“Excellent Customer Service. Great Location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blair House Suites

You added Blair House Suites to your Saves list
Blair House Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   344 East Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #164 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Customer Service. Great Location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was looking for a nice place to stay on my birthday without paying an arm and a leg on the strip. Luckily I found Blair House Suites. It was a great alternative. It was right where I wanted to be and for the right price. I would definitely recommend this facility for its friendly helpful staff and for its convenient location. The late checkout time is always appreciated as well. I had a great experience overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The place is just really gross. We paid extra for an upgraded room which according to them had been updated with new furniture and carpeting in the last two years. If it was updated then the carpet and furniture was only new to them because everything in there was at least 20 years old! Didn't smell to great when we walked in. Carpet and furniture were worn and looked pretty bad. Was really hot and took about 12 hours to cool off the entire room. Service was HORRENDOUS! It took almost an hour to check in and the front desk people were rude. They had put our reservation under the wrong name and they tried to act like it was our fault! It got a little bit confrontational, what ever happened to the customer is always right??? And guess what we were right! Housekeeping never cleaned our rooms once in 4 days/3 nights!!! It took me about 45 minutes to track down towels one day because nobody ever answered the front desk phone! I found a housekeeper with a cart and she wouldn't give me towels, told me to get them from the front desk but nobody was there!! Oh! and the guess what? we found a big sewer roach in our room! Never!! EVER!! Stay at this Dump. Even the cab driver was like "How did you guys find this place?!?" LOL

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else at all costs!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Great place to stay! The front desk people were more than helpful, the place is close to some excellent restaurants (Go Michoacan!!!), and the rooms was clean and tidy. No bad smells, no bugs like other places. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Momence, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The manager Mary Ford and assistant Michael are very courteous and most helpful. The maid service is great. The ladies are so sweet.
Tips: To have in bathroom safetty bars for bath/shower for the older guests to get in and out for their safety.

Room Tip: I just recommend going on the internet looking at the pictures and then asking as many questions whe...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My name is Javan. I have lived at the wonderful Blair House for 8 yrs. I love the staff, and the excellent service I receive day after day, month after month, year after year. I would highly recommend this wonderful place to live that I call home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Location was great, rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the Pool , especially the kids. The price was reasonable and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: make a reservation early , this place is popular in its price range.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We all know everyone spends a lot of money in Vegas and quite often people look for the cheapest room possible because they figure "I won't be in it I'll be partying..." but this place is a little too cheap.

1. You have to keep your hotel key in a slot in the wall so that the lights and airconditioning stay on...this is how they regulate their utility bill...real ghetto huh? We had never seen anything like this before. Not to mention they have removed the dials on the airconditioning unit so you can not make it any colder than they feel it should be.

2. The room may be $50 a night but they put a $250 hold on your account along with requiring another $50 hold on your account....so why are the holds more than the hotel room itself? Insane.

3. Some people actually live in these things...on our trip we saw a door wide open with what appeared to be a dead or battered prostitute laying on the floor of a ramsacked room

4. The bathrooms have burn marks on the sinks, and they run out of towels daily.

5. The TV's are older than me and I'm 25. I swear I have never seen a tube tv so old.

So like I said, it's very cheap, but it's not even the greatest location (it's by the rivera and the wynn and encore...but honestly all the action is around the bellagio, mandalay bay, palms, caesars place...that end of the strip) so by the time you get a cab out of there it's not really that cheap anymore or the fact their is a $250 hold on your account that's money you can't spend until the hold comes off on some arbitrary monday. If you get on it early you can still do cheap but way safer, cleaner, and less hood....we found out once we got there we could've at least stayed at the stratosphere for the same price...smh

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Blair House Suites? Share your experiences!