“Nostalgic and Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nostalgic and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved the movie memorabilia on the walls in the room. Good restaurants and central location. Great place for my Mom and I to stay. PF Changs is also in the hotel. It is a definite must on a budget and would stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

7,555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's Vegas, so we were looking for location first and this one is hard to beat. The room was clean and comfortable, bed was fantastic and the bathroom was very big and well lit. Check in was very quick, even on a Friday evening and we did get an awesome free upgrade to a Bellagio fountain facing room, which was a huge bonus. Overall, nothing else stood out, but its Vegas, and it was reasonable, comfortable, clean and conveniently located. It would be a great choice for a first trip because you don't really know where your favorite spots will be yet. Not sure I would return and not because I didn't have a good time, more because it isn't my favorite casino in general. Miracle Mile is also a nice feature, but avoid the Spice Market buffet. Although that belongs on a different review. Overall, a solid choice and a great location.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

celebrated my dads birthday there was 14 of us we had 5 rooms we all had a great time The service was great rooms very clean and modern casino was very fun and vibrant My dad turned 83 and he said it was one of his best birthdays ever Thanks again for a great time

Room Tip: rooms on south side had great views and great location to casino floor
Green Features: very environmentally friendly which I agree with 100 percent
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Planet Hollywood in July 2013 and found the overall property to be acceptable.
The check in line was long but the rooms were nice and somewhat large. I can assure you that they have the "tightest" slots in Vegas. We ate at Daily's (not sure of the name) twice and were well satisfied. The P.F. Chang's was fabulous (much better than other Chang's that we have encountered elsewhere). Volo's (I believe) was wonderful also. I found the tortilla soup to be excellent but somewhat spicy. The waiter warned me and I went for it anyway. Great place. The Earl of Sandwich was swamped with a huge line but when we finally got through it was superb also.

I was shocked with the treatment that I received in Planet Hollywood's Sports Book. I plunked down $400 in bets early that morning and sat down to watch the Orioles and the Indians slug it out. The rest of my party went shopping and I made myself quite comfortable. Between the 8th and 9th inning I pulled my hat down and decided to rest my eyes for a minute. It couldn't have been 15 seconds until some thug of a Security Guard grabbed me (I don't like to be touched by strangers) and said quite sternly NO SLEEPING IN HERE. I reached in my pocket for the $400 in tickets to prove that I was a paying customer. He said it made no difference that I must sit up or leave and he said it quite rudely. I went to the Sports Book counter to complain and the boy working there (he looked about 17) said we are all afraid of that guy. My advice is to stay away from him since he WILL HIT YOU. Neither he nor the other teenage clerk cracked a smile at all. So later in the day I cashed the $98.90 that was left of my four hundred dollar investment. This clerk (now a teenage girl) ran the tickets and I said lets round up the $98.90 to a hundred dollar bill and I'll give you the difference and a couple of dollars extra. My god you would think that I had asked for the Hope Diamond. She practically yelled "you get what the scanner says..; no more no less." I simply told her that was the "stupidest thing I had ever heard." She actually told me to go to the cashier if I wanted to make change. I have been to dozens of places in Vegas and out, at racetracks and at casinos of all sizes and they usually ask if I want a hundred with out me mentioning it. The only thing that I could figure was that this young woman had failed math in high school and didn't want to count any extra pennies.

You can say these things aren't important but I felt disrespected in both cases. Therefore, with approximately 40 or more MAJOR casinos in the Las Vegas area why should I go to someplace like Planet Hollywood and be treated like some beggar on the street. If you wonder whether I complained to management about either of these situations I can assure you that Caesar's International won't answer letters or complaints in person. I know this from year's of experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Our experience started out with checking in early and getting charged for it. We agreed due to the fact we were so tired. Nothing regarding service fee per day etc....not explained at desk.Once getting to the room all went down hill. Hair from previous guest....torn sheets and towels and used bandaids. Expressed our concern a couple times. Finally talked to Hotel manager Roberto and took $44 of bill. He said he would make sure everything would taken care of which did not. The vomit we had to walk through to get to our room each day still there when we left. Poor management. No follow through.

• Stayed July 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in the north side of the hotel. The hallways and our room were dark because of the decor. The room was really dark! First impression was to turn on all the lights and even then that wasn't enough. There is a window in the room but it is partially blocked on one side because of this black decor (?) that limits the amount of light that enters the room. Mind you, I'm not old and/or losing my vision. We pulled up a picture of our room on PH's website and it looks nothing like the picture... They must've done a panorama and some photoshopping...

Check-in was really slow! Yes, we were there at 4pm on a holiday weekend, but shouldn't they have anticipated that it was going to be busy? There was a very long line at check-out also. Thank goodness we used express check-out from our room.

Parking - valet is complimentary if there's space. Sometimes they'll block it with the "full" sign but if you show your room key, they'll let you in.

No fridge, no coffee maker. I guess it's Vegas, they want you in their casino as much as possible, not in your room.

Bed was comfy. Room was old but clean. I just wish it wasn't so dark!!!!
Great central location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robinson, TX (near Waco)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great view, great rooms, very clean. Fun casino. Great club. Excellent scenery. Great restaurants. You name it.

Only complaint was only 2-3 elevators out of 6 worked. And they were very hot.

I can't imagine a place with a better price or value for a great experience in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!