“Clean, solid Hyatt Place, and not directly on the strip” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #78 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Springfield, Virginia, United States
“Clean, solid Hyatt Place, and not directly on the strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here three nights in September. It's a clean, comfortable, but not exceptional hotel (similar to other Hyatt Places I've stayed at). The location is good for me - not directly on the Vegas strip, but still in a good part of town. One nice thing is that the rooms, in addition to the bed, all have sofas in them where you can sit to read or watch tv. There are many restaurants in the area, but the streets are heavily trafficked, so you will probably want to drive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days, two nights at a conference held in this hotel. I've stayed in Vegas before, right on the strip, and after staying here, I'd come back to the Hyatt. Unless you want to stay on the strip, this is a great base location. It's right across from the Hard Rock. A free shuttle is provided to and from airport. Plus a free shuttle to Planet Hollywood on the strip is offered (the only down side to that is limited pickup/retrieval times). Overall the service is outstanding; since checkout was 12:00 pm and my flight didn't leave until 5pm, I asked for a later checkout and this was cheerfully provided. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are large, if somewhat dated, but they offer a mini-frig and free breakfast every morning. There's a 24 hour CVS across the street, some restaurants, a Subway and a liquor store. If you want Vegas-style over the top fancy, this is not the place for you. No slot machines in the lobby. More like a business/family crowd. If you want to save some money and be close to the strip with access, this will hit the spot. I plan on coming back here for my next Vegas venture.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about our friendly, helpful staff and our hotel amenities. We look forward to your many returns with us.
Valrico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I recently held a conference at this property and was extremely impressed by the Sales and Event staff. Dawn was definitely a hands on person and worked on every aspect of our event.
This hotel is the largest Hyatt Place that I have run across. We really pushed them to their limit with our space requirements. All the rooms are suites with a wall between the living area and the bedroom. The fridge, microwave, sink were great to have. This is the same layout as the Hyatt Place I stayed at in Virginia a couple of years ago.Rooms were great. The small bar and food area was perfect if you wanted to stay in or eat dinner in your room.
The food was well prepared and very tasty!
I want to thank all of the staff, Dawn, Erin in Sales, the Kitchen and Catering staff,Leta, Nick and Alex bartenders for our reception., the front desk was always helpful.
Our conference and Vendor Room was a great success! I credit the Hyatt Place sales and catering staff for a great part of that success, we started small and grew to be very large, luckily the hotel had space available so they let us grow.
We have probably grown too big for another large conference but certainly a property to consider if we or you have a meeting of around 60 people or less.

Room Tip: All rooms were good. My room faced the east and that sun was definitely hot in the morning but I jus...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel and the level of service you received. At the Hyatt Place we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service. We are happy to hear your event was a success! I will pass your kind words onto the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Vegas.
Fallbrook, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean, staff is very friendly and helpful, but the bed seems low to the ground, and the mattress I slept on definitely had a depression in it. I think it's time they consider replacing at least some of them!

• Stayed September 2013
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay but disappointed to hear about the mattress quality. I will share your feedback with our management team. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.
So Cal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed just one night for a conference at the hotel. Overall it was ok for a business trip, but it’s overpriced given some odd design choices and what’s available in Vegas.

Room – very large. All our group had suite-like rooms: living room with small sectional, desk and minibar (sink, coffeemaker and fridge, no microwave), smallish bedroom alcove next to a single sink area and separate shower/toilet. There’s a lot of space, but I’m not sure they’ve made the best use of it. E.g. the living room felt really empty – the desk needs to be bigger, or they need to space out the furniture. I moved the ottoman into the center of the room just to get rid of the dreary feel of the empty space. Art on the wall might also help. The beds were doubles – I don’t think queens would even fit.

The tv is placed really oddly – it’s on top of a narrow shelf unit in the small space between living and sleeping areas. It’s on a swing arm, but it can’t be fully turned in either direction – you can’t watch it face on from the sofa or from either bed. In fact, you really can’t watch it from the sofa at all. They would have been better off just leaving it in the living room. There were a lot of extra electronic hookups available, although I didn’t use any of them.

The sink space was fine for one, but a second person would need to use the minibar. The bathroom is small, which I can excuse in an older hotel, but they’ve put the towel rack inside the shower, which does raise some issues. I removed a dry (and scratchy) towel for myself, but a second person showering might be out of luck. A smaller rack behind the door would have been more convenient.

My shower barely drained – I was in water up to my ankles at the end. Ick. Both the sofa upholstery and the bedspread had multiple stains. Ick ick ick.

My third floor room had a view of the Strip; co-workers had views of the parking lot or the Hofbrahaus next door.

The included-in-the-rate breakfast – not good. I guess they’ve done away with a real restaurant and replaced it with a pre-formed buffet. Horrible powdered scrambled eggs, (ran out of syrup), dry French toast, will-last-through-the-Apocalypse pastries and bagels, acidic coffee (they kept running out). To be fair, our large group was probably why they kept running out of things, but you would think they’d have someone monitoring that stuff when there’s a group, no? The fruit was ok. Lunch sandwiches (roast beef or ham) looked unpleasant – I stuck with salad, one co-worker had a sandwich and regretted it all afternoon. There was a deli case with really good-looking baked goods and sandwiches; no idea if they tasted better.

The meeting – I think the meeting rooms were converted hotel rooms. We were shoehorned in so tightly that one guy tapping his foot had our whole table bouncing. While it worked ok, it was the very opposite of comfortable and sightlines were iffy. But I think they were trying to accommodate last-minute registrations, so that’s really our group’s fault.

The area – the Hard Rock is across the road, as well as a strip mall with a CVS and various restaurants. We felt comfortable walking there and back for dinner. I didn’t notice what it was like in other directions – theoretically, the Strip is in walking distance.

Overall, service was prompt and friendly, and the room was ok for a business visit, but at $159, you can do a lot better in this town.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms are right next to or opposite from meeting rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We use all positive and negative feedback as a training tool and feedback such as yours helps us improve our service delivery. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
lawrence, kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a hidden jewel! Right across from the Hard Rock. Free shuttle to and from airport, free shuttle to Planet Hollywood on strip, and service was outstanding! Room was perfectly clean every day. Free breakfast every morning had a wonderful variety. The front desk staff was so kind and even let me have an earlier check-in when I arrived early in the morning. Love this place!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. What a pleasure to hear observations such as your own. On behalf of the Hyatt Place team Thank you! We look forward to your many returns.
Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel offers large roomy rooms. In addition to the regular hotel room setup (bed, batroom areas), a living room area is offered. Very nice. The breakfast is of good quality. Prefered located by the Hard Rock Casino Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your room and our complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Hyatt Place Las Vegas? Share your experiences!