“Cheap & clean - what you see is what you get” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #106 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Cheap & clean - what you see is what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here from 8th -12th Feb as a couple. Room was clean, bed really comfy & housekeeping did a good job each day. Hotel is huge & was quite easy to get lost! Yes the casino did smell of stale cigarette smoke but we were out sightseeing everyday so it really didn't matter. The staff were helpful & polite - we had continental breakfast a couple of mornings & had a pizza delivered to our room from the Pizzeria one night - all of which were good value for money. This hotel is towards the Northern most end of strip so its a long walk into the City Centre & back - recommend the Deuce bus which runs along the whole strip every 10-15mins a 24hr ticket is $8 & it stops frequently - definitely a foot- saver! Circus Circus is a good base if you plan to be out all day sightseeing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear KarenGary891,

Thank you for your kind remarks! We are happy to see that you found Circus Circus a good base for your Las Vegas trip. Between our famous Pizzeria, incredible staff, and legendary location, our guests never leave unsatisfied and we truly appreciate your recognition. Thank you for your review and come see us again soon!

guestrelations@circuscircus.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

In the span of thirty minutes, I saw a guy getting wheeled out on a gurney, his face broken and his head wrapped in bandages; another guy in front of a squad car, handcuffed and arrested; two guys being chased by two security guys on bikes out into the night. I didn't realize Cops: Las Vegas was filmed at Circus Circus!

I was in Vegas for work and had an extra night. I wanted to go cheap so I booked this through Hotels.com. It was about $30 total including the 'resort fee' that you can't get away from anywhere. When I arrived at the hotel, there was some training going on: two people were at each station, four stations. One was experienced and the other wasn't. I was the second person in line when I arrived. The guy in front of me went, was done in 5 minutes, and then no one took me next for another 10 minutes. Second in line - 15 minutes to wait. Apparently, the training is very involved! Here's some advice, Circus people: train your people, but be sure you have at least one line open with an experienced person.

It gets better. I finally made it to the desk and checked in. No problems so far until the agent said I would be "in the manor." I asked what the manor was, and she pulled out a map. The manor is maybe 200 yards away across a parking lot and into the neverland of the Vegas outback. I asked how I wound up out there? The agent said that's where Expedia put me. Now, forget that I booked through Hotels.com, that statement simply isn't true. Expedia will only put me what the hotel makes available so that when I get to the desk, the hotel can try to upgrade me.

Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. She offered me a stay at the West Tower for $10, half the original price of $20. I thought about it and declined, thinking maybe the walk wouldn't be so bad, and anyway, I didn't want to fall for their stupid gimmicks. I headed out for the manor and walked just to the street I thought I had to cross, but it looked really unsafe to do so. I walked back to the lobby and asked a bellhop where the manor was, and I basically retraced my steps to the street and pointed me in that direction.

Now, I've walked in the middle of the night in New York, Cairo, Marrakesh, Bangkok. I have never felt more unsafe than walking those few hundred feet to my hotel. Guys loitering at every turn, dark alleys abound, and other guys on security bikes buzzing around. Who's idea was this? And I was in Manor B, meaning one of the closest ones. I forget how many there are, but there are at least 4. If you got stuck in building D, you were going another 300 feet into that abyss.

The room was dreary. No light, no view except for building A and the tippy top of the Stratosphere. No life anywhere. Smelled funky. Mold in the bathroom crevices. I didn't feel like going back out because I'd have to walk back and forth through that uncomfortable distance again. I eventually did, and regretted it.

Circus Circus is not known to be a high end chain, but some take the risk. After this experience, I would say avoid this place at all costs. It isn't worth it. If you want to do the entertainment stuff, stay somewhere and just visit. As my wife said when I told her, "Too many people depend on you to stay at stupid hotels." Meaning, I'd be rolled out in a gurney myself.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay in the towers. But if you stay in the tower, you'd might as well...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear larry_nyc,

We deeply apologize for the room assignment challenges, as well as any other disturbances encountered during your stay. While guest preferences are of the upmost importance, they occasionally are subject to the limitations of prevailing inventory. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please don’t hesitate to contact us at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Once again, we regret any inconveniences suffered as a result of this incident, and hope for another opportunity to change your perception of Circus Circus.

new delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked a room for three nights online, it was an average package with a buffet for one meal (which I thought was for all the days). The quality of room can still be improved. I loved the indoor circus and the casino. Good and lovely number of games and rides. I could not cover it all in two days straight. All places in vegas are a must visit. So count it too.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear shivesh106,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our exciting circus attractions, as well as our lively Casino. We hope that you can stay even longer during your next stay to see all that Circus Circus has to offer!

Monrovia, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay here. I was very worried after seeing all the reviews that were not that good but decided to go with the *west wing* as a lot of people said it was the most recently remodeled part of the hotel. And I got a $33 a night deal that helped decide. We are hardly in our room-We just wanted it clean with a comfortable bed. Both needs were met.

We were in room 6842 of the West Tower. Extremely CLEAN! Very comfortable king bed. Glad we stayed here. I saw a crew of people cleaning carpets, slot machines, doors and hand rails every morning when I was up early (3 hour time change from Indiana really messed with me!) to find breakfast. Its a very old hotel but its clean.

Yes, its located on the north end of the strip but there is a bus stop right out front. Get a bus pass. 3 days for $20 unlimited rides. Problem solved. MGM is located on the south end. Same difference.

Another advantage is that there is not the volume of foot traffic like in the middle of the strip. Its just not crowded on the ends of the strip. So get on the bus and have it drop you off in the middle of the mayhem and then it will take you back to the calm end of the strip.

There is a rental car place in the lobby that we used. Very friendly employee.

There is also a Half Price Ticket counter inside too. We already had show tickets prior to arriving so we didnt need more so we didnt use this service.

They have a large parking garage with free parking.

If I had to complain about something it would be the people standing in the lobby by the front doors constantly asking you to come to their corner kiosk for *free* things. Of course you have to do the resort time share ordeal. Been there done that. No thanks!! They are VERY persistent. Its really annoying.

Although we went as a couple, there were many families there with kids. The circus acts were a huge hit and there were clowns walking around doing funny things. I personally would not take children to Vegas but if youre going to, this is the place to stay. There is also a McDonalds inside as well as one only a short walk outside.

No, Circus Circus can not compete with the fancy hotels but if you are looking for an extremely reasonably priced CLEAN hotel, stay in the West Tower.

Room Tip: West Tower. Recently remodeled.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chrissirhc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your three night stay at Circus Circus! Our attractions and location are very popular with our guests and it is wonderful to hear that you liked them as well. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

travelling to/from the hotel was somewhat of an inconvenience, being situated at the north end of the strip, it was a far walk to most of the attractions and other hotels/casinos on the strip. the circus acts with the arcade and the adventure dome(amusement park) were actually quite fun, i would relate the games to a carnival midway, and the acts themselves were smaller, almost like a traveling circus, but still worth seeing(its no cirque du soleil). dining in the hotel was of an average experience with the only complaint being the operating hours needing to be earlier and longer.
The real issues with the hotel occurred particularly with the service, and the rooms.
the staff appeared to be less than friendly and grumpy most of the time. the drink service also lacked other than being rude and slow. my room was located in the casino tower. the beds appeared to be made and the room seemed to be stocked, but it still seemed dirty, particularly the furniture and tv. the tv was not functioning(no it wasn't the remote) and neither was the kureg coffee maker which was improperly used and left uncleaned from the last guest. the shower and tub seemed clean, but when i started my shower, i realized the drain was clogged. after having my brief morning shower, i went to the window to see what it was like outside, and noticed the BIRD DROPPINGS ON THE FLOOR.
needless to say, i would highly recommend not staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Zack G,

Thank you for your honest review. The experiences you encountered certainly are not indicative of our strong commitment to exceptional service. We take guest feedback of this kind very seriously, and will investigate these issues further to prevent any reoccurrence. Should you wish to discuss the particulars of your visit in greater detail, please feel free to email us directly at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Hopefully, we can convince you to return to our hotel in the future, and provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was our first visit to Vegas. Vegas is THE place to Party but if one has kids along you should stay at the Circus circus hotel. It has lots of fun activities for children. it has a lovely indoor amusement park . a small shopping area and arcade. also there are many shows for kids too. all in all it was a pleasant stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear SPN15,

Thank you for allowing us to host your first visit to Las Vegas! At Circus Circus, we welcome guests of all ages and it is wonderful to see that your children enjoyed our exciting attractions! Thank you for your kind review and come visit us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the best hotel/casinos in vegas. Its great for the kids because of the shows, arcades, and amusement park. The hotels are fairly priced and clean. Of course it still has that vegas smell but what do you expect. Overall if your looking for a great time with the family this is the best place to be.

• Stayed January 2014
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear andybanuelos,

Whether you come here for our competitive prices, convenient location, or family oriented entertainment options, Circus Circus offers an incredible resort experience. Thank you for making us a part of your Las Vegas vacation.

Lori P.

Guest Relations Manager
guestrelations@circuscircus.com

Been to Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas? Share your experiences!