“Very energetic place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #101 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
L.C.
“Very energetic place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for his 60th birthday,first time to Vegas.We stayed on a non smoking floor(12th) our"Preditor 2" room was in the North Tower facing off the strip and it was very quiet.Very clean,bed was good and T.V. was good,nice bathroom although it could use a fan in the toilet room and I really missed a coffee maker in the room.The Casino was great very lively always full.The Miricle Mile mall was huge also, alittle pricey but the restaurants there were pretty good.Its Vegas everything costs alittle more!Loved where it was situated on the strip very central to all the action.Check in and check out was very fast!The only other complaint would be we were supposed to get hold of Showtime Shuttle to take us back to the airport 24hrs before check out and you could not get hold of them ,the concierge at the hotel said they are the worst for not answering and then if you do get through you can be on hold forever,needless to say we had an awesome cab driver that took us back to the airport. If you did not need to leave this hotel you would not have to,eating, gaming ,shopping all right here!

Room Tip: Our room on the non smoking 12th floor was very quiet we did not face the strip.

8,251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Booked a trip to experience March Madness at the Planet Hollywood! Upon reading a lot of the reviews on Tripadvisor about Planet Hollywood, I almost changed my reservation. A lot of them are very negative. I have VIP memberships at many hotel clubs and I DO have a critical eye. For PH, I found most of the negative reviews for this unwarranted, or simply not my experience. Sure, it is loud and "night club-ish." But no one should be surprised by that! I am *near* 50 and loved the lively atmosphere. Sure the rooms are not pristine and the pillows were not great, but hardly deal-killers for me. I am NOW amused at the reviews on here where someone went to pieces because the resort was loud, found a spot of dirt, saw a nick in the room furniture. Perhaps that was THEIR experience, but it was not mine. The PH was fun, lively, lots of dining options, and the March Madness event was a lot of fun, too! I would be happy to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed a night during a quick trip and have no complaints. The price was very good and the location was perfect for our group as we were looking to find some easy variety during a short stay. I will stay there again and hopefully will have a similar experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The location of this hotel/casino is the main reason we picked it. It’s in the heart of the LV strip.
It’s a big place. Our room was great with views of the Pool and the Eiffel Tower. The pros: free valet parking(tip only), Earl of Sandwich, great pool, Shopping.
CONS: Big place, we didn’t win anything at the casino, pricey drinks.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed in Vegas, the first time was at a casino that was dead most of the time and located in a less than lively area. This time I stayed at Planet Hollywood and its just what I needed, the casino is lively all hours of the day, its centrally located with lots to do around it and the property is just gorgeous! I will say though that the pool area is a bit expensive given the prior property I went to. Free seating is very limited near the pools which means you're likely to sit poolside all day if you want some action. There are padded beds and cabanas but those cost money, the nicer the more expensive!

Unfortunately I do have one rather negative thing to say about this casino, while at the pool one day I watched a man have a seizure, although there is speculation (heresay from my friends) that the man had asked his friends not to receive medical attention during these episodes...I found the lifeguard's responsiveness terribly alarming. She was sitting maybe 20 feet from the man and peered over for what seemed a very long time (but probably 2 minutes) before non-nonchalantly getting down from her chair to come over and investigate. Once arriving she stood there unresponsive for another few moments finally making her way to get help but with no alarm, there was no running, no yelling and generally just no sense of urgency. Eventually EMT's arrived and the man was escorted off only to return later and continue drinking and playing (interesting). Since it is possible the man asked to not receive care and the staff is required to observe those instructions, I will say this, beware of the lifeguard's responsiveness and your control over drinking responsibly...you could find yourself in an unfavorable situation for longer than an acceptable amount of time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although my stay was ok (for work meeting in Vegas-2 nights), I am noting some things that visitors should be aware of. I travel a lot, I know everyone now nickel & dime's you-- I really hope that the FCC starts making all these ridiculous resort fees illegal. I paid 22.40/night extra for a resort fee, which strangely enough, you still have to pay to use the fitness center. I didn't use the pool or the internet. So annoying. If I pay this ridiculous fee, I want a coffee maker in my room, a newspaper, a bottle of gratis bottled water....NADA-gimme something!!!! The Starbucks line in the lobby, I waited in twice, half an hour each time- they really need to get that situation fixed-it was so frustrating, I just want 1 black coffee. Overall, the bed was good, the tv good, clean enough, quiet enough..I just feel like a bottle of water, or least a bottle you can buy would be a big upgrade for this "Resort Fee", or a simple coffee coffee maker... I won't be staying here a again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in Planet Hollywood for 5 days, check in was very fast, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade for an extra $20 a night for a view of the Belliago fountains, we did not do this, we felt we paid enough for the room as it is. We got a quiet room to the back of the hotel. Our package included breakfast which we discovered was $18 dollars a day to spend in Star bucks, was disappointed with this as we thought it would be a proper breakfast as advertised when we made our reservation. Rooms are clean and comfortable but rooms are dated and there are lots of scratches on the furniture. Hotel is right on the strip and is close to everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!