“It was perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raymond, Washington, United States
“It was perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was great, we had a mini suite. It was beautiful, spacious, clean and stylish. The property offered everything we needed. The variety of food and entertainment was great. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

we stayed for 4 nights at CC in October. Got a great deal with kids under 12 staying for free.
The hotel maybe a bit towards the end of the strip but it has everything for children and they have plenty to keep themselves busy. The adventuredome has all the rides where kids can enjoy all day for a day pass and keep going on the rides. There is a Mcdonalds in the hotel and most of the restaurants are nice and offer all kinds of food. The pool size is not that big.
Try to stay in the main Casino building as its easier to access. I would stay again if im travelling with children. The check in staff were very cordial and courteous. Internet speed was great

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Casino tower. However the west tower is not bad and all the rooms are renov...
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

So for years I have used this site to research hotels, well today I wanted to "give back" and tell my recent experience at Circus Circus.

First let me say I have never even considered this hotel due to the many horror stories people post. Well I am here to tell you I had a fantastic experience in a very nice room for a bargain price.

If you want the cliff notes, I'll just say look for discounts on circuscircus.com and book in the Casino Tower. If you're like me and want all the details, read on...

Booking
I booked directly on the Circus Circus website which was offering several different discounts. I checked them all and the one that gave me the best rate was the $5 off promotion. I stayed in the very newly totally remodeled Casino Tower (room #1404) on Tuesday & Wednesday. I paid $36 a night.

With tax and the mandatory resort fee of $8.95 per night the total bill came to right at $100 for both nights.

Note about these resort fees. I see lots of people griping about them. Obviously they are a total rip off but virtually all the strip hotels have them. It doesn't make it right, however Circus Circus clearly discloses it when booking.

Check in
I arrived at about 8pm and there was a very short line. I was waited on promptly by a very nice and courteous clerk. I felt very welcome to the property.

To the room
It was a fairly short walk from the front desk to the elevator. The walkway is lined on both sides with various vendors. The smell is what you'd expect, not too bad, but still smells like stale cigarette smoke. There were 3 elevators and I didn't have to wait over a minute anytime I used the them.

The Room
I held my breath as I opened the door, wishing for the best, expecting the worst. When it swung open I was very happy. Everything in the room looked new. And the room was huge (see pics) The room smelled neutral. Everything was tidy and clean. This was more of a $150 a night room, IMHO.

Check Out
I was attending a conference and needed to have my bags stored. I could have chosen late check out times for $5, $10 or $15 extra, but chose to have the Bell desk keep them. When I picked them up 6 hours later there was no charge, but I tipped the bell hop $2.

Overall Experience
All over the web Circus Circus has the unfortunate reputation of being an old, run down, kid infested dive. While it is certainly not the Wynn, is older and shows its age, I found it to be about like most of the other older casinos.

I felt totally safe during my stay. Most of the patrons appeared to be normal, middle class people and a good amount of young couples.

I look forward to staying again at Circus Circus on my next trip to Vegas.

If you made it this far, you are like me and want all the details. I am happy to answer any of your questions in an unbiased fashion. Mail me at: tomrakers@gmail.com

Room Tip: Book the Casino Tower. These rooms were total remodeled very recently. Some of the other towers were...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just returned from our trip ti Vegas. We spent 6 days (5 nights).
Me and my hubby have nothing but good words to say about the hotel. We stayed in the West Tower, the room was spotless, very spacious, smell good, the bathroom was clean. We had the 7th floor and no good view off the window, but who needs a view when you don't spend much time in the room. There is soooo much to see and do at Circus Circus, that we did not have sufficient time to explore it. But we did enjoy the casinos, rides, the free shows and all the arcade games!
Circus Circus has fair minimums for the tables compared to other casinos we visited.
We liked the buffet it was very affordable $13.95 for lunch a great variety of food. We tried the Rita's Cafe, but my personal food selection wasn't that great.
As for location is a bit far from the strip, but it is a nice walk, gives you the opportunity to take picture, see all the hotels, makes you feel the energy. We also used the bus, the 24h pass seems the most reasonable, the buss stops right in front of the hotel.
We liked Circus Circus a lot and will return!

Room Tip: Choose the west tower rooms - ask about a room with a view Choose non smoking rooms, you have plent...
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After staying in a so-called 4 star hotel, we happily discovered Circus Circus had a great price for our last night. We were greeted very nicely, as we have two service dogs that can be a problem. The gentleman who checked us in, asked if we would prefer a handicapped room. Then told us he could give us a the last room that was closer and it was a handicap. All without an upgrade.

The room was very clean, and had lots of room for us and our dogs. The mattress was comfortable and the carpet looked new. The room also was not stuffy. The view was fantastic. My husband and I toured aournd the casino and the kids gaming area. Great prices, fun coupons.

Nex time our first look see when returning to Vegas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Circus Circus. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.
Thank you, kindly!
Please contact me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Why spend loads of money on one of the top hotels .Lets face it u only need somwere to sleep thats clean & cheap .u can save up to $ 60 a night we stay 10 nights each time in vegas .that $600 that more than covers the shows, trips out. yr just paying for the name .Circus Circus is as good as any hotel on the strip

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The room was nicely upgraded and the check-in staff was great. The lines can be long but the staff moves quickly. A great value for a new room. And The Steakhouse is the best place for a steak in Vegas. The ambiance was great, the smell of the grilling steaks and service was awesome. Highly recommend eating here. You can't beat it!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Casino Tower or West Tower. These are the most upgraded and really modern and comf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas? Share your experiences!