“Its Vegas Baby” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“Its Vegas Baby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Its hard to pick which Hotel you want to stay at in Vegas but for first timers, Planet Hollywood does offer a fantastic product right in the heart of the strip.
From Check in, you get a sense that its a pretty funky property but it also has a nice touch of class about it.
The rooms are a little dark but nothing to really worry about when your in Vegas. Located is fantastic as it is across the road from Bellagio and next door to Paris. You can basically walk out and pick left or right to see the sights of the Strip.
We ate a couple of times at the 24hr Restaurant down in the Casino floor and surprisingly, the food was actually really nice. They have a big menu and the servings are very generous.
We didn't have any problems at all with anything so can't comment on the Staff service apart from Check in & Out but that was great anyway.
Miracle Mile shopping mall is located within the property so its easy to do a quick shop for anything you may need.
I would say that this is the perfect property & demographic for 21-45yr old's who are very happy to enjoy their time in Vegas. If you want more opulent, book elsewhere.... This place lets you have fun & be who you want in Vegas without the big price tag.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have traveled to Las Vegas many times, and I just got back home yesterday to celebrate my partner's birthday. We both stayed in Planet Hollywood for 3 nights and we loved it. The hotel's price was a shock to us because we traveled in the off-peak time.

Like:
- Good location: In the middle of the Strip, next to Walgreen and McDonald. Close by Paris hotel and in front of Bellagio. Do not feel weird when I say that next to Walgreen was a reason why I was so glad to stay this hotel, because when my partner was got extreme headache at 3 am, I ran down to the Walgreen and bought some medicines. Thanks for that.
- Big room: yes, it's clean and well-maintained room
- Nice casino
- Entertainment: bar, restaurants, theaters... all in one at this hotel

Unlike:
- Fitness Center: 25$ for a day pass. Well, I dont complain about the price bc all of hotels in