“Huge Hotel, Personal Service” 5 of 5 stars

Two Buffets per Stay!
Ranked #13 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Huge Hotel, Personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

After living in Las Vegas for 3 years I am always reluctant to go back and spend more time there, however when I am staying at the Bellagio I don't mind so much :)

There are a million reviews for this place so I shall keep it short and sweet.

My room was beautiful and the attention to detail was outstanding. It is a huge hotel yet room service requests were always fast and the staff were very polite. Lake (Las Vegas Blvd) facing rooms are the best as you can watch the fountains from your own armchair and the music can be tuned in through your television. Amazing mattress and dreamy pillows, I could have slept forever! Fantastic bathroom with deep tub and separate shower which (if your heart desired) could fit about 15 people. Breakfast in bed was a treat and the butter stamped with a 'B' impressed me more than it should have!

The casino, the pool and the grounds are well maintained and the location of the hotel on the strip is perfect. Just beware there is a lot of walking involved, it's a big place!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a lake facing room for a front row seat to every fountain show!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

10,368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our second time at the Bellagio. First time was when we got married and this time it was the last trip before my pregnant wife can't fly anymore. We were upgraded to a newly remodeled room (blue theme) and it was tastefully done. I think it was done to compete with the likes of the Cosmopolitan. Might do a suite the third time around, but this standard room was very well appointed and comfortable.

The one thing that stood out this time and the last time is the service. We received great service from the time we arrived to the time we left. The bellhop who took our bags, the front desk staff, housekeepers, etc. were very friendly to us and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again. My wife loves the property and said she could stay here the whole time, especially in her secret spot at the pool near a very cool, shady tree.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in the "Bellagio Suite" on the 29th floor of the Spa Tower, accessed via a set of private elevators which zipped you straight up to your floor. Our room did not face the fountains (or the pool, really), so no views, but still a wonderful room. The Bellagio Suite is a two room suite with three bathrooms, a "his" with a huge stand up shower +steam and a shower seat, a "hers" with a large bathroom vanity and a jetted tub (no shower), and a "powder" room 1/2 bath near the entry to the room. The rooms had floor to ceiling windows, ipod alarm clocks, televisions in both rooms plus the bathrooms, as well as a small sound system (not in wall - just at the main TV), DVD player, and printer in the living room area. Goodies in the bathrooms included the usual shampoo and conditioner, bath soap and shower gel, plus mouthwash, toothbrush kits, hairbrushes, shaving kits, slippers and robes - essentially all the basics a forgetful traveler might need. We did have turn down service which included switching the bed cover from the ornate colored one to a triple sheeted white duvet with chocolates on the nightstand. Probably the most tastefully ornate and luxurious room I have stayed in.

The room was in good condition and very clean. We had the suite RIGHT next to the elevator bank, and we heard absolutely nothing from the hall or the elevator. It was probably one of the quietest hotel rooms I have stayed in.

We did order room service our first day for lunch, and it came in the allotted time (30 minutes), and the room service person was extremely friendly. He offered to re-arrange the furniture and set up the dishes in front of the window - very nice touch. The food was excellent and came with a lot of nice touches - small basket of unique breads, etc.

The only issue we had in the room, was trying to order a in-room movie. The system wouldn't register the purchase, and when we called down to the front desk, they just said to keep trying and they would remove any extra charges from the room. We did eventually get the movie working and did have an extra charge, which they removed with no problems. Not too shabby, really.

We ate at Cafe Bellagio and the buffet while we stayed. We had snagged a line pass at check-in, so we did not have to deal with the line, but both places served excellent food. The buffet food at the Bellagio was significantly better than the buffet at Aria, which is the only other buffet we ate at during our stay. The scrambled eggs were actually cooked through instead of a runny mess, which I hate. Service in both the buffet and the Cafe was excellent, as to be expected at a 5 star resort.

The casino was slightly smokey, but less so than some of the other properties on the strip. It did get VERY crowded, making finding a spot at your favorite game a little tough, and navigating the main walkways a challenge. Overall, the only negative I have for the Bellagio was the sheer number of people in the halls during the days. You were always ducking and dodging folks who would stop unexpectedly, etc. The entrance to the Spa tower did not require walking through the casino, which was a plus, although you did have to push through the "chocolate fountain" crowds blocking the hall during busy times of the day. Overall, to be expected for a holiday weekend in Vegas, but I would have enjoyed a little more peace and quiet in the public hotel spaces.

