“Wonderful hotel...if a good deal is available” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles
“Wonderful hotel...if a good deal is available”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed in many Las Vegas hotels before, but never in Caesars Palace, because I thought it's kind of "old". In September 2012, I attended a conference and stayed in Caesars Palace for a week. It was much better than my expectation.

I paid a conference special rate of $129/night, the lady at the registration searched hard for an available upgrade, and found me a room on the 41th floor in the Augustus tower, so I tipped her very well. The room is large, about 165 sq ft, with a jacuzzi tub. The view is awesome from here, directly looking down at the Bellagio fountain and the strip. The new Bacchanal Buffet Restaurant just opened a few days ago, the line was very very long, it took me 1.5 hours to get in, but it's worth the wait! (at least once)

The elevator was very available and fast, I never had to wait for more than 10 seconds before one is availalbe. I didn't go to the swimming pool, but it looked great. There are many new slot machines, but it's hard to get them to spit out winnings. I actually won $90 from an old, traditional 3-reel $1 slot machine.

The only problem was the previous guests smoked in this non-smoking room, it smelled ugly and I'm surprised the room service did not find out when they checked out. I called guest service, they placed an Ozone machine in my room twice, and replaced all the pillows. On the 3rd day the smell was completely gone.

I did not use the mini-bar because it's ridiculously expensive. The jacuzzi tub was fun, although it took 30 minutes to fill up the hugh tub, and the water had to be above a sensor dot, otherwise the pump won't turn on. Overall it's a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask the registration if an upgrade is available...and tip him/her well for the service, it's wor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My sister and I recently stayed in the Octavius Tower of Caesars and enjoyed every minute of our stay! Our room was beautiful and spacious, with high quality bedding and towels. We were on the 63rd floor and had a great view of the pool area, as well as a partial view of the mountains and a partial view of the Strip. The pool area is absolutely beautiful with multiple pools to choose from and a swim-up blackjack table, if you just can't stay away from the gambling. We enjoyed a couple of great meals at the Payard Bistro and a luxurious trip to the spa, which was one of the highlights of our trip! We could not have been happier with our stay at Caesars and would highly recommend this hotel. Their customer service is top-notch and one of the best I've ever experienced at a hotel!

Room Tip: Octavius Tower - higher floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here while visiting Las Vegas for the MINExpo. It was an awesome experience. Fantastic room, great bathroom, really great service, such a choice of places to eat for any budget and had a lot of fun! Staff very friendly and efficient. Only complaint I would have is that they could really make the internet free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fantastic location and a great property with lots of amenities but standards have slipped recently - aggressive attempts at gauging customers (bottled water at $8, wifi at $14.99 a day, etc) spoil it. Towels are worn and have holes in them! Long lines for the new buffet - which is great but not really worth a 30 minute line! Staff can be surly and even downright rude! Will go the Bellagio or the Wynn next time.....lets hope Caesars gets a competent management team sometime soon.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After my birthday plans to eat at Gordon Ramsay's were nixed by my travel mates, we found ourselves stuck without reservations for dinner on a Saturday night. I went to the concierges at Caesar's since we wanted to eat there and Angela helped us. She was great! So friendly and helpful and quite funny. It was remarkable to find such genuinely good service. She even refused a tip and seemed genuinely touched that I even offered. I hope Caesar's knows what a gem they have there. She steered us to a great restaurant and saved my birthday. Thanks so much!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I was there for 4 days in an Conference. I paid a special price (185) but the room view ar Forum tower (room 5929) was not nice as I would expected.
I got lost few times..
The pool is great, specially the one where you may find topless ladies..
I have only one complain.. When i checked in I was told that the internet for the event was free.. Since i uaef my iPhone and laptop i was charged for the second device.. Had to call the manager.. She was NOT FRIENDLY and offer me pay 1/2.. Really not fair.. After daying I would not pay and get a bit nervous she tool the charge out.. Fair enough.. But she was not frienfly..
I would not return if I had to pay instead of my company!

• Stayed October 2012
Center
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just got back from a week at Caesars. Have always wanted to stay there and now I have.

We had a "cheap" room in the Roman Tower and it was OK. The view wasn't much but at least we didn't overlook the HVAC. The climate control worked very well and the beds, linens, and pillows were very nice. And the room was quiet. The water pressure was the best I have ever seen! Of course the casino was beautifully appointed as you would expect.

I have 3 things on the negative side to mention. (1) The bathroom fixtures were old and rusted (but clean.) . (2) And the TV was old (not a flat screen). I realize you don't go to Vegas to watch TV, but you would have thought they would have flat screens in all rooms. (3). Too many telephones and not enough outlets for chargers.

We were told they were planning on remodeling that tower but hasn't happened yet.

There are many other hotels on the Strip that are just as nice and not nearly as expensive. Probably will choose one of those next trip.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a room in one of the other towers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!