“Las Vegas style...” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Split, Croatia
“Las Vegas style...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was in Las Vegas for business and did not expect too much of the hotel but it was a nice surprise! The rooms were spacious, with great view and amenities. The staff was really helpful (sometimes too nice - not European style :) ), especially my housekeeper Maritza - the best service ever :) It is a huge, busy hotel, with noisy casino and lots of crowds - but I guess that is what most people come to Vegas for! The only thing I resented is the air-conditioning - it was way too cold in comparison to the outside temperature... Overall, a great value for money and a fun place to be when in Vegas!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne

Recommend - Hell yes! :)

Stayed 4 nights in June 2012.

On a side note - Vegas in awesome!! Now to the hotel review....

Hotel: Amazing! The fountains - of course - are THE classic feature of the hotel. The foyer is huge and as you can imagine, there are a lot of people checking in/out and visiting. Just be prepared to wait as there will be queues to check in/out. It has inside floral garden is very colorful!

Room: Stayed on the 18th floor on the south tower facing the fountains. Views of the fountains and the Paris Hotel were amazing - don't bother closing the blinds! We didn't and ended up seeing the sunrise... twice! :) Room was a standard/deluxe - it was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable; the bed - very comfortable - have no faults with the room :)

Bathroom: Very clean and comfortable - everything you would expect.

Service: Everyone was very friendly. Front desk during check in was very friendly and helped us get a fountain view room :)

Location: Right in the heart of the strip - its prefect!

Pool: Was smaller than what I was expecting given the size of the hotel but there were plenty of sun beds around with easy access to the pool.

Value: There are cheaper options but for a first time visit (which we were), I'd recommend to start at the best - so its worth the $$.

Restaurants: Had the buffet breakfast - pretty good value and a good variety to choose from. Just get there at the opening times otherwise there will be a long wait! Also ate at 'Noodles' before watching 'O' - very nice and reasonably priced.

Overall: Definitely recommend and I would definitely stay here again!

Tip #1: Jean Philippe (@ Bellagio) is a sugar genius - a must try!
Tip #2: Tao's Restaurant (@ Venetian Hotel) - the best dinner desert ... ever!
Tip #3: The Bank Nightclub (@ Bellagio) - as a guest, get yourself on the guestlist and enjoy no queue and no cover! :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was my sixth time visiting Las Vegas....this trip being to celebrate my best friends 30th birthday. I've stayed at Mandalay Bay several times, as well as The Mirage, but this time I decided to splurge a little and stay at Bellagio. I was not disappointed!!

Upon arrival at noon, we were greeted at the front desk by Derreck, who was extremely polite and professional, without being "fake." He shared some information about the hotel with us, and promptly gave us the keys to our room. As requested, we received a newly renovated room with a view of the strip and pools. The room was very nice I must say. Very classy, and the bed was absolutely to die for!!! I've never slept better.

Looking back, when I was booking this trip I struggled somewhat in deciding whether to stay at Bellagio or Aria. I'm so happy I decided to book the Bellagio. We walked throught the Aria, and although it is still a very nice hotel itself, it honestly felt a little bland and cold to us. I guess its just a matter of personal taste, but for me the Bellagio is the true definition of classic luxury. After a long day out on the strip, it really felt great coming back "home" to the Bellagio. The casino also has a great vibe to it, and all of the dealers we encountered were very friendly.

Overall, great stay and I will be back again next time in Vegas.

Room Tip: I did not pay extra for a strip view room. Book a regular room, and request a strip view in the not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was my second time staying in a Lakeview suite in the Spa Towers, Bellagio. It was perfect, as always. Throughout the hotel, all Bellagio staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, room service was super efficient and always arrived in far less than the stated 30 minute wait time. Beds and linen was exquisite and I had a pedicure in the spa which was great. Great stay, centrally located on the stip. I booked for the show Absinthe one evening at Caesars' Palace and that was awesome, and a very short walk back to the Bellagio. This is my go-to place to stay in Vegas, and it never fails to impress! Well done and thank you to all the staff for creating another great experience!

