“Great if you're happy to be off strip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #79 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
litllemermaid
“Great if you're happy to be off strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

After staying in the MGM Grand for 4 nights we then stayed 1 night in The Candlewood Suites. I was pleasantly surprised. We had a room with lovely kitchen area and massive breakfast bar, there is everything you possibly need. This is great especially for those on a budget as you can stock the fridge up with food and drink from a local Walmart. We had a queen bed off from the breakfast bar and then another room with a queen bed. The beds were nice and comfortable. We enjoyed an afternoon by the pool and jacuzzi. We were the only 2 people by the pool and was lovely. It is about a fifteen to twenty minute walk from the strip but I'd you don't mind that then this place is perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. Comments made by you and others are important to our success. The value that the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas offers is the best in the area. Thanks for mentioning the pool and jacuzzi. It is a place where you can certainly relax. My team will be excited to hear that what they do does make a difference and does create a Great Hotel Guests Love!

Garry Dickover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Give me a hotel like the Candlewood Suites anyday over the hotels on the strip, that charge you $25 a day resort fee plus taxes and you cant park your own car and use a trolley for your own luggage without a valet or porter. Candlewood Suites have great rooms and the staff here were very helpful in letting us check in before lunch. That gave us the afternoon to enjoy the pool and Jacuzzi and generally relax. The room was nice and quiet and when you want to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the strip you are just 4 blocks (15 mins walking) away from it all, but for me it's being able to get away from it back to my Suite and relax in relative peace and quiet. As for value for money this takes some beating over nearby hotels. It's great having all cooking utensils and cutlery to be able to have a meal prepared in your suite. We had a two queen bed suite which meant my daughter had a separate bedroom and I did not disturb her watching TV in my room. First class hotel and great staff and excellent value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. The Candlewood Suites Las Vegas does offer great value. With your room having all of the cooking amenities of home, you can eat when you want and eat what you want. My team will be excited to hear that the job they do, does make a difference. Thank your for sharing, it helps our team continue to create a Great Hotel Guests Love!

Post Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hotel was very nice, clean and had plenty of space. I enjoyed having a kitchen! My only issue was that the hide-a-bed isn't at all comfortable, but this is true of every hide-a-bed on the planet! Not too far from the strip either!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about us on TripAdvisor. Comments made by our guests are important to our success. I will certainly share your cleanliness comment with our housekeeping team. They work hard to make sure that our rooms are ready to go for each and every guest.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Turned up at the front desk without a reservation and the lady at the desk was very helpful and gave us a good rate, in fact a similar rate to the Super8 down the road who wanted to charge us double the online rate for turning up at the desk without a reservation! The Candlewood rate for a queen suite was not far off their online rate and the same as the Super8 'turn up' rate so we went with it and were very impressed with the room, very spacious, large bathroom, excellent cooling from the A/C, a coffee maker with complimentary filter coffee, fridge with ice maker, great TV choice..... the list goes on. Only stayed one night in Sept 2013 but would definitely consider staying longer stays at a Candlewood in the future. Was a very clean room/hotel also with a good bed and pillows. Wifi worked well, good strong signal and was fast too! Front desk was very helpful (Tiffany I think?). The main Vegas strip is not far to be honest you could walk there in 20-30min, we took a cab to Bellagio which cost about $8-$10. Parking was ample and free. Overall very impressed with this hotel only downside was we had a 'stomper' staying on the room above so we could hear what could only be described as an elephant stomping around upstairs. Why don't people consider their neighbors when stomping around the room? I hope Candlewood continue this level of quality for very good value for money.

My reviews are always factual and un-biased to help other travellers understand what to expect in reality.

Room Tip: Queen suite was very large, King would be larger I would think but the Queen bed was as big as a Kin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. I am happy that your stay was comfortable and you found everything to your liking. I will certainly share your positive comments with our front desk team. They work hard to create a great experience for our guests.

Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

i loved how spacious and clean the room was and most of the equipments looked new. the hotel is located about 4-5 blocks from the strip and it took us around 15-20 min to walk. it's not ideal to walk from here to the strip during the summer months. but there were many restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will share them with our entire team as they all work to deliver a clean room at a great value. Comments made by you and others help us create a Great Hotel Guests Love.

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

After a very positive experience at a Candlewood in Houston earlier this month, I stayed a night in the Candlewood Suites in Las Vegas last week. I arrived early evening to be greeted by Kath. Kath was marvellous, she was friendly and helpful and explained all the features of the hotel and found me a quiet one bedroom suite as requested and she also recognised my Platinum status with IHG hotels. The suite was spacious, clean and felt like it could have been a 4 star hotel room. I love the kitchen, so you can prepare food in your room, store your food in the big fridge freezer and if you’ve got plenty of dirty dishes, get them cleaned in the dishwasher. The room was a non smoking room, but someone had been smoking cigars in there, the stink was quite strong; but I just wanted a room to crash in, so didn’t make an issue of it. Pricewise, I paid $75 + tax, compared to $300 plus I would have had to pay on the strip for this Friday night stay. The location was good and a two minute drive from the strip. All in all, a five star stay. Apart from a less than pleasant agent at the front desk on departure, the positives outweigh any negatives I encountered. Candlewood Suites Las Vegas... I’ll be back !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor. I will certainly share your positive comments with the team. I will also address the other comments that you mentioned. Our team works hard everyday and if we miss a beat, we do take them seriously and focus our attention to improve them.

I am glad our friends in Houston took good care of you. I will share your comments with them. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again.

imperial
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

check in was good the problem was the check out. I wanted to book another night on my way back to vegas for the same price I paid for. the woman checking me out said I couldn't do that because I made my reservations on the internet. I explained that I did not, that I called the hotel directly gave her the number I called and she agreed that was indeed the hotels number. she then said that I didn't get the price of the room from them directly it was an internet price. I don't book hotel rooms from the internet. I like to talk to the hotel personnel directly. the woman was quite rude and accused me of not being honest. the person I made the reservation with at the hotel was very considerate and wanted me to stay at their hotel so she made it work since I stay their every time im in vegas. I explained to her that I was a senior citizen on a limited budget and a member of their hotel program. she gave me the book in advance price since I did book three weeks in advance.i was booking again in advance and the check out woman would not even try to work with me. when I told her I would have to look else where she said ok and good luck. so I will not be staying at the candlewood suites again since they do not care about their customers. its all about the all mighty dollar their and not about their travelers. so beware if staying at this hotel don't expect consideration especially if your a senior citizen on a budget or not. their are other hotels who are willing to work with you to make your stay enjoyable and not rip every dollar you have away from you just for a stay at their hotel. this hotel showed its true colors at check out. they just don't care because their is always another person walking into their net.

Room Tip: check the room out first. their are some issues. my bed was not set up right. every time I moved it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bonnie,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Our team works hard to take care of each and everyone of our guests. When we fail, it does cause me concern. I will address your comments with my team. Comments made by you and others are important to our success and they are always used to create a better place to stay. Comments made by our guests are the best way we can continue to create a Great Hotel Guests Love. Please contact me directly at garry.dickover@ihg.com and I will be happy to assist you with future reservations.

Garry Dickover

Been to Candlewood Suites Las Vegas? Share your experiences!