“dads birthday” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Clovis, California
“dads birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

celebrated my dads birthday there was 14 of us we had 5 rooms we all had a great time The service was great rooms very clean and modern casino was very fun and vibrant My dad turned 83 and he said it was one of his best birthdays ever Thanks again for a great time

Room Tip: rooms on south side had great views and great location to casino floor
Green Features: very environmentally friendly which I agree with 100 percent
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

8,271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashland, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Planet Hollywood in July 2013 and found the overall property to be acceptable.
The check in line was long but the rooms were nice and somewhat large. I can assure you that they have the "tightest" slots in Vegas. We ate at Daily's (not sure of the name) twice and were well satisfied. The P.F. Chang's was fabulous (much better than other Chang's that we have encountered elsewhere). Volo's (I believe) was wonderful also. I found the tortilla soup to be excellent but somewhat spicy. The waiter warned me and I went for it anyway. Great place. The Earl of Sandwich was swamped with a huge line but when we finally got through it was superb also.

I was shocked with the treatment that I received in Planet Hollywood's Sports Book. I plunked down $400 in bets early that morning and sat down to watch the Orioles and the Indians slug it out. The rest of my party went shopping and I made myself quite comfortable. Between the 8th and 9th inning I pulled my hat down and decided to rest my eyes for a minute. It couldn't have been 15 seconds until some thug of a Security Guard grabbed me (I don't like to be touched by strangers) and said quite sternly NO SLEEPING IN HERE. I reached in my pocket for the $400 in tickets to prove that I was a paying customer. He said it made no difference that I must sit up or leave and he said it quite rudely. I went to the Sports Book counter to complain and the boy working there (he looked about 17) said we are all afraid of that guy. My advice is to stay away from him since he WILL HIT YOU. Neither he nor the other teenage clerk cracked a smile at all. So later in the day I cashed the $98.90 that was left of my four hundred dollar investment. This clerk (now a teenage girl) ran the tickets and I said lets round up the $98.90 to a hundred dollar bill and I'll give you the difference and a couple of dollars extra. My god you would think that I had asked for the Hope Diamond. She practically yelled "you get what the scanner says..; no more no less." I simply told her that was the "stupidest thing I had ever heard." She actually told me to go to the cashier if I wanted to make change. I have been to dozens of places in Vegas and out, at racetracks and at casinos of all sizes and they usually ask if I want a hundred with out me mentioning it. The only thing that I could figure was that this young woman had failed math in high school and didn't want to count any extra pennies.

You can say these things aren't important but I felt disrespected in both cases. Therefore, with approximately 40 or more MAJOR casinos in the Las Vegas area why should I go to someplace like Planet Hollywood and be treated like some beggar on the street. If you wonder whether I complained to management about either of these situations I can assure you that Caesar's International won't answer letters or complaints in person. I know this from year's of experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Our experience started out with checking in early and getting charged for it. We agreed due to the fact we were so tired. Nothing regarding service fee per day etc....not explained at desk.Once getting to the room all went down hill. Hair from previous guest....torn sheets and towels and used bandaids. Expressed our concern a couple times. Finally talked to Hotel manager Roberto and took $44 of bill. He said he would make sure everything would taken care of which did not. The vomit we had to walk through to get to our room each day still there when we left. Poor management. No follow through.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in the north side of the hotel. The hallways and our room were dark because of the decor. The room was really dark! First impression was to turn on all the lights and even then that wasn't enough. There is a window in the room but it is partially blocked on one side because of this black decor (?) that limits the amount of light that enters the room. Mind you, I'm not old and/or losing my vision. We pulled up a picture of our room on PH's website and it looks nothing like the picture... They must've done a panorama and some photoshopping...

Check-in was really slow! Yes, we were there at 4pm on a holiday weekend, but shouldn't they have anticipated that it was going to be busy? There was a very long line at check-out also. Thank goodness we used express check-out from our room.

Parking - valet is complimentary if there's space. Sometimes they'll block it with the "full" sign but if you show your room key, they'll let you in.

No fridge, no coffee maker. I guess it's Vegas, they want you in their casino as much as possible, not in your room.

Bed was comfy. Room was old but clean. I just wish it wasn't so dark!!!!
Great central location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robinson, TX (near Waco)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great view, great rooms, very clean. Fun casino. Great club. Excellent scenery. Great restaurants. You name it.

Only complaint was only 2-3 elevators out of 6 worked. And they were very hot.

I can't imagine a place with a better price or value for a great experience in Vegas.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would do it again with out a doubt... I had never been to planet hollywood before and honestly I had an awesome time and the service n food was of the chain. The atmosphere feels exciting n cheerful. And well I had no complains wat so ever. Every where u looked thwre was beautiful woman including the great servers.... my next trip will b planned and set for planet hollywood n lookin forward to it. Dont kno y it took me so long to go there

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Right next to Paris and across from Cosmopolitan and Bellagio, you are in a prime spot. The rooms are tired-- we had 3 booked. My parents' was OK, ours was next door and the closet was an armoire with the door missing. So, not only did we have to look at our stuff hanging there but my dresses touched the floor. The faucets in the bathroom are crusted with lime scale which made me want to go buy a bottle of Lime-Away. We actually complained and were moved to a room with real closets and a bigger bathroom. However, the tv in that room didn't work, nor did the safe. And you had to crawl under furniture and unplug stuff to be able to charge your electronics.

My parents loved that waitresses came around often with free drinks while they gambled, even on slots. The buffet was really good. Actually food stations rather than endless troughs of food. The BURGR place by Gordon Ramsay was excellent. Hotel is also atached to a mall if you want to shop. Pool area is OK with very few chairs around the pool area. Spring break pool gets a bit rowdy but it's Vegas. They want you to pay for the loungers in that area. Ridiculous, even for LV.

Room Tip: If you book a standard room, you'll want to keep the curtains closed--that's how crappy the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!