“nice room , unbelievably affordable” 3 of 5 stars

Rooms Starting at $21!
Ranked #107 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grants Pass, Oregon
“nice room , unbelievably affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I had reserved a single night stay at Circus Circus. We were amazed the room was only $25, so a little nervous about the quality we would recieve. When we arrived, they tried to put us in a room with two double beds, although we had reserved the king. We told them this was our honeymoon trip, and no way did we want to sleep ten feet away from each other. We were congratulated and put in a king suite (yay!) king suite for $24 and NO hidden resort fees, taxes, etc. What a deal, the room was comfortable and clean. However, kind of cheesy with the cheap soaps, thin towels and plastic cups/ice bucket, but you can hardly get two cocktails in vegas for the price, so not complaining.
The casino and Rock & Ritas was a different story...it felt like the twilight zone. Staff was older, grumpy, slow and unnattentive. Oh well, we took our cheap room and spent our time elsewhere.
SO sad the adventuredome was closed this week! That's the whole reason we stayed....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a budget hotel compared to the rest of the hotels that I went to. I was charged an extra $10 for early check-in. The reception cues are long so be warned. I got this hotel as a bargain on another website. I was put up in the Manor Motor Lodge section which is across the road from the main hotel. I have never seen such a breakfast spread in my life including cake and desserts as well as soda (cold drinks)

The room was a good size and clean. The bathroom was spacious with a save which was coin operated. The hotel has three pool one of which was a warm pool which was nice after a long day of walking the strip. The staff are efficient they changed me to a new room when I had a leak in the bathroom. The hourly circus was fun to watch. There are a lot of thing to do for both adults and kids.

There are too buses that run on the strip , the bus stop is about 5 minutes from the main entrance which is convenient. If you are looking to relax this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Logan, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stopped in Vegas on our way to Disneyland for a night- we figured since we had the kids with us, we'd stay somewhere kid friendly. Circus circus seemed to have OK reviews, and was a good price. We are 2-3 star hotel type of people, so we weren't expecting much. The website mentioned remodeled rooms, so we figured we'd give it a try...
BIG MISTAKE!!!!
The remodeled rooms may be lovely, but our room looked like it hadn't been touched in years. There was mold growing all over the sink faucet in the bathroom, the smoke detector was hanging from the wall, and there were 4 bags of garbage in the hall outside our room (don't know who's) from 4pm til we checked out the next morning. I didn't dare let my baby crawl on the floor because our other kids socks were black due to how dirty the carpet was. The only temperature the air conditioner blew was frigid, and it didn't shut off...ever. We were up all night turning it on when it got too hot, and then up again to turn it off when it got too cold.
Overall a terrible experience, we will NEVER go back there.

Room Tip: If you do stay in Circus Circus, be sure to demand one of the remodeled rooms- if you can't get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My party of 3 stayed here from November 5-9 2012 and were pleasantly surprised. Since this was my first trip to Vegas I was choosing accommodation by research. I heard a lot of negative feedback on this hotel but booked an Allegiant package out of Bellingham WA anyway. Glad I did. Rooms were clean and well maintained. No evidence of bed bugs which was a very big concern of mine. I liked that the slot machine areas were clearly defined so you could walk straight through to the exit with your kids, unlike the other hotels where we walked around in circles until we found another sign pointing to the lobby or exit. It was not noisy in the hallways or in the rooms. Cleaning and maintenance staff were very nice.
The circus acts were very good and kept the kids entertained. The pool was excellent and a plus for me was the lifeguard on duty. They kept a close eye on the kids for you. The buffet was not bad and it had a little of everything. More family orientated than the hotels further down the strip. We are not gamblers but enjoyed the shopping experience.
There were 2 negatives: The Adventure was closed for maintenance (no mention of this on the hotel's website)and this was one reason we chose this hotel and the people who were selling products sold along every mall walkway in North America. It is annoying to be constantly harassed about products you can find in anywhere.
Everyone in my party of 3 would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Circus Circus for your recent stay in Las Vegas. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you soon. If you have any questions or any other comments please contact me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A few friends and I decided to go to Vegas and booked a room at Circus Circus because the price was what we were looking for. We didn't plan on being the hotel to much primarily for crashing when we needed to. The room came as a surprise for the price. Large and clean. Location was so so a little walking but nothing we couldn't handle. The casino itself was ok a little outdated but fine for the gambling we did. The biggest benefit was The Peppermille was across the street. Great breakfast and late night drinks with an awesome back area. This is a hotel that I would stay at again for this exact kind of trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Whilst Circus Circus ranks in the basic hotel category, it is clean, accomodating and has some great deals.
I've stayed several times and have found the rooms are always clean, no broken fixtures, peeling paint, etc, comfortable, and come with free wi-fi. The casino is great for everyday visitors just wanting to have fun, the table staff are friendly and always willing to assist the novice gambler - I fit that category. Hotel has plenty of restaurants and bars, including a 24 hour bar for those who just don't want to go to bed. The only downside if you want to tour all of the casinos on the strip is that this is at the furthest end so be prepared for a gentle (20-30 minute) walk to the center, or take a ride on the monorail.
If you are looking for luxury accomodation this is not the place for you, but if you want clean comfortable surroundings, a friendly atmosphere and some of the best deals on the strip, then look no further.

Room Tip: I always pick a room in the Skyrise Tower, above the 5th floor. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was able to obtain a lower rate around $60 to 70 for a room at this large hotel by obtaining a package with air travel on Southwest.

The property is a large hotel with more than 3000 rooms. Entering the hotel from Las Vegas Boulevard necessitates walking through casinos. The hotel apparently caters to children. I saw several couples carrying infants and toddlers. Also I encountered groups of boys playing baseball and girls for cheerleading. This facility apparently has low group rates for youths.

Although the check-in time is 2 PM, I was able to check in when I arrived around 10:30 AM. I was on the 19th floor in the west tower. I had a large king-sized bed. There was an expansive view west of the Strip. I view to the east would show the many glitzy facilities on the Strip. There was a large safe deposit box in the room. However, it was too small for a large computer. I was provided soap, lotion, and shampoo-conditioner daily. The room was well-cleaned daily. There was a fitness room with several weight-training machines open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM.

I attended a conference at a much more expensive casino hotel where the discount rate for participants was $209 so I was absent most of the time.

The hotel was fine. The west tower was almost a block from Las Vegas Boulevard. The high-end casinos were several blocks south of this hotel. I readily walked the distance.

Room Tip: There are cheaper rooms for people with recreational vehicles in the manor. In the west tower I h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas? Share your experiences!