“Your typical LV low class hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4575 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #166 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
chicago, IL
“Your typical LV low class hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

Booked and prepaid my reservations via Expedia. From the website, I thought the hotel was part of the casino. It's not. It is a seperate building and looks exactly like the other cheap motels along the Boulder Highway.

Check in was inside the casino, by the gift shop. Because I prepaid the room, I didn't want to put down a credit card. Instead I was forced to pay $35. in case I "lifted something from the room". The next morning, I had to get my deposit back. By the time they made up the room, I would have been long gone. Don't understand this policy at all. Both check-in and check-out personnel were indifferent. Both tried to sign me up for their "player's club" card.

The rooms were suppose to be "suites", bywhich, you had to seperate rooms. Although spacious, they were both small and sparse. The bathroom was tiny and difficult to use.

Both Expedia and the Casino should clearly state that this is a motel and not a hotel by any means of the word. Also, their check-in policy should be made clear at the time of booking.

Would not stay at this location again, only because there are other motels on the Boulder Highway just like it.

• Stayed February 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

There were LOTS of ANTS on sink. We have to kill them all before brush our teeth. The bed sheets smells a bit, you can hear voices from other rooms, the parking lot is ALWAYS FULL, some people take 2 spaces for one car, the security was there but didn't say anything.
However, the front desk was friendly, the housekeeping too. It's not too far fron the strips, the price is reasonable. We would probably stay there again but will request a room without ants =)

• Liked — the housekeeping
  • Disliked — the room
  • Tips/Secrets — request a clean room, no bugs whatsoever
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2006

We've stayed downtown and played at Arizona Charlie's for several years so this time we decided to stay there. We recieved a coupon deal that resulted in us paying $ 20 per night for four nights. Since we played there our comp earnings covered all of our food as well (not a high roller). The staff, from dealers to the check-in lady to slot personnel were the friendliest I have seen in over 20 years of visiting Vegas. They smiled and said hello whether I did or not! Meals at the buffet are terrific and most reasonable. They are making a huge effort to make the landscaping and grounds look very sharp....and it shows. The grounds are clean and neat. The only odd thing I encountered was the room layout. There's lots of room in the 2-room suites, but the layout makes it look rather sparse. It really needs more furniture and larger TV's...but these were minor drawbacks to us since all we do in the room is sleep. This oddity was more than overcome by all the other pluses. I'll be back.

• Liked — friendly staff, low prices, good food
  • Disliked — odd room layout
  • Tips/Secrets — join their Ultimate Rewards club....it earns good comps if you play table games
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

Basic accommodation. Don't expect anything fancy, but it was very clean but looking a bit worn around the edges. At $31 C per night mid-week in early December including taxes it was a bargain. If you book through Travelocity the rate is about $15 less than on the Arizona Charlie web site. A bit of plumbing noise from other rooms, and in the morning the cleaning staff were noisy outside on the open corridors. Sign up for their Ultimate Rewards card on the internet before you go and you can get discounts and a free buffet after only a bit of play. The buffet was barely adequate, but for the price was OK.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Quality of the meals
  • Tips/Secrets — Sign up for the Ultimate Rewards card on the internet before arriving to get meal discounts.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Just returned from another great trip to Vegas. I had stayed at the other Arizona Charlie's location on Decatur a couple of years back and it was great, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the Boulder location. I am a member of their Ultimate Rewards club (the players club for both Arizona Charlie's locations as well as the Stratosphere) and responded to a direct offer I had received from them which gave me an upgraded suite for the price of a standard room.

Check-in was very rapid and I was especially appreciative of the check-in clerk, Elenora. I was having a problem with my debit card - it turned out the company had put a temporary block on it for suspicion of identity theft! Fortunately I got it all straightened out, and Elenora swiped that card about 10 different times over the course of an hour without even frowning. That takes alot of patience - you don't often see much of that in the customer service industry anymore. Thanks again, Elenora!

The property differs slightly from the Decatur location as all of the corridors and buildings are outside vs. being enclosed. The decor of the rooms is a little more Mediterranean vs. southwestern, as the Decatur location is. The suite (I believe it was a Standard King Suite) was very spacious, two televisions, extra cold air conditioner, very good water pressure, and lots of closet space.

The casino was great as always and the Sourdough Cafe was teriffic. Be sure to check out the $2.99 Steak and Egg special, it's the best you'll ever had and has won several awards in Las Vegas magazines.

Overall, a teriffic stay and I'd recommend it to everyone. Remember, you won't get the glitz and glamour of the Strip in some of these off-strip casino hotels, but it's been proven that places like these are far superior in customer service and higher casino payouts. The room prices and friendly employees can't be beat. Give it a try!

• Liked — Casino, restaurants, friendly employees, cleanliness and value of rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — The $2.99 Steak and Egg special at the Sourdough Cafe is a must!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Broomfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

Following is a list of overall impressions:

1) The facade is under construction, making it difficult to get around the front of the hotel/casino. Trucks and workers often impeded clientele traffic.

2) We had a heck of a time finding the hotel check in desk. Only one sign hinted at its location, then we finally had to ask the valet guy.

3) Overall, the exterior is filthy. The sidewalks are ugly with air conditioning, gum and grime stains. Some portions of the exterior were repainted, with overspray on the walkways (no tarps used), The walls and air conditioning units were grimy.

4) We booked a "deluxe" suite with a king bed. There's one big, stark room with a tiny TV in the amoir. Grimy old carpet and dingy walls greeted us. The "ball/hook" door lock was broken off. The bedroom had another tiny TV/amoir, with a fair mattress, and the sink (single) RIGHT NEXT to the bed. The pillows were small, and the linens were stingy (only two bath, hand and wash towels).

5) We called the front desk to get some additional pillows around 6PM, and no one ever came. When we called again to inquire, they said "housekeeping" was hard to reach. No one ever called back, and we never got our pillows.

6) The bathroom fan did not work. Use your imagination after an evening out eating.

7) Service at the Sourdough cafe was abysmally slow. Even after the restaurant manager visited our table to "check" on us, our meals took another 10 minutes to arrive.

Bottom line, this place is the WORST hotel I've visited in over 10 years (Motel 6 does a better job), and I travel extensively. We felt unsafe walking the grounds gazing upon what looked like gang bangers. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2006

This is only our 2nd annual trip to Las Vegas (Mom, Aunt and I). First hotel we stayed at, was AWFUL. So yes Arizona Charlies Boulder was a welcome step up. We had a nice deluxe room which was plenty big enough for us. We loved that the sink and mirror are separate from the shower. Since 3 women trying to get ready at once can be a scary thing. We had an excellent spot, parked right next to elevator and went right up to our room. Great view of the Pool which was nice the one day we got a chance to get in. We ate at the Buffet and the Sourdough Cafe, must say my preference was the Cafe, not the Buffet. Our first impression was not the best because the check in lady had NO Personality but every staff member during our stay after was very friendly, helpful and had a smile for us. You definitely need a car if you are staying here and wanting to go to the Strip or anywhere else.

The only downside we did discover was the carpet was stained in some places but the room and bathroom itself looked clean and maintained. We are already planning our 3rd trip and Arizona Charlie's Boulder (East) will definitely be on our list to stay at. For the price and the location, it is a great deal...

After reading all the reviews here, I was abit afraid but for the price for 3 of us, it couldn't be beat and thought OK lets do it. I am glad I didn't let the mixed reviews detour me from booking a room and staying here. Also, lastly, the air conditioner in our room worked great which is a big must have.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!