Check in and check out was fairly simple and short, no problems there. We did not use the spa facilities, or the pool, so I have no comments on that aspect.

Overall a great stay, and I would love to stay at the Bellagio again sometime. Maybe during a mid-week trip, when the crowd load might be a little lower.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I've just stayed in Bellagio for labor day weekend

Great place to stay in Vegas ... It is not too much like other place a real hotel not a Dineland where u can also stay for enjoying free time not only gambling.

5 great pool, one jacuzzi warm big enough for many people ... Then the hotel is full of service: you can rent a private cabina, bigger chair for staying under the sun

Great bar service everywhere ... And restaurant of great quality everywhere

My only big comment is the lack do decent wifi coverage in the pool and also AT&T was low ...if you are an Internet addict like my it is a pain (I think it would be easy to fix anyhow) ... For this reason not 5 star

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the Bellagio for 4 nights , ellegant hotel , classy , staff attentive to every request.
Was given room over looking the lake , enjoyed the Fountain show nightly.
Celebrated Ryan's 21 st. birthday at Cesar's Palace , Bobby Flay Mesa Grill Restaurant,
Fully satisfied with evening , excellent food and service .

Room Tip: Request lake view. Higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I want to start off by saying I love the Bellagio and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Vegas. We normally spend the week of my birthday at the Bellagio but circumstances made that impossible for the last two years so I was super excited about being able to revive the tradition in 2012. Check in was great - short line and I had recently read online about "sandwiching" so gave it a try and got a complimentary upgrade to a lakeview room. We also got a buffet/cafe line pass which was a super blessing as hitting the champagne brunch was the first thing we wanted to do and it was great to walk by that block long line of people and go right to the front of the line. Two big disappointments - first, the pool cafe was not open for breakfast the whole week. Eating breakfast at the pool cafe is one of our favorite things to do in Vegas but because the hotel was only 70% booked, they didn't open the pool cafe until 11 AM. I know we weren't the only disappointed people. We would walk through the casino on our way to the cafe for breakfast, by several gaming tables that were empty and wondered why they couldn't have the cafe open instead of paying people to stand around and do nothing. The other disappointment was they no longer sell chocolate Amaretto gelato at the gelato place. We would stop each day for gelato on the way from the pool to our room and this year my favorite flavor wasn't there! The first day of each of our stays I always call down to housekeeping and request that our room be cleaned by 1 PM. We get up early and then come back to the room for afternoon naps. This was done all but one day - I had to call housekeeping to please come and do our room - it was going on 2 PM and our room wasn't done. One other problem was the smoke. In the "old days" you never smelled smoke in the casinos but you do now. And the Bacarat bar was our favorite but the smoking there - especially the cigars, is terrible. We finally discovered on our own, that the Petrossian Bar is smoke free. When we complained to a cocktail waitress about the cigars she either didn't know or didn't care to share the information about the Petrossian being smoke free. We were also on a smoke free floor but there were cigarette butts outside our floor's elevators and my husband swore he could smell smoke. When we saw cigarette butts on a room service tray one day that confirmed that his nose wasn't lying to him. In a casual conversation with some employees I mentioned this and they checked it out right away which I thought was a good thing. I was told that if you smoke on a non-smoking floor they fine you $300 and to that I say - good for you! There are plenty of smoking rooms available, you don't have to contaminate the non-smoking areas. All in all it was a great trip but I think the Bellagio functioned better under the direction of Steve Wynn - it was more personal and elegant. I still love it - just wish the cafe was open all the time in the warm months, they would bring back my gelato, and do something about the smoke!

Room Tip: The lakeveiw rooms are wonderful, if you try it once, you'll never go back!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

When you stay here, you are experiencing a work of art. We stayed here for my boyfriend's 40th birthday and it is still one of the top hotels on the strip. The tile patterns are detailed and the gardens are full of fresh flowers. The room was modern and fresh with a wonderful view of the Las Vegas strip. The staff was professional, polite and knowledgeable.

We ended each day with a trip to the pool and loved it! My only wish was for the pool to be open a little later. We will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellagio Las Vegas? Share your experiences!