I had a great night sleep at Planet Hollywood - something not to be taken for granted in Vegas. Loud music and drunken yelling frequently are wake-up calls in the middle of the night. Not this time. There was even a huge wind/rain/thunderstorm that kept many of my associates who stayed in other hotels awake, however I heard nothing. The bed was comfortable, the room spacious, the black out curtains appreciated and the doors blocked hallway sounds.
Unexpected were the items from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that dotted the room, including a cross bow and a cheerleader outfit. I thought that was fun, and wondered if there might have been an "X-Files" room, one of my favorite TV shows. (My room was 849 for the Buffy fans.)
I loved the huge tub and the nice big desk in the room that was great for working. Something other reviewers posted was noticable to me: some overall wear and tear (scuffed floors, scraped bathroom cabinets, stained carpets in the elevator area.) While somewhat unsightly, the hotel was very clean in most all areas I visited.
What I didn't like: being charged for every extra. The price of this hotel should include the use of the gym (which was pretty minimal overall) and I feel a coffee maker in the room is a nice touch. Best Westerns have complimentary coffee and they are a fraction of the price! I felt lucky to have the one bar of soap I had to share between the shower and the sink.
The gym is included in the "Day Spa" price, their work around to get you to pay extra for that visit. I was the only woman using the gym at the time I visited. The spa was nice but had bottle caps and dirty towels laying around. They did provide juice and coffee but overall, I didn't feel it was worth the extra charge, especially when all I wanted was a morning workout.
All in all, I was happy with my room and it's cleanliness, and the great night sleep, and that's what's most important when traveling on business!
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Hotel
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. After all, the resort is known for hosting some of the biggest film stars as they debut their newest films. Here everybody's PHamous! Dine like a star at Koi, the Hollywood hotspot where Japanese tradition meets California innovation or Strip House, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. On the casino floor, Heart Bar, The Playing Field and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. Upstairs on The Mezz, Gallery Nightclub and the PCD Burlesque Saloon are a star-studded one-two punch of glamorous nightlife, while Holly Madison takes sexy center stage in the striptease spectacle PEEPSHOW. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Pleasure Pool. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vegas.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.