“well, for $6.99 buffet, what do you expect, NOW VERY DIFFERENT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aztec Inn

Aztec Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Aztec Inn
Save Saved
You added Aztec Inn to your Saves list
2200 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89104   |
Ranked #141 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hollywood, CA
“well, for $6.99 buffet, what do you expect, NOW VERY DIFFERENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The AZTEC is mostly an inexpensive cocktail bar. Inexpensive = $2.00 well drinks !!! Plus some slot machines. Plus some property in the back for cheap motel rooms. Like $130 per week. And see the last line in this post.

There is a restraunt in the corner, but that is not the main attraction.

I ate there a year ago, and paid the $6.99 for the salad and pizza, all you can eat. To call it a buffet is a bit much... there were 3-4 pizzas under a heat lamp, and a big salad bowl with salad dressing.

I ate only the salad (like 5 plates) and was very satisfied. Maybe had a bite of a slice of pizza.

The corner restraunt in the AZTEC is NOW (as of May 2013) a THAI / CHINESE / ASIAN / AMERICAN / etc place. More people eating there than before. I'm guessing that the food is decent and from the prices on the menu, a good bargain. Talking in the $7 - $9 range.

Plus, the AZTEC still has the $2 well drinks. THE best deal in Las Vegas.

Bar + restraunt seem to be open 24 hours a day as of May 2013.

Take the bus (DUECE RTC) there, exit at the Stratosphere stop.

Yes, there are some questionable characters in the vicinity, what do you expect?

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shaker Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am a frequent traveler. August of 2012 I made my ninth trip to Vegas. In my many years I have eaten at thousands of buffets. When you walk in to the Aztec's pizza buffet a sign says "please seat yourself." I assumed this to mean that you help yourself and they bring you a check. I was wondering why no one was coming to provide drink service. About 15 minutes latter an unclean looking waitress came out and began arguing with another customer about the wait time on a drink refill. The other customer and myself were the only customers at apx. 1:30pm on Friday afternoon. The waitress then very rudly told me that I should have paid first by a sign that says "checkout." Just because she is mad with another customer does not mean that she needs to be rude with all customers. Also, the sign did say "please seat yourself" and it is a buffet. The pizza on the buffet was cold. The first round of pizza that I had was cold plain pizza. For the second round I filled a plate with sussage pizza. The sussage was so cold that I did not want to eat it, it may have never been fully cooked in the first place. I was going to alert the waitress about the cold pizza on the buffet, but after clearing the other customer's table she never came back out. Also, she never provided drink service. I decided at this point to just leave the uneaten pizza and go someplace else. Also, they charge you a dollar if you pay with a credit card. This is the only time in my life when I have never a tip at a restaurant. I have never worked in a restaurant, but understand that sometimes customers can be mean. However, the waitress in turn does not have mean to all customers. Also, there were only two customers in the restuarant at the time.

Room Tip: Avoid their pizza bufffet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

We've just returned from Vegas and stumbled across the Aztec following a reccommendation from reservations at the Stratosphere. We just happened to pick the busiest week in the Vegas calendar and all the hotels apart from the Aztec were full. All I can say is it's great value for money. The food in the restaurant is cooked fresh to order and has the 'home cooked' taste as opposed to the plastic meals served up in other places. The bar is packed full of characters and with happy hours prices of 75c for a Bud what more do you want. We were in Vegas for 8 days and split our time here and the Stratosphere when they had availability. The rooms are adequate with no frills and great value at $59

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2004

I just started using tripadvisor.com, and although I stayed here in 2000, I thought I should write to say it was really bad. Rooms disgusting. Unless they are under new management, do not stay there. You definitely get what you pay for, and it was very cheap.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2004

I stayed at the Aztec in February of 2003. There was absolutely no other rooms available on the strip for less than $140 per night. I did not expect much by looking at the outside, but the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and I felt safe. I spend very little time in the room and this was all I need for the appropriate price. You can do better during the slow times in Vegas, but this is an excellent deal when the rooms are gone.

Happy traveling. Satisfied guest

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2004

Had a blast kinda of a cheap hotel but thats exactally what I wanted Ind I was so "excited" about being home in las vegas That I hardley noticed I was smashes

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2003

jan. 2003

Me and a friend, check Inn. because its 10 feet from the strip. rooms cold has ice. no heat. small enough for one person. they say single 25.00 night. its was 39.50 night. old motel style room. no pool. bar and resturant. slowest service I've ever had, in vegas. the only thing good where the slots. wow $100 on nickles. also high crime area. watch your pocket. far from all the major casino's.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Aztec Inn? Share your experiences!