“No bad for price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #170 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“No bad for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Went for a quick, family trip. Last min not fancy but very comfortable. Staff was nice. On checkout called to find out about late checkout. They allowed it without any additional cost. Pool and spa were closed for season, other then that not bad.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Itasca, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our room was very clean and spacious; maid service was excellent. Cliental is senior citizens and handicap...comfortable if this is your scene. Our bartender, Less (not More...our inside joke to remember his name) was very attentive and called us by name the couple times we were there drinking GREAT Bloody Mary's and playing video poker. Actually won $80! Breakfast at the Sourdough Café was huge and delicious...under $5.00. Great way to start the day.

Room Tip: Our 2nd Floor Handicap room was very quiet and close to the elevator...but do not open the curtains...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Coarsegold, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

To quote Bette Davis, "What a Dump!"

Let's see, where do I begin? Oh yeah;

1-No coffee pot, microwave or frig in the room.
2-No WIFI, unless you want to pay another $12/day
3-Bathroom floor is ridiculous...uneven and feels like the subfloor is coming apart under the decades-old linoleum. Holes in the floor next to the tub and the wall has blisters from moisture building up under the paint. I have included a photo in this review.
4-Sleeping with the air conditioner is like sleeping with a locomotive.
5-Cigarette burn holes in blankets and top cover. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but I doubt it from the smell.

It is ludicrous that they charged me $300 for a 3-night stay, for a room that was a step DOWN from Motel 6.

It is interesting to also note that, when checking out, the clerk did not ask the typical checkout question..."How was your stay?". I'm guessing that they already know the answer and just don't care. Never staying there again.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I didnt realize there was blood until the next day when i had pulled the blankets off. I left the bloody sheet exposed thinking housekeeping would change it, but they just made the bed! I called the front desk and they explained it was because the hotel has "gone green". We had to move rooms because the blood was a biohazard. My friend was upset and she tried talking the front desk into just giving us clean sheets since we had a lot of stuff to move, but they insisted on us moving and even accused us of bleeding on their sheets! Two cops showed up along with housecleaning to escort us to our new room. What a crazy nite.

• Stayed October 2013
Aurora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Arizona Charlie's impressed me as a good bargain. Rooms are quite large and parking is close. Discounts are available on food, which is already quite inexpensive. The only problem is that they close the pool/hot tube for the winter season in September, while the outside temperatures are still in the 90s!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed two nights at AC's. After reading all the negative reviews I had second thought about my booking, but I was presently surprised. My non-smoking room was clean and all things were in order. The staff was very friendly and the security staff very professional. I rode my motorcycle, so I was concern about it. They even let me park it on the sidewalk next to the entrance! The food in the café was excellent and the prices on the specials are like the old Vegas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ontario, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

booked this as we were house hunting and it was centrally located. first clue was the parking. there was a lot across the street and guys hanging around. the other lot is shared with a shopping center. the smoke hit us at the door! the check in clerk was very nice and upgraded our room for free. glad you need a key to call the elevator! the room was clean. no bed bugs (we looked!). nothing special, and this was a recently renovated tower. the coffee shop downstairs was good, still a little smokey. it was freeway close, fast food is nearby.

Room Tip: pay the extra $5 for the other tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Arizona Charlie's Decatur? Share your experiences!