“grandious” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Timisoara, Romania
“grandious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was an amazing hotel. Very sumptuous, luxurious and breathtaking. Most of the hotels in Las Vegas try to impress you and they succeed, but this was a really unique experience. It actually resembles Rome, the columns, statues, deities .... Amazing , spacious and clean room with a great view. Also had the pool included ( and the pool was an experience in itself. You feel like you are at a fountain in Rome, but where you can also bathe. great!). Loved the hotel and the experience !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Visit started well enough... got upgraded to a junior suite which was fantastic. Large room with extra closet space, two bathrooms, his/her showers, private jacuzzi, and a BIDET. Unfortunately, jacuzzi didn't work... bummer. There were a few nicks in the baseboards that a little white paint would fix in a jiffy. Hallway also had some rips in the carpet. I found that a little disappointing considering status of the hotel in general. Cable channel selection could use an upgrade... can't believe there's no Golf Channel. And $12 for in-room coffee... c'mon! Overall, I'd stay here again though because of all the amenities in and around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I had planned to stay 4 nights but left after one night. I booked the Octavious Tower weeks in advance directly from the resort web page.

Pros

- there is a separate check in for the Octavious Tower which does save time
- staff was cool but efficient
- rooms are very nice, beds are amazing
- everything is new and the housekeeping is excellent

Cons

- it is a very long walk to even get to the elevator
- half the rooms look out onto a busy highway
- rooms can be a further long walk from the elevator

My personal experience was an early check in and seemed to get the worst view. Low floor, furthest from the elevator and highway view. Multiple rooms checked in after me and at least got pool views.

Polite checks with registration got no where... though others I saw who got angry got better service. I was told to be an "early riser" and check the next morning before 8 am. I did and got even poorer service...not exactly rude but very cold, impersonal service.

NOTE: if you are not happy simply go for a nice early walk and check with other hotels as I did. Within 30 minutes I had a suite at a comparable 4 plus star hotel plus upgrade. Checked out of Caesers and the only person who cared oddly enough was the valet...he said he was sad to see me go.

• Stayed May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My mother and I spent 4-nights in the Palace Tower. The room definitely was not what I expected and did not resemble the picture of the room I saw when I booked it. It was dirty, there were sunflower seed hulls on the carpet so it was obviously not vacuumed. The shower leaked and water went all into the floor. For as much as I paid, I expected to at least get a shower cap, but did not. I could strongly smell cigarette smoke seeping into my non-smoking room. The ironing board was bent in half and would not even stand on its own. The mattresses didn't have fitted sheets which I have come not to expect in hotels, but the sheet they used on the mattress was not big enough to cover it and my feet touched the dirty mattress and the ratty "mattress pad" all night. Every time I called to ask for towels, I had to wait half an hour to get them. The pillows were feather and I was constantly being poked and scratched by feathers coming through the pillowcase. Wifi costs $15 per day so I was unable to use the internet.

The TV was much too small and the sound quality of a pay-per-view movie was so horrible we did not even get to watch a movie we purchased. I called the front desk and complained that I could not hear my movie and a staff member assured me an engineer would come check my TV, but they never came. I called back and was assured that I would not get charged for the movie.

Even though I enjoyed my trip to Vegas, I was seriously unimpressed with my stay at Caeser's. Upon checkout, we did not have any additional charges, but when I viewed my bank statement recently, I saw they charged me $56 from my $200 safety deposit. Those charges were for the movie I was supposed to be refunded, 7 local calls @ $1.50 each (which I know I should have checked, but I guess I expected local calls to be free) and here is the kicker, I was charged $25 for MOVING, not eating or damaging, refrigerator drinks and snacks. I called the hotel to complain and they said I needed to know the full name of the employee who offered to refund me for the movie (which is an impossibility at this point) and they would not even give at all on the refrigerator issue ( I seriously did not know moving items resulted in a charge, there was no signage of such).

All in all, I was terribly disappointed and will never stay in this hotel again or refer this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you expect a good room, go next door to the Bellagio.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went to Caesars for a week and got married there on 16th may 2012. The hotel is huge and fantastic, and having the forum shops attached is a massive convenience. The forum is probably the best shopping mall on the strip. The hotel is spotless and staff very polite. I never saw a queue at check in. The rooms are spectacular, we stayed in the Augustus Tower which over looks the strip and the bell ago fountains definitely worth asking for this!! We got married in the Venus garden (it was hot) but worth it as it was gorgeous and photos are fab. Everyone from the coordinator to the photographer were brilliant. If you have any reservations about planning a wedding online hopefully this will put you at ease, everything was as I had asked and everyone involved was fantastic. Absolutely loved this hotel and holiday and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The Augustus tower is the newest building at Caesars palace it looks over the strip and the belllagi...
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have stayed for 4 nights in Caesars Palace and we loved it.
The room (Augustus Tower) was excellent: large, with a terrific bed and one of the best hotel bathrooms I have seen and with a wonderful view to the pool.
The hotel location is excellent and the room was quiet in spite of the huge number of guests in the hotel.
Everything worked perfectly: the reception desk, the bell service and the concierge services (they were able to quickly get tickets for all shows we wanted to see).
I would certainly return there.

Elkridge, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Located on the strip closer to all places.We stayed in Roman towers. This is an old building and rooms are attached to each other, you can hear noise from next door. One night it was horrible,we could hear lot of noise, music from our next door and we couldn't sleep at all. We called the front desk and they send the security later the noise was stopped. The rooms not that great,there is no door for bathroom. I found this weird. I would recommend this hotel because of location,good food(expensive) and wonderful service.The Valet service so good. During the weekends and holidays they insist to park in Colosseum Valet which is behind the hotel but it has access to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not attached to each other
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!