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Large room with excellent decor. Comfortable room and chairs. Great service. Very good lighting throughout the room. Numerous elevators with quick service. Shower and bathtub available. Nice selection of toiletries. Large LED TV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Keene, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First I would to make it clear, I am not a difficult person to make happy. I have been to Las Vegas several times and loved each trip (Treasure Island, Mandalay Bay, Caesar’s Palace and now the Bellagio) so I am not one of these individuals who refuses to be happy with service provided, and as such I feel I should discuss the highlights of this trip.
Hightlights:
Olives- great restaurant, We ate on the terrace and had a wonderful experience with an amazing waiter and staff. Watching the Fountain show while eating an amazing meal may have been the highlight of this trip and may be the best of many experiences I have had in Las Vegas.
Second room- Second room was great. There was no Crack Pipe in the Safe so that’s a plus. I'll expand on this in the negative section below.
Negatives:
Pool-Great Pool although I could not find anyone who wanted to provide drink service regardless of how much I tipped... either the staff was extremely thin for the number of guests or just were not interested in bringing us two Miami Vices and a couple of waters every hour. It was so bad at during our 5 day stay by the 3rd day I gave up on the staff and went to the pool bar to get drinks for us myself.
Now the main reason for my displeasure with this hotel.
My girlfriend (now fiancé') and I checked in at the front desk, were given our room keys and made our way to check out our room. When we arrived we found that the room safe had the key plate missing. I bring a respectable amount of cash to Vegas for a 5 day trip so I really needed to use the safe. A call to the front desk had a service tech sent to the room very quickly. We waited as we still did not have our bags and were not in a hurry....yet.
The service tech was great, I wish I could remember names at this point because he really was a nice guy, he showed up quickly and with a little small talk about how this happens all the time he got to work on fixing the safe. As soon as he opened the safe he said "oh this is a problem, I'll have to call security" I joking asked "what is there a hand in there or something? haha" Well no but there was a crack pipe and a bag of what I guess was cocaine or something. This is not awesome.
The service tech then leaves to go on another call and states security will be up in a few minutes, Well time goes by while my girlfriend and I wait in the room WITH the crack and she begins to go into detail of what she believes went on in the room the night before and does not want to sleep in, sit on or touch anything in the room. Yes, I know this is Vegas, and in my mind I know what probably goes on there but I don’t expect to be faced with that in our hotel room let alone such a highly regarded hotel such as the Bellagio. A quick call down to the front desk was met by a wonderful front desk clerk who said she understood that we were uncomfortable in that room now and we would be relocated. Another 40 min passes and our luggage arrives followed shortly by two nice individuals from the security staff. I spoke to them about the room relocation and they called to confirm room numbers with the front desk. They put the Drugs and other items in a trash bag and told to get our stuff we were on our way. I pack light, My fiancé does not, we use the bell service to move our luggage… I don’t know how bikini’s can weigh 500 lbs but they do. Anyway, we had to grab our bags and walk with security to a service elevator (I was told these are quicker) to go to our new room. At this point I strike up a conversation with these two nice guys and there are several statements of, I’m sorry this happened, you should like the new room, I’m sure we will do something nice for you, I hope you have a nice stay, where are you eating tonight (you get the point). We get to a room they try the key and it doesn’t work Long story short we are at the wrong room, have to walk back to the service elevator and go to another room. This room is nice had a fountain view, which was pretty cool. At this point we unpack and head out for some food.
To summarize the issue, the staff was great and nice BUT over the next five days we heard from everyone we talked to within the hotel that “something” would be done. There was nothing ever done in regards to the problem or to make us feel better about the situation or to even as some put it “get your vacation back on the right track” this came from a gamming manager while we were signing up for the rewards card… He stated “something”(again with the something) should be done to get you back on track given your vacation started off so poorly.
As a kicker, when we returned home from this vacation I received one of these standardized emails asking if we enjoyed our trip and they hoped we enjoyed our stay and if you would like to fill out an online survey….. Well I filled out a survey and gave this review nearly verbatim thinking something would now be acknowledged. Well I never so much as got a reply email for that review. This highlights the façade of customer service that the Bellagio provides. Great talk but no substance. Nothing was ever done. Needless to say I will be finding another hotel to stay with, perhaps a return to Caesars Palace, same great location.
As a final word on this hotel, Great location, Good staff but if you have a crack pipe in your room don’t worry about it. That stuff just happens.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a crack pipe
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights recently and have to say that it never fails to deliver. Great ambiance all around and has some of the most amazing food and bar outlets in Vegas. Fun, fun, fun. Will be back again soon!

Room Tip: If you can, stay in a Suite ..... They are HUGE and you feel like a king or queen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bellagio Las Vegas? Share your experiences!