I had heard from many people that this was "the place to stay" with kids in Vegas (I have 2 boys, 9 and 13 years old). Keep in mind that we aren't the typical Vegas traveler and basically just want a nice play to stay, the kids want a pool and maybe a few more "fun" things. We had made reservations in the Skyrise Tower- close to the Adventuredome, the "largest indoor theme park". After waiting 20+ min to check in, we made it up to the room. When we walked in and flipped the switch, only the entry light came on. There were NO other switches, we had to walk in to the dark room, find the lamps and manually turn them on. The website boasted that the Skyrise Tower rooms had recently been redone, the picture showed vibrant colored bedspreads, 3 pillows on each of the queen beds...a nice enough room with a flat screen tv.. But, in reality, there were no bedspreads on the beds, 2 pillows per bed (1 per person), no hand towels in the bathroom (we dried our hands with wash cloths) and an old tube television. We dealt with it the first 2 of our 4 night stay. When we asked the front desk about it on the 3rd day, they apologized and said they'd get more pillows and bedspreads up there right away. That evening, when we returned to our room, we found 2 more pillows had been tossed onto a bed BUT they never serviced our room! They came in with the pillows, but never picked up the used towels, made the beds or anything. And...no bedspreads.
Needless to say, we weren't very pleased to find our room like this at 10pm. Unable to reach the front desk, my husband spoke with housekeeping...they didn't know why our room was never serviced, but said they could clean it then if we wanted...at 10 pm, when we were ready to go to bed? I don't think so. He told them just to bring fresh towels, more pillows and our bedspreads (to which they said they weren't sure if our floor was supposed to have bedspreads...What?!)
So, the room was a let down.
We ate at many of their restaurants...the Garden Grill was so-so, we enjoyed Rock'n Rita's (very yummy BBQ sauce!), the Buffet was alright...McD's was as expected and Krispy Kreme is always awesome. The Pizzeria delivered to our room and it was hot and fresh and quite tasty.
The Adventuredome...the "largest indoor theme park" was an absolute joke. A big waste of 30 bucks. My boys didn't find many of the "rides" appealing, and what they found they wanted to do was at an additional cost. Big let down.
The arcade and midway...well, if you don't mind the smell of stale and stagnant smoke wafting up from the gambling floors, I guess it was okay. They enjoyed the arcade the most- air hockey was the most popular. There were Circus acts, too...1 ten minute act every 45 minutes or so. We only waited around for one or two of them.
The pool...3 of them, outside, closed for the season...
So, the free parking was a plus, some of the food was okay, and I did pull $100 out of one of the penny slot machines...so It wasn't entirely a bust.
But, I guess I just need to remember what my family likes. For future reference, I'll just find a place with nice rooms (with good beds, plenty of pillows and blankets!) and an INDOOR pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This iconic hotel on the Las Vegas Strip is close to shopping, the Las Vegas Convention Center and downtown Las Vegas. The newly renovated tower rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, wireless internet, cable TV, hairdryers and in-room safes. Circus Circus features free world-class circus acts nightly, a carnival midway with over 200 games for all ages, and The Adventuredome indoor theme park with 25 rides and attractions including a double-loop rollercoaster. Guests also enjoy slots, table games, a Race and Sports Book and flair bartending at Vince Neil's Restaurant and Bar. Circus Circus has 8 dining outlets serving breakfast, lunch and dinner ranging from quick eats to casual and award-winning dining. Among the choices, the hotel has a buffet, a made-to-order pizzeria and highly acclaimed restaurant- The Steakhouse, voted Top Steakhouse in Las Vegas by Zagat. The Steakhouse is open for dinner nightly serving mesquite grilled steak, prime rib and seafood. Reservations are strongly recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Vegas.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Circus Circus Hotel And Casino Las Vegas
- Circus Hotel Las Vegas
- Circus Las Vegas
- Circus Circus Las Vegas Nevada
- Las Vegas Hotel Circus
- Circus Casino
- Circus Circus Review
- Circus Circus Hotel Las Vegas