“Robbed with unsympathetic staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Robbed with unsympathetic staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

For years, my mom always wanted to stay at the Bellagio. This past week, I took her for the first time. I was on east coast time and the first night, I went to bed at 10pm because I was so tired. My mom decided to stay up and gamble. Around 230am at night, she returned to our hotel room where i was passed out cold. Upon her arrival, all of my clothes were on the floor and my purse was in the bathroom, none of where I've left any of this. We discovered thru the course of the night between the time I fell asleep and my mom came up to the room, someone came up to our room and not only took all of the $$ out of my purse, but my cell phone as well. We called the front desk who sent up Security to take a report that was going to the Risk Assessment team. I told them how you have to physically slam the door shut in order for it to close. Security never checked the door and no one came up 2 hours later. After that, I called the front desk and asked them to move me to another room because I was concerned that this could happen again (I truly believe this is a Bellagio scam) and did not feel safe in that room.

The next day, when I went to check out I complained to the front desk manager about what had happened. I complained because I did not have my cell phone and was unable to check emails (which affects my livelihood) and had to use the Business Services Center where they charged me $15 minimum and $1 a minute. I thought they should have cut me a break on this at the minimum and they would not. He basically told me for all he knew, I could have been making the story up and that I was a liar!!!

Because of this, I advise everyone NOT to stay at the Bellagio and NEVER will again!! No one should have to worry about being robbed or be accused at being a liar.

Room Tip: Stay at the Wynn instead. Or Circus Circus. I feel safer at Circus Circus than the Bellagio! I wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly M, Guest Relations Specialist at Bellagio Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and document your experience at Bellagio. It is rewarding to know your mother wanted to stay with us for years and you both were able to on your recent trip to Las Vegas. We are terribly sorry if you felt any lack of security while staying at our property, but can assure you, safety is of utmost importance to our staff. After speaking with the appropriate department heads, we are very pleased to know this matter has been resolved to your satisfaction. It is our hope you return to Bellagio and we can extend you our signature Five Diamond service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lake Villa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had great time at the Bellagio, it's very classy all the way . The rooms were clean and modern, the service personal were very helpful and friendly. The cafe, buffet, gellato and bakery eateries all had excellent food.

Room Tip: Never had a problem
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Canton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Worth the extra ones to get the lake view at least once. To sit and watch the dancing waters at night is always special. Rooms are always clean. Hotel staff friendly! Breakfast is very good. Love the monthly themes and fresh flowers in the lobby

Room Tip: Get the lake view....at least once
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was a sister/cousin girl trip.
We stayed in a penthouse suite
The room was beautiful.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
We had access to private room where we could have coffee and roll in the morning, wine and appetizer in the evening.
It is a beautiful hotel.
The weight/exercise room is extensive.
The pool is beautiful.
We loved it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Just a bit disappointed as we kept this hotel till last.
With two other great hotels to go against it want going to be an easy win.
Was disappointed that the bathroom toilet want separated like the other top hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We are 8 girls, stayed in Vegas in June 2013 (during the heatwave!). We arrived after a long horrible flight from London and were greeted by the most beautiful (but manically busy) reception and check in area. The queue was quick considering how many people were milling around (it was around 3pm) and we were shown straight to our rooms. I appreciated the tip from the receptionist about moving items from the mini bar as you will be charged regardless. Room was spacious, view left a lot to be desired as we looked over the motorway, but we didnt mind as we werent in Vegas to look at the view! We did ask for an upgrade, but couldnt do it sadly.

We had 4 girls in each room, 2 double beds in each so that was perfect for us. The only annoying thing the whole trip was that we had to ring housekeeping every day for 2 more towels as they would only ever leave 2 instead of 4, but that really was it it. Housekeeping did a great job each day tidying around our mess (!) and we had no complaints, nice big bathroom and enough space for 4 loud girls!

We only ate in one restaurant and that was Olives which was superb, the fountain show was magical and and the breakfast/lunch buffet one of the best I have ever had (we also tried the Wynn and Cosmopolitan and preferred the Bellagio). The pool area is beautiful and quite peaceful compared to other pool areas with parties going on, one thing we found was that on numerous occasions you were moved out of the water because of a "chemical inbalance" but this problem was soon rectified. Dont take towels as these are all provided.

The clubs we visited in the hotel were Hyde and Banks and both were fabulous - Hyde being one of the most beautiful seetings for a club, looking right out over the fountains!

All in all amazing hotel, would definitely return, and fell in love with Vegas which made it all the better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spend a night there during my "Californian" road trip. Hotel is massive, biggest hotel I've ever been. It's Las vegas!
Rooms were massive, walk from reception to room takes a good 20 minutes which is a pain but well...It's actually a real factory!
Overall very good stay, breakfast (not included) was the best i have eaten in my whole life, there is simply everything.
We stayed a Monday so prices were really correct (150$). Location is right in the middle of the strip.
Only reproach is that they messed up our luggage at reception. Arrived without luggage in LV and they were supposed to arrive later during the day. We call reception to ask if they arrived but they couldn't tell us. Finally at midnight, after a jet lagged nap, we called reception again to know that they were downstairs since a while.....bad!!
Nobody's perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellagio Las Vegas? Share your experiences!