“Just Ok.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Just Ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Husband and I visited Las Vegas the week of Halloween 2012. He came for an IBM conference and I was able to tag along. Overall the hotel was very nice in appearance. We stayed in the new Octavius Tower. It was all very nice, the room was spacious, and clean. We had a small issue with only having feather pillows, we both have allergies, and the front desk was prompt at bringing us 2 extra foam pillows. The cleaning staff was friendly and always did a good job.
The only real complaint I have is the cost of it all. For me, coffee in the room should be included in all hotels. But here it's about $12 for 4 k-cups. Ridiculous. And the cost of any other food/drink was so over the top for the quality. Also to use the gym facilities we had to pay approx $50 per day per person. Really? I feel like that should be included in the nightly room fee. Maybe I'm just used to more inclusions.
The pool area was very large and there wasn't an extra fee to use it. In the morning hours it was pretty empty but got busy in the afternoon.
Overall it was ok, but we probably won't be back unless its another business trip and that's the hotel chosen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The worst experience ever. A bed and breakfast room in a third world country is better than theirs. The furniture looks like they've been stolen off someone on skid row. THE sheets have holes in them, THE carpets are dirty and the employees' attitude are way over the top. the only thing they seem to care about is the tip and they don't help at all. Please perplex go somewhere else

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I left a personal item in the room, not of huge value ($79), but important to me. The hotel kicked me around their process and eventually to their claims administrator. No one will accept liability for the missing item. I notified them immediately of the loss, yet the housekeepers, or whomever entered the room after I left found nothing. I should have known when I checked in (with difficulty) in spite of a confirmed reservation that they don't value you as a guest. They are all about policies. Will not go back to any of their properties and will work hard to ask my National Association to consider another venue. Let's see if the loss of future business was really worth the $79 item they've been unwilling to make good on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great 1st time stay at Caesar’s Palace. It was my 3rd time to Vegas – I previously stayed at the Monte Carlo and Sahara (in 1999 it was cheaper to stay there than a backpackers!).
I have actually inspected a lot of hotels and rooms in Las Vegas for work and was tossing up staying at the Bellagio or Caesar’s (which I hadn’t seen). Ended up choosing Caesar’s based on a great deal on the hotel’s website to stay 5 nights in the Palace Tower for $140 per night.

I asked if they had any complimentary upgrades when I checked in and was given a room in the Augustus Tower. Both room types appear to be the same on the website but the Augustus Tower is located closer to the Strip.

After reading the comments on TA about the weighted mini bar situation, I chatted with the clerk if there was an option for them to empty the mini bar so we could put our own drinks in there and she told me she would give me a complimentary fridge brought up to our room. Can’t say I used it much but great to have the option. Great service and a very quick and easy check in late at night.

The room was really spacious, nicely decorated and everything was in good condition. Huge separate bathroom had a gigantic spa bath with a TV. I expected a lot and Caesar’s certainly delivered. I really like that the room matched the website photos so you know exactly what you’re getting.

Although we avoided staying over a weekend (Sunday – Friday), the hotel was pretty busy with a conference. The Strip was busier than I expected in mid October too – lots of Aussies shopping and plenty of retired folks. Lines out the door for Denny’s everyday says it all!

We mainly ate outside the hotel – tried breakfast at the Central Cafe once and felt it was overpriced for the quality of food and pretty ordinary service. Really wanted to try the new buffet but the lines were very long– walked over to the Cosmopolitan and no queues for the Wicked Spoon buffet over there.

Had dinner at Joe’s in the Forum Shops on suggestion of a friend and the food was amazing. Obviously a really popular place with exceptional service and fantastic steaks. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

There’s only one downside to this hotel stay and it’s pretty hard to avoid in Vegas - after 5 days walking through the casino and inhaling second hand cigarette smoke, I was over it. Caesar’s must have a good ventilation system compared to some of the older more budget hotels but the smoke still lingers. Especially bad when walking past Casa Fuente Cigars in the Forum Shops – it stinks. The walkway and shopping area is supposed to be smoke free but clearly having a cigar bar there ruins this!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Caesars in general is a nice enough hotel, but like most places in Vegas, HUGE! We stayed in the Octavius Tower with a nice view of the pool. Exercise is a good thing, but it is a loooong walk to that tower from the lobby, Plus, it is strange how our hallway and our room had a slight smell of smokey bacon most of the time. It must travel through the vents from the buffet downstairs. Quite a few interesting noises travel through the vents as well, but what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and all that.... Our room was clean, except for the jet tub. The bath products don't smell very nice, which is why I didn't want to visit the hotel's spa, which has the same name. (Qua.) LIfe is too short to stay here again, but Caesars Palace is definitely one to cross off your list.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed two nights in a spacious, nice and clean room in the Palace Tower and enjoyed it. It was just a long walk to the free parking area. The location is great, you can easily walk to other interesting places.

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the Palace Tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a spur of the moment birthday vacation. At first I was a tad skeptical having stayed at trendy (Cosmopolitan) and elegant (Bellagio) counterparts, but I was more than pleased with my stay. Upon arrival I was a tad apprehensive due to my early arrival time (9-10am), as I had heard the possibility of having to wait for my room, but the front desk staff member was extremely helpful and accommodating to my situation, which I greatly appreciated.

Unsure if it was because of my birthday circumstances or simply my lucky day the room I was given was absolutely superb, in the Octavius tower, their newer addition. The room was clean, well decorated and spacious. A true delight on the eyes. As I got settled in our bags arrived in a decent time from a friendly gentleman.

While my stay was only two nights (12/10-12/12) I had a significant amount of time to check out many of the hotel's amenities, such as their newest buffet (set to be reviewed separately), their nightclub Pure, Forum Shops and casino area.

Regarding Pure I merely walked by it, but it definitely sounded pleasant and the people leaving seemed satisfied with their time inside - a definite stop for my next trip. The Forum Shops were breathtaking as usual, with a shop for any fashion taste, or so it seemed. Finally, the casino area was entertaining to walk around, but my primary goal in mentioning it is to give a shout out to their Poker Room, as someone merely picking up another person the staff was incredibly friendly.

Overall, I highly enjoyed my stay at the Palace and would definitely recommend it to my friends, my only complaints were around their buffet - Bacchanel, however, that critique deserves its own review. Definitely not a deterrent to the stay, although it would have been nice to have some type of perk added in.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!