“A comfortable surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Norman, Oklahoma
“A comfortable surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here while visiting UNLV for business. After reading the reviews, I was very pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the Hyatt Place was. I had a small suite with a living area and fridge. The bed was comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows. The Wifi signal was great. I was very happy NOT to be close to the Strip with its crowds and noise. This place is a sane alternative only a mile or so away from the Strip. Also, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was completely suitable and, in my opinion, offered plenty of variety (including fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereals, juice, coffee, and pastries.) Also, despite the hotel's being right under the airport's flight path, noise was not a problem. One amenity I would have appreciated is a coffee shop or small restaurant in the hotel. But there are several restaurants very close by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel, amenities and staff. On your next trip to Las Vegas we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very disappointed with this hotel overall, especially since I had solid hopes for it to become more of a go-to for affordable business travel.

Located on Paradise Road immediately under the north/south flight path of McCarran Int'l makes this a convenient choice and luckily they invested in good soundproofiing for the windows and building. Otherwise the room and floor design left a lot to be desired.

I checked into to find the following:
1. A room decorated in many shades of unattractive brown
2. A sink opposite the bed with carpeting all around it,
3. A large gap underneath the door that allowed you to hear the constant elevator beeping and loud talking guests in the hall,
4. A low hung closet adjacent to the sink (?) with no door,
5. No bureau or drawer in which to place your items,
6. No flat space on which to put said items while you are unpacking,
7. No washclothes in the bathroom,
8. No lotion with the toiletries
9. An HVAC system that only functioned with the fan running all the time, if you turned the heat or AC off, the whole system shut down completely.

Additionally, the shower has one of those adjustable (up/down) hand-held nozzles. Despite being tightened as far as it allowed, the shower head rested at the lowest point so that you always had to juggle the shower head and soap.

From an amenity level, there are no vending machines (except ice) on any of the hotel floors. If you want a snack, you need to go buy an overpriced snack at the front desk (home to the $4 cookie).

I guess it's back to the Hampton Inn or Courtyard for me.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I’m disappointed to hear your hotel experience was anything less than satisfying and you did not leave with a lasting impression. We utilize all positive and negative feedback to assist us in improving our guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to make your stay a memorable one.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Traveling to Las Vegas for a business trip, and was referred by a colleague of mine to stay at the Hyatt Place, and I am glad I did! Needless to say traveling is always stressful, and the airline conveniently loosing my luggage was not a great start to a 4 day trip which only had one day for relaxation and fun. From the moment I stepped into the shuttle I was provided with a big smile and welcome from Joseph the driver. At check in I wanted to let the Front Desk Agent know how pleasing and accommodating Joseph was referring me to some places to eat while in town, and asked her to pass on my gratitude to her manager. Funny as can be the Front Desk Agent was actually a Manager and gladly took my compliments. Angela, the manager, then proceeded to book me dinner reservations from one of Josephs recommendations, took down all my information to assist in retrieving my luggage, and even booked me a tour to the Grand Canyon! Most importantly and graciously she provided me some small but important essentials till my luggage arrived. Great part of staying here as a business traveler was free internet to help me get my work done. Plus a hot breakfast each and every morning. Overall I had a great stay! The management team takes pride in there property and it shows in the welcoming attitudes of all the Hyatt Place employees. Oh and I can't forget Nick at check out speedy, and itemized my bill quickly for my expense report. The Hyatt Place will assuredly see my business the next time I return to Las Vegas, and all my friends and family too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our staff and the level of service you received. We make every effort in providing the best customer service here at the Hyatt Place. I will pass your kind words on to the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to your many returns.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a nice hotel off the Vegas Strip. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for a business trip at the last moment, but didn't want to stay in the swank casino-tels lining the Strip. Free breakfast, no resort fees, no parking fees, and no 20-minute walk from the parking to the hotel room.

There are a few restaurants right next to this hotel.

The only minor complaint - rooms have a rather small bathroom imho and hotel breakfasts really need more variety (but that's a common complaint against many hotels).

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We know you have many hotel choices when visiting Las Vegas and are delighted you chose to stay at the Hyatt Place. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Las Vegas.
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have to agree with all of the positive comments on this property. Friendly staff all around...especially the woman maintaining the breakfast line. Location is awesome. Not for anybody with a fear of low flying airplanes though. Complimentary shuttle to and from strip came in handy one night. Only a few minor gripes...Not complaints but some may see them as more major inconveniences.
1. No hot tub
2. Strip shuttle location hard to find at the Planet Hollywood.
3. Double bed room layout is rather quirky. We prefer the conventional hotel room layout. (Having the bathroom area more separate from sleeping) The fluorescent light from the bathroom vanity area is quite blinding to anybody still in bed. Access to closet is tight. TV too far from couch and too close to the bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We utilize all positive and negative feedback as a training tool and comments such as yours are helpful to our team. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to the Hyatt Place.
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My family and I spent a restful weekend at the Hyatt place. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Parking was plentiful and one did not have to traverse a long distance to get to the front desk. Check- in was a breeze. Breakfast selection was good as they offered both hot and cold options. My 5 year-old son who was a picky eater was content with what was offered. This is not a resort- type of hotel, hence maybe the name "Place", but it is a very comfortable place to make as you home base in Las Vegas. The downside to the location is that it is very close to the airport and you can hear the airplanes zooming in for the landing, I liked the fact that it wasn't very close to the Strip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay but disappointed to hear about the airplane noise. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you and your family back
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I checked in on 10/11 for 2 nights. Joseph at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We ran into him later, he remembered our names, and asked if our room was OK. We like to stay at Hyatt Place, and this one is no exception. Clean, spacious and comfortable room, refrigerator was handy to use, quiet room (not much outside noise), parking was close by. Every staff person was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really good, and lots of choices. It's not on The Strip, that was one of the reasons we chose it, and it was close to where other friends were staying.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Glad to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to hear the customer service you received exceeded your expectations. I will pass your kind words onto Joseph and the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Been to Hyatt Place Las Vegas? Share your experiences!