“This place is scary...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Roseville, Ca
“This place is scary...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel earlier this month. Let me preface this review... I am not a pickey hotel person, but this place is strange. Let start out with the positives....The hotel itself and the amenities are great; it's been refurbished and looks really nice. There is a casino, a buffet, and several restaurants. THE DOWNSIDE... I saw the most sketchy people I've ever seen in my life in one place- EVERYWHERE. I don't think I once saw a tourist. I didn't see one tourist at the hotel, at the restaurants, at the casino, at the buffet- NO WHERE. I was so uncomfortable staying at the hotel, I couldn't wait to leave. I will never EVER stay here again. It was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. Secondly, it is obvious this place did not upgrade their air systems. If you have any type of breathing or eyes issues, DO NOT STAY HERE. The air inside was probably the worst I've ever smelled. It was disgusting.
So, let's recap.... the hotel itself is really nice. The place stinks and the people roaming around were REALLY sketchy. Stay here at your own risk.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my 4th stay at Boulder Station and once again I was not disappointed. I stayed for 3 nights, and didn't PAY A DIME!!! GET THEIR REWARDS CARD....YOU WILL BE GREATLY REWARDED!!!!! I also was given 2 free buffets at the casino, and was very impressed. All of the food tasted fresh, and their bread pudding (with vanilla sauce) was to die for!! The staff is very friendly, and goes out of their way to make sure you're happy. I met 3 employees that have been there for 18 years...which speaks VOLUMES about the casino. Alvaro at the bell desk has a great smile, and was very personable!!! You can spend $125.00 + for a room down on "the strip" but seriously....how much time do you spend in your room??? Also, I play the slots...and Boulder Station has a great selection and they pay out!!

Room Tip: The hotel is off of the strip, so no need to worry about "street noise".
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I stayed here 8-6-2012, and glad we did. Great rate, but beware of the resort fee upon checkout, $12.95 per day. We didn't mind paying the fee, it covered Internet, small gym, and daily paper and pool. We ate at the Italian restaurant and the coffee shop and both were excellent with quite a variety. Movie theatre and kids fun zone so parents can have a break to enjoy the casino. If you're looking for clean, newly remodeled rooms, this is your place. Off the beaten path, but worth the drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Check-in took forever because there was only one person on the desk, but she was very friendly once we got to her. Note to first-timers - the rooms are not near the check-in desk. This has always puzzled me. The rooms were recently redone, a good thing because the hotel was showing its age. It was very crowded when we were there due to several sports team tournaments. Stations does seem to attract them. Our room was very nicely done, although a little small. The decor is new, but it is also on the dark side. They should have picked lighter colors which I think would have also given the impression of a larger room. The room itself was very clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the a/c was great The shower head was fantastic, the towels not so much. Even though the hotel was very crowded, it was very quiet, which is always a good thing. We got a really good rate which made the $14 amenities fee easier to swallow. In our rate (AAA) we also got a free breakfast buffet Since we did not want to go out to eat, we ate dinner at the buffet and were pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality. The breakfast buffet was equally good, and their prices for the buffets are very reasonable. Even though they were very crowded both times, it really did not spoil the meals, and our servers, especially at breakfast were very attentive. Their pool is nothing to brag about - adequate, but the children seemed to like it. The casino, while very crowded, treated us well. It seems to be a familiar place for locals, which is a good sign that the machines are not so tight. All in all, it was a pleasant experience, but I would like a larger room if I were staying for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: We always ask .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The first thing that strikes you when you check in (apart from the wait, which is sometimes bad, but not always) is the noise - a constant rattle and beeping and general din from the huge casino area in front of reception. You almost have to shout to make yourself heard when checking in. We found the whole casino pretty depressing, with the noise, the smoke, the sight of so many lonely people staring at their screen, cigarette and drink in one hand. It's an image which will stay in my mind for a long time, I think.
Having said that, the room was probably the best we had during our 3-week stay in California/Nevada, and was certainly excellent value for money, even with the $14 per day "resort fee". We had a pleasant room on the 11th floor, facing north-west, looking out onto the car park down below, and the hills in the distance. Great sunset view. Room bright, very comfortable beds, and perfectly quiet and correctly-adjusted air conditioning.
Fitness room pretty small, big enough for maybe 3 people. It has 2 treadmills.
No breakfast included, there are a few places on the ground floor offering some breakfast, otherwise you have to take the car.
The hotel is quite isolated, as others have noted. I wouldn't choose this place if you don't have a car, but by car, it didn't take too long to get downtown (maybe 15 minutes).

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
so cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked this hotel as a place to stay overnight to break up the drive home from a family reunion. We got a great, and I mean great, room rate on their website, $38 per room on a Saturday night, booking only one day in advance. I called ahead and the very nice front desk person helped us to hold adjoining rooms, when most hotels just say they can't guarantee it until check in. This hotel is not on the trip, is in more of a residential area, which suited us well. Several fast food options very close by, as well as grocery stores, gas stations etc.
Easy parking, elevator to the rooms was right inside the doors, so no long wandering through a smokey maze of a casino for our 6 kids, big plus. Our rooms were clean, nice, and the beds were comfy. Breakfast the next morning at their restaurant was good, s'mores pancakes were a huge hit with the kids.
While I wouldn't choose this as a hotel to stay in for a "Vegas trip", we will stay again if we are just passing through.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Check in had a small line. The desk clerk took our request of a window facing downtown. Comfortable bed that was clean. They tacked on a fee for a newspaper, fitness room, swimming pool, and internet. I did not receive a newspaper in the morning and I was unable to open the door to the fitness room with our key. The charge for the internet was confusing as you agree to a fee when you log on. They said it was refunded back to me right when I logged on.They made things right for us at check out. Great buffet and cafe. Also caught a movie Be sure to get a players card for discounts on the buffet and gift shop.

Room Tip: You'll see more city lights facing northwest, the side facing the city.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boulder Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!