“Good... but not great.” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Good... but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Caesars Palace from 6/27/06 to 7/2/06 and the experienced was mixed. First of all, let me state that the experience overall was satisfactory. It was far from perfect however. Allow me to list the positives and negatives.

Positives:
(1) Location: The location of Caesars Palace (henceforth referred to as "CP") is excellent. In the middle of Las Vegas Blvd (aka "The Strip") you are within walking distance to most of the major attractions and resorts on the Strip. In terms of Strip resorts, CP probably has one of the best locations (along with the Mirage, Venetian, Bellagio and Paris Las Vegas). Centrally located and in the center of all the action/activities.

(2) Staff: The staff of CP was professional, diligent, competent and eager to serve. They really took care of our needs with a courteous and friendly attitude. The staff at CP is top notch! I can't say enough good things about them. I would also like to note that while there were issues with our room (see Negatives), the maid made sure our room was clean and tidy every day.

(3) Forum Shops: The Forum Shops at CP are excellent with stores and restaurants that can fit every price range. Just walking through the shops is an experience in itself. I highly recommend checking out CP's Forum Shops, even if you aren't staying at the actual resort.

Negatives:
(1) Room Issues: Our room was located over one of the nightclubs (Shadow Lounge) so at night, we could feel the bass beats and hear the music through the floor. We had to turn on the television to a music station so it would block out the club noise. Also, our toilet tended to make noises at night which also added to the 'negatives' of the room. It seemed that it was 'always running.'

(2) Casino: I am a regular visitor to Las Vegas and I do engage in gambling. I do not like the casino at CP. There seems to be a shortage of table games and what they do have is, in my opinion, overpriced. Even on a Sunday morning or Thursday early-afternoon, the tablegames (especially blackjack and craps) were too expensive. This is subjective and just my opinion. The minimum price I found for the average tablegame was $25. The 'old' casino area (with the majority of the craps, roulette and tablegames) tended to be very crowded.

(3) Basic Services Charged: If you want to use the gym... you pay for it. If you want to send an email... you pay for it. My wife and I wanted to log-on to our airline to print our boarding passes and it the fee was $5 for 5 minutes in the business center. I would like to think that certain services would be inclusive.

Note: If there is a long line for a taxi, you may get offered by a CP-Staffer to an immediate 'anywhere in Vegas' ride for $35. Don't take it. From CP to McCarran Airport, Freemont Street or Downtown is less than $20.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,856)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
L.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

We stayed in a Forum Tower room during the extended Fourth of July weekend. These rooms have not been updated in awhile and looked somewhat worn. The first room we got was directly over the lounge "Shadows" and we could hear the music (especially the bass) in our room. Also, there was no door separating the room and the bathroom (the tub/shower was practically in the middle of the room) which allowed for little privacy. After we complained, the front desk switched us to a room two floors up in the same tower. This room was better in that we could no longer hear "Shadows" and there was a wall separating the bathroom. However, the toilet in the room kept "bubbling" and made "gurgling" noises in the middle of the night. While not in use, some water would randomly splash out as well onto the toilet seat and floor.

My spa experience was mediocre. I was not given a tour of the facilities and the changing area was really crowded. I did not think the massage was worth $135 and felt compelled to tip more than I wanted to because my therapist waited for me to tally the total charged to my card.

The fitness area was nice as well as the pool area. However, one of the waitresses by the pool was really pushy and kept trying to convince me (several times) to order food when all I wanted was a drink.

Although convenient for its location and Forum shopping, Caesar's would not be a top choice for my next trip to Vegas, especially considering what you get for the money (dated rooms, average service, mediocre spa, etc.)

• Stayed July 2006
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

We stayed here for 5 nights from 29th April - 4th May 2006. We arrived about 8pm on a Saturday night and check in line was empty so that was quick and easy - although man who checked us in could not pronounce my name as much as he tried!! (its only Leonie!)

We pre booked and paid £520 for 5 nights so about $US 180 a night. This only got us in the old tower with a pull down bed so we paid an extra $US60 per night and got upgraded to the Palace Tower, which was well worth it.

The Room was huge, the bed - the most comfotable and huge bed ever - i never wanted to leave it!. The batheoom massive with jacuzzi, seperate shower and seperate toilet. The view was of a carpark though...

The highlight was the pool area, absolutely awesome. We had the buffet breakfast one morning which was great with omelette bar. The Forum shops were great and Cheesecake Factory restuarant was great.
Vegas overall was so much fun, staying at CP was well worth it, although expensive. The area CP is located was the nicest on the strip with Bellagio and Paris nearby.

We also did Helicopter ride with Papillon who were excellent. Saw "O" and nearly fell asleep! Hope to get back and stay at Ceasers again one day.. my mum had stayed there in the 1960's so its become a family tradition now!

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We stayed at the Caesars Palace on June 29 - July 2, 2006. After reading the other reviews, I was very excited about what was to come. As the reviews noted - if you're looking for an upgrade, check in at the airport and discreetly slip the agent $20 and they'll upgrade your room. I booked this trip through travelocity and we paid for the most "standard" room offered. When we arrived we were upgraded to the palace tower, which was beautifully decorated and a plasma tv.

We decided to take advantage of the spa, which i recommend to only do if you are in desperate need of a massage. Its really not worth the $135 per person ( 50 minutes). The food and drinks were great and the pool was really nice. If you like to shop, make sure you check out the forum- lots of designer. Overall we had an amazing time and would stay at the Caesars again.

FYI: Do not get swindled by the cab drivers. Please request that they take the Swenson Ave. route from the airport to the hotel- averaging $13.00. If they take the tunnel, the ride will cost you $25.00. We learned the hard way! Also, If you have a few more inches to spare in your suitcase, you may want to consider packing bottled water as the water will run you $4.00 at the hotel.

Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

Just got back from a stay at Caesars. Arrived on Monday the 26th and got an upgrade to the Palace Tower. Awesome room! Great bed, Plasma TV, Jacuzzi, plenty of room. The 15th floor was eerily quiet the whole 4 days we were there. Rarely came across anyone at all. The staff was great and helpful. The pool was great. Valentina at the pool was the bomb! All in all, the stay was great! Definitely will be back to Caesars Palace!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

Having been to Vegas 7+ times I feel at ease giving Caesars an excellent rating. We stayed in the Augustus Tower June 12-15, the tower had only been open 7 months. This was the best room I have had on any trip--including international!! Plasma TV's in the bedroom, the bathroom--I could hardly get my husband out of the room. My aunt was staying at the Wynn and our room was 10 times better than the Wynn.
Pool area was clean, not over-crowded and easily accessible.
Food--The Stage Deli is a must--WONDERFUL!!
I had read a review that the gambling wasn't great but I found it to be okay--don't get me wrong, we didn't win a jackpot, but we held our own.
I highly recommend this property!!

Corona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

Stayed at Ceasar's Palace June 23-25. We were a bachelorette party of 8 girls. I booked two premier palace tower room at a great price in January. I drove in from LA area and had to pick someone up at the airport so while I was there I checked in. There were only 3 people in line and it went very quickly. One room was ready on the 9th floor but the other on the 10th floor was not. I commented with a smile that I only need one room now as I need to decorate and set-up for a "bachelorette weekend". She then told me she had another room that was not "non-smoking" but it was on the 26th floor and wouldn't be ready until 4 or 5 but it was a better room if I wouldn't mind waiting. I happily took the room. When we got to the hotel I valeted my car and a bellman promptly brought my SEVEN bags of "party supplies" up to my room and then came back two hours later to move it to the other room. Same bellman, smiling and friendly the whole time and even gave us some short cuts to get from one room to the other. I did make a second run at 10pm to the airport to pick up my bacherlorette. When we got to the hotel valet was full. I pulled up and nicely asked if I could still leave my car I was already checked in. The valet gentleman paused for one second and then said with a smile that he would take my car, he hailed a bellman who again took our bags quickly to our rooms. Quick, efficient and friendly all the way.

The rooms were beautiful and the bathrooms glamorous. The beds were very comfortable especially with the down comforters and pillows. The petite suite was awesome as it had two bathrooms that were joined by a double shower. Great for 4 girls to get ready in to hit the town. On Saturday, we had a cabana reserved at the Neptune pool and were told we were lucky that we hadn't been bumped by the casino as a lot of other groups had. I don't know why we were so lucky but I booked early so maybe that helped. The cabana was perfect. The misters kept us comfortable even though it was at least 114 degrees that day and our cabana host, Laurie, was incredible. She was very friendly and kept us stalked with cold water, sodas, fresh fruit, chips and pretzels, ice, cups and towels that were all included. When she brought the bill it was for $325 and I told her that I was quoted $275, she said that they had just raised the prices but if that is what I was quoted then that's what I would pay so she promptly fixed the bill. The drink and food service around the pool was very quick and friendly.

Everyone we met during our stay was helpful, friendly and professional. Except for the a limo tour of Vegas and visit to see the chippendales which was magnificient (we never made it to the club, bumme,r but oh well) we never left the hotel. It was a dream weekend everything went above and beyond our expectations and we can't wait to do it again just for fun at Ceasar's of course.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!