“The best hotel on the strip for location,shopping, pool, poker and fun.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caesars Palace

Hotel deals
Ranked #54 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Canada
“The best hotel on the strip for location,shopping, pool, poker and fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Caesars is the definition of Vegas glitz and glam! The location is central on thr strip and we love walking from one end to the other. The shopping in the hotel is great. and the Fashion Show Mall is a short walk away. The pool is beautiful and the drinks are great. Casino is huge and fun fun fun. The rooms are clean and more than adequate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

7,825 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,701)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Lorenzo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 days In a beautiful suite! The jacuzzi tub was awesome as was the shower with two entrances and six shower heads! The decor was modern and clean with a great view if the pool area. Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill was the best meal of the trip! On the down side....check in line was about 2 hours long, but we had VIP access so we didn't have to wait....asked for non smoking, room hinted of smoke and staff was great at solving the problem with an air purifying treatment while we are out...the bar service at the pool was bad- the drinks were outrageously priced and the server was beyond rude (and was expecting a tip!)...this hotel is expensive to stay, eat, drink, and play. Be sure you venture to other parts of Vegas for a rest on the wallet. But I do love staying here...the rooms are awesome in the new tower!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Spanaway, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband had a business conference from 12-10- to 12-15 that was paid for by his company, so I decided to come along with him. The reservations were for the very basic of rooms in the Roman Tower so upon check in I inquired if there was any upgrade available and there was for another $69 per night and we would be put in the Palace Tower where the conference was being held. We decided to upgrade and accepted this additional price per night and covered it ourselves. Our room was spacious and clean but overlooked the roofs of the casino and a little peek at Las Vegas Blvd. Oh well, you can't have everything. There was a little fridge but was stocked full of bar items and I was reluctant to touch anything because you are automatically charged if things are moved around. So, the use of the fridge was out. There was also a little Keurig coffee machine in the room but the charge for 4 pods was $12.00...so no, I sent my husband out to get me a cup of coffee in the morning. If I had known about the Keurig machine I would have brought my own pods from home but again, Oh well. I just felt that on this trip, I was nickeled and dimed to death. The casino was tight but I had a couple of wins that softened the blow somewhat. The shopping was super expensive in the forum shops but I had a good time looking. The last insult was getting in line and waiting for buffet on the last night we were there only to get to the cashier and realizing that for two the price was $105.92. I have dietary issues and am only able to eat certain foods so there are only about 6-7 items I can eat at buffet wheras my husband can eat anything. I was shocked by the price for buffet food when we had had lovely dinners at other dining facilities where kind and attentive waiters provided us. I was shocked and announced that I didn't think I would ever eat $105 worth of food, so we opted to leave and went over to the restaurant/bar right in the lobby/check in of Caesars Palace and had the most wonderful meal! That meal was the best of the whole trip, the waiter took pains to ensure that the food adhered to gluten free and the whole wonderous meals for the two of us was $65.00 and I felt good at tipping very heavily to our waiter and still not coming up to $105.92!!
My husband and I routinely go to Las Vegas/Reno/Tahoe for our adult get away vacations because everything is "there" to provide entertainment.....we routinely receive all kinds of offers from Harrahs for free rooms (up to 4-5 nights per visit), incentives, etc but with this trip these incentives were null/void because it was a business conference and our total rewards wouldn't cover any upgrades, so this trip as an add on along with my husband turned into an expensive venture! Never again. In fact, sadly my husband and I decided that there are numerous casino resorts in the Pacific Northwest area that we are going to visit when we want to get away. It will be a short drive and they also send us incentives such as free nights and free money to play.
This review is sounding so negative and I don't mean it to be. Caesars Palace is a WONDERFUL place to stay and I've had some good experiences there, it's just that this last time wasn't so great and seemed like we spent more money than before!

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the fountain and NOT the roof of the casino.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Firstly, you don't go to Vegas unless you're prepared to spend some cash. It's not the sort of place I can imagine anyone doing on a budget. As first-timers, we went with the purpose of having a great time, indulging ourselves a bit, having some fun with a touch of gambling and shopping. Within these parameters, it was a great experience (although I doubt we'll go back there again) and four days for us was more than enough. Caesar's was lovely. It's a feast for the eyes. We stayed in an Octavius Deluxe Room which was gorgeous. Lots of room, fabulous bathroom and lovely comfortable bed. The Forum is fabulous for shopping and a gorgeous space (also try the Fashion Show Mall a few blocks away). Our room was beautiful (be careful with the mini-bar & in-room coffee charges). Be careful also with free wifi hotspots - we heard of someone having an account hacked because they were careless with connecting to an unsecured network. The hotel can be a bit impersonal because it's so big, but don't let that put you off. Dive in and enjoy everything on offer including the day spa etc. We didn't eat in the hotel much because there's so much on offer elsewhere at the other casinos and hotels. Great resort style experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leavenworth, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been staying here for 20 years. The last couple of times going we stayed elsewhere because the rooms have gotten crazy expensive and they are not worth it. This time got a deal so tried again. I love the pool except hate the European Style pool which we used to love but not it's cost a lot of money to go in the music is so loud and they will not even let you bring in food that you may have gotten by the other pool. Staff are rude. Everything we enjoyed about the hotel is not being changed. Shadows bar used to be awesome and comfortable not it has plastic cafeteria style chairs and they are closing it we heard. The other shops we also enjoyed are gone. We stayed in the palace tower and the paint was chipping and various other rough scuffs on furniture. On the way to our rooms are they crazy sales people who haunt you I went the long way by the pool so they would leave me alone. On a positive note the restaurants are amazing and the bartendars in the sports book have been there 20+ years and are awesome. Going to probably stay at Aria where the beds are out of this world.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed at about every single hotel in Las Vegas, but this is by far my favorite. We stayed at one of the deluxe rooms and everything was fabulous! The view from the room was okay but the Augustus Towers views aren't as great as the other towers. The bathroom was almost my favorite part, it was clean and had a nice bathtub that doubled as a jacuzzi, it also had a TV in the bathroom. Recently, about a month ago, i stayed at the Bellagio wich was also very nice, but in my mind I kept thinking I wish I was at Caesars Palace! Overall I think that this is a great choice for any families, friends, couples, or on your own trips to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms and larger rooms are more comfy and clean, I feel that the staff treat you with far mor...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Portland,OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Pros:

1- Location, it's right in the middle of strip where the action is
2- Gorgeous swimming pools
3- Friendliest staff
4- Reasonable price for what you get
5- Starbucks in the lobby by the Augustus elevators
6- Gorgeous bathroom with marble floors

Cos:

1- Most places to eat are sit-down restaurants and spendy. There are only 3 little places which they have fast food like food.
2- No fan in the bathroom
3- $15 per laptop per 24 hours
4- We had lots of problems with the room key, they say the keys are very sensitive so don't get them close to your cell phone or credit cards ... we didn't but still the keys wouldn't work and we had to go to the counter several times. They ended up giving us $15 discount though.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in Octavius building with the view of the Bellagio fountains. When you check in j...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!