but always bear in mind the price. It's great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It's that time of year again and off to CC we went this time we were not actually staying but rather in town to visit the midway and the adventure dome.

RESORT FEE:

CC raised their resort fee to $14.95 per night which is ridiculous this is totally a MGM (they own CC) rip off and greed.

If you figure that they average 1,000 rooms booked a night that's $15,000 extra per night. You get the idea!

Unless there is a smoking deal we will not be staying at CC again but rather choose downtown or off one of the many off strip hotels.

BUFFET:

We were hungry but I am not paying $18.99 for dinner per person. I will say that during previous visits the buffet had a decent spread, quality has gone down hill but there is plenty to choose from and the drinks are self served.

MIDWAY:

This is the real deal!

Most games are only $1-2 to play and the stuffed animals and toys are way cool. I love the skee ball machines. We always leave with 1-2 bags full of stuffed toys.

During this visit some of the midway staff were rude and they almost got dealt with. I will chalk it up to a language barrier on their part. I speak and understand english the skee ball attendant did not.

The other gal (I forget what game) refused to give me my winning and we actually argued about it. It was just a cheap stuffed toy but darn it I won!

Finally, I asked if there was a camera and she replied yes. I said great I want to see the camera footage!

She begrudgingly gave me my prize. That was good customer service and my wife hasn't stopped laughing that I was upset over a stuffed toy.

ADVENTURE DOME:

Great value!

To truly enjoy the dome you have to get the unlimited wrist band. My son is six and his was only $16.95. He had a blast and got to ride about 12 rides.

Adult wrist bands are $29.95.

VALET:

Las Vegas Blvd entrance the gal had attitude but I will chalk that up to it being very hot and CC being real busy.

Overall, CC is the go to place for family fun in Las Vegas and we will surely be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for 6 nights & thoroughly enjoyed it. Okay it is not the best hotel on the strip but we loved it for our first time in Vegas :)

We stayed in the West Tower in a smoking room. I was expecting the room to stink of tobacco but was pleasantly surprised when it didn't and actually smelt very fresh & clean. The room was very big with two queen sized beds, a large TV and decent sized bathroom with shower & bath. The rooms decor was a little old & tired but was still comfortable & clean & we enjoyed a night in drinking and ordering room service from the pizza restaurant (which is amazing by the way and very cheap!).

The hotel is located on the Strip- a stones throw away from the Stratosphere. You can walk from Circus Circus to the main bit of the strip (I.e Caesars Palace, the Venetian, New York New York etc) and takes about 15-20 mins by foot or you can get the bus directly outside Circus Circus for $8 for a 24 hr bus pass up & down the strip. Alternatively you can get a taxi which are constantly waiting outside the reception doors but are very expensive- on average cost us $25 each time we ventured out onto the strip.

The hotel is a massive resort with an adequate sized casino, with about 6 restaurants including a steak house, pizza restaurant (which also offers room service), a mexican restaurant, a buffet restaurant & Mcdonalds. We ate at the buffet restaurant and was very impressed for $20 it includes a great variety of all your soft drinks, desserts & main meals. There are lots of gift shops including 24 hr shops which sell cigarettes, alcohol & snacks. There are a few bars including the Oxygen Bar and Rocking Rita's which sell lots of cocktails. There's the adventuredome with lots of rides for children & adults! Not forgetting the swimming pool! There are 2 big pools with 2 jacuzzi's with plenty of sunbeds- apparently Circus Circus is the only hotel on the strip with parasols so you can keep yourself shaded from the sun. There's 2 pool bars- one selling food & soft drinks & the other selling alcohol. Both are fairly priced.

Check in to the hotel can be quite slow as it always tends to be busy so be prepared for this!

The only negative I found with this hotel was there were a few red ants in our bathroom which resulted in my partner being painfully bitten quite a lot.

Overall I would recommended Circus Circus, but just remember it's not the best hotel on strip on par with the likes of The Venetian, Caesars Palace, etc but is great value for money :)

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Me and my fiancée and her son stayed here for 1 night and I think this is the best hotel in Vegas to come to if u have kids they can ride the rides they have and also they have plenty of games to play that way they have plenty to do and they have more than 1 pool this is one of the best in Vegas

• Stayed July 2014
Bakersfield, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I think the rooms should have sm refrigeratords and a small microwave or at least come with a complementry breakfast or lunch. I like the price of the rooms the cleanliness and the fact that we were able to get our rooms with the connecting door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas? Share your experiences!