“disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Washington
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Budget doesn't mean filthy! The buffet was gross the staff threw food at each other stood around and play snap the towel and just goof off while we watched, there was a cook with a glove on that wiped her forehead sweat with the gloved hand and then kept on wiping the buffet table with a filthy rag and her gross gloved hands and touched door handles and everything else. Why bother wearing the gloves???? So gross! Checked into our rooms and the dust was so deep all over everything and gritty and a washcloth all dried and stiff laying on top of the safe for who knows how long, and as expected hairs all over the bathroom. The cocktail waitress never smile.

On the bright side the guys outside that get you a cab outta there were awesome, as where most of our drivers! Next time we spend a couple more bucks and leave this place OUT of our plans!

If you have kids take them to Disney Land NOT VEGAS the'll be better off at least don't make them stay here!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hello michelle E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. It is concerning to hear about your experience at Circus Buffet and we would like to speak with you further in regards to your helpful feedback. We are happy to see you had a wonderful experience with our Front Services staff and we cannot wait to share with them your kind compliments. If you could send us any additional details, including your preferred contact information to guestrelations@circuscircus.com we would greatly appreciate it. Again, thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kimberly M.
Guest Relations Specialist
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
guestrelations@circuscircus.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Olympia, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Make the slots pay out better. Offer better players club rewards. Don't show promotions that I am not eligible for because I signed up last year. Like free t-shirts, drinks, nights stay, etc. The location wasn't the best. I really enjoyed the excitement and energy of the circus circus. It was a very low key easy environment. I have stayed at hotels further up the strip that were very stuffy and sterile feeling. The Circus Circus is more of an environment that I enjoy. I liked the games, etc. I would have loved to go to the Fright Dome but the rest of my party was unwilling.

edison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

HI I have been trying to book a 2 night vacation at Circus Circus in January 2014 for my wife and me, 7 year old child and 1 year old twins. The issue that keeps coming up is due to fire code, they cannot get two cribs in any 1 room or any ajoining room! It seems the only connecting rooms have queens size beds and so the two beds plus a crib are a violation of code. Please advise what to do? The large suites mentioned are much more expensive than any two room rate. I only have 3 kids and 2 adults. Has the hotel no accomodations for our family trip!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I love circus circus hotel and casino they have entertainment for all age groups...rooms are except able and affordable..highly recommended if you travel with kids and want a decent place for them to be...

Room Tip: Keep up the good work
ROWLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I really don't know after ready reviews what peoples problems are with this hotel? Ok the location is at end of strip but walking distance to others hotels or bus stop right outside. Staff are so friendly rooms are clean, not the most modern but we don't spend much time in them . On check in we're given free continental voucher breakfast tokens which was very unexpected but nice, no kettle in room or fridge but knew this before hand. We Has hair dryer, iron and iron board. I stupidly never shut door correctly at night security were straight round ringing my bell. Concerned we were ok -bless them.
My door card wouldn't access my room one might, went to reception to infirm and wasn't happy they were full of apologies and gave us a free Buffett each. Very unexpected. Nothing was too much
Nice swimming pool lovely hot tub. Lovely to see a few kids having fun
Reasonably priced at hotel for all good, drinks, gift shops
Ignore negative comments go out there n enjoy would def go back great value

• Stayed October 2013
Spring Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Beds in the skytower are very comfortable. Bathrooms are roomy. I love the armour in the skytower rooms. Lots of things to do there. The Skytower is away from all the noise. I think the rooms need a microwave/fridge/coffee makers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
North Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am a 50 year old business man who traveled to Las Vegas for a weeks’ vacation with a friend. We were so happy to arrive in Vegas until we arrived at the hotel to check in. This hotel is absolutely disgusting, dirty & smelly right from the main lobby, the room and throughout the casino. The first room that they gave us was in a building a few hundred yards from the main hotel and casino. The room stunk badly from cigarettes and other things I can only imagine, the ceiling was stained, the bathroom was filthy and the security door to the building was broken. I immediately advised the management and was offered “to send housekeeping in to clean again”. I told the hotel clerk, who it turned out was a manager that housekeeping couldn’t possibly clean that room, it was that disgusting. We were then offered an “upgrade” to the main hotel which was an additional charge. I gave the manager my debit card and paid for the upgrade. The room appeared better but it was by no means “clean”.
After the first & second nights I woke up with severe itchy rash all over that took 5 days after vacating to clear up. The third night we came back from seeing a show around 1:00 AM to find we were locked out of our room. We then went to the front desk and were advised that they locked us out of the room because “you owe us money as you upgraded and didn’t pay for it.” I advised the clerk that the manager had upgraded the room and charged the fee to my debit card. The staff person advised me that they only charged my card the hotel fee (which all hotels charge) and I was not charged for the upgrade and until I pay for the upgrade we cannot access our room. I advised the clerk that I had a receipt in my room and I could check my bank account online if I can be allowed access to the room to check my account. The clerk refused and asked who upgraded the room for us and I pointed to the manager whose name was Andreas.
Andreas then showed me some papers from the hotel’s computer which showed charges to my account of $16.80 and $77.98 which he advised me were the hotel fees not the upgrade fee. I advised Andreas that I would need to check my bank account to see what fees were charged to my account but I needed to access our room. The clerk then advised Andreas that “we have his credit card information on file”, in other words don’t continue this discussion we can just charge his account. After approximately 45 minutes Andreas stated that he would allow us access to the room and we could straighten the dispute out in the morning. We were then given new cards to access the room. When we got back to the room we found that the room was still locked. We went back down to the main lobby and waited another 25 minutes or so to speak to Andreas after speaking to two other clerks who were no help. We were then advised that they changed the codes and gave us another new card to access the room. At that point I had no intension of staying in that hotel any longer.
I advised Andreas that I was extremely upset as, if in fact they didn’t charge us for the upgrade, that would be their fault and I shouldn’t have been treated like a criminal and locked out of the room at 1:00 AM. I then stated we would be vacating the hotel once we are allowed access to the room to gather our belongings. When we went up to the room we were met at the door of the room by a security guard who advised that he was there to be sure we could access the room. The security guard asked if we were vacating and when I told him yes we were, he stated that he needed to stay there until we left the room.
We then went back down to the lobby and again waited for Andreas. I advised Andreas that I would not authorize any additional charges to my debit card, however, as his clerk pointed out, they could still charge my card as they had it on file and there would be nothing I could do about it.
It was now after 2:00 AM when we vacated the hotel and had to locate a new hotel room which took another few hours. When I checked my bank account the next day I found that we did pay the upgrade fee ($77.98) but apparently were not charged the hotel fee for the entire seven nights which is $16.80 only charged one time. I received no refund at all and haven’t seen any additional charges.
I do not blame Andreas for all of this as he was being a gentleman the entire time, was attempting to rectify the situation and offered a free room next time we were in Vegas (I wouldn’t even consider ever staying there again even for free). The other hotel clerks were extremely rude and degrading.
My advice to anyone that is considering staying at Circus Circus is, don’t even consider it, there are over 100 hotels in Vegas and any one of them would be better than Circus Circus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas? Share your experiences!