“Aladdin a good place to sleep, but be prepared to head elsewhere for fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino

HOT RATES! Rooms from $44
Ranked #93 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, D.C.
“Aladdin a good place to sleep, but be prepared to head elsewhere for fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

Overall, I would rank the Aladdin at the top of the second tier, a good option for people that want to go to other casinos for shopping, restaurants, gambling, shows, etc., but save a few bucks on where they actually sleep. We got a good rate over the Internet (under $100 a night during the week). While the bed was very average (and the comforter in SERIOUS need of replacement/upgrade), the rest of the room was an outstanding value. It was very clean. The bathroom with double french doors was very large and modern with a tub for two, separate shower, and separate toilet area. There was also an Internet terminal in the room on the desk (for a fee, of course). The Aladdin boasts a great location at the center of the strip if you wish to wander the different casinos, but the resort aspects of it are sorely lacking. The stores in the Desert Passages are those of a typical suburban mall; the pool without character and crowded; and the restaurants all feel like you are in a casino (which, while you almost always are in Vegas, you still don't want to feel that way). I also found irritating the precocious lack of a $5 Blackjack table at even the most "off" hour. Even the Bellagio had a $5 table in the morning and afternoon. If you can get a good rate, I recommend the Aladdin, but until Planet Holleywood is built and (presumably) other upgrades are made on the resort side, be prepared to walk or cab elsewhere to spend your time (which is very easy to do).

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. I stayed at Luxor and MGM on the same trip and those places seemed like dumps in comparison.
This hotel was meticulously clean. The staff was superb, fast and curteous. The staff really went out of their way to help and give the best possible room they had. They had in-room safes, and computers in every room! Their buffet was the best we dined at (we tested 4 other hotel buffets on the strip). I highly recommend this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed here August 18-21 and we got so much more than we expected. We arrived at 9:30 am and we were allowed to check-in immediately, which was great since we had flown from the east coast.

The room was their 'basic' room (aka Deluxe) but it was extremely roomy and so much larger than we expected. We asked for the Bellagio/Strip room view, it would've cost an additional $30 per night, so we passed knowing that we wouldn't be in our rooms much anyway. The room itself was exteremely neat and clean. The bathroom was beautiful. The tub was large enough for two (yep, we tested it!) with a seperate glass-enclosed shower.

The Desert Passage, which is like a mall, had so many great stores and just walking around it was nice. There is a $25.00 fee per day to use the gym (although they sometime give free passes @ check-in) so I would do walking laps inside of the Desert Passage before the stores opened at 10 am. Most all shopping stores stay open until midnight which was great.

Check out was a breeze. It takes two minutes to check-out via the television in your room and you can just leave your room key-card in the room.

Lastly, we used Showtime Shuttle service and they were great. They promptly picked us up at the airport and returned to pick us up at 7:30 am for our trip back to the airport...always on time.

We really enjoyed this hotel and would highly recommend it to you and all of our friends and family.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

I chose the Aladdin after reading all (and I do mean ALL) the reviews for half a dozen hotels on the strip in Trip Advisor. That worked well for me when I went to South Beach, Miami and it worked well for me this time. Staying there three nights in late May/early June, my wife and I couldn't really find anything wrong with the place.

Oh sure, the window in our fountain-view room (30th floor, IIRC) was dirty on the outside. (The room, by the way, was upgraded for free just for asking, although I did give a tip afterward anyway.) But the window in another room well down the hall that we had occasion to look out of wasn't dirty, so it probably depends on which direction the window faces.

The bed was a little firm, but not half as bad as some reviewers complained about (that's not to say they exaggerated - it all depends on what you're used to at home). The bathroom was huge, but if you've read any of the other reviews you already know that.

I come to Vegas at least once a year, sometimes more, and on the strip I've stayed at the Luxor and the Paris. Our room in the Aladdin was at least as nice as the rooms I had in those. It was especially nice given what I paid as part of a Southwest Vacations package (let's just say "very low").

The food in the Zanzibar cafe was good. We ate one dinner and one breakfast there but didn't eat anywhere else in the hotel.

The Arabian theme of the place is kitschy, but if you come to Vegas not expecting kitsch then you've come to the wrong place!

Finally, the location is great. Beside the Paris and across the street from the Bellagio, it's pretty well central to everything on the strip. Again, something everyone mentions but worth repeating because you'll do a lot of walking if you intend to see everything on the strip. (Even though I'd already been in every hotel-casino except the new Wynn, this was my wife's first trip to Vegas.)

I would definitely stay there again, but if they're going to start construction soon to convert it to a Planet Hollywood, I probably either won't be able to or won't choose to.

• Stayed June 2005
Amherstburg, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

We recently stayed at the ALADDIN on 08/15/05 - 08/17/05, and had another awesome stay. We have stayed here 4 times in the last 2 years. We always receive special give away room rates or FREE rooms and other BONUS incentives that keep us VERY HAPPY!!! Our room this time overlooked the pools and was very nice to look at. Looking forward to our next visit in December or sooner if we are INVITED back!!!! If you are looking for a great place to stay, eat and shop, The ALADDIN is a great place to stay in Las Vegas.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

Went to the Aladdin July 29th -August 1st. Tried to check in early but was told I had to wait till 3:00 because I had ajoining room with another part of family we went with. I had been reading the reviews and had mixed feelings. But all in all it was great for the price. I have stayed in better looking rooms but for a high price. The bathroom was my favorite part of the room I loved the oversized soaking tub and the the casino was okay. It took forever to get a drink while gambling but I loved the Desert passage mall. Fat Tuesday was a great place in the mall to get Daiquiris.

The location was great, right in the middle of the strip. We took a taxi if we wanted to go to another casino which was worth the price. If I go back to Vegas the Aladdin we be the place I would stay.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Aladdin March 20-25 for our honeymoon. We booked this hotel through Vacations to Go and we were a little nervous about what kind of room we would end up with at first. When we got there we checked right in and we were definelty pleased with the friendliness and promptness of the staff. We we booked this hotel we booked just a regular room, no suite or anything like that so we were amazed to see how big our room was. We had a view of the Bellagio Fountains, a huge bathrrom, and a huge room overall. The staff were extremely nice and went out of their way to help. We had a wonderful time and will more than likely go back sometime in the near future, possibly for our anniversary, even though it won't be the Aladdin anymore. I really wasn't ready to come home. This was definetly an enjoyable experience and we are so glad we booked this hotel!! (It is soon to be Planet Hollywood.)

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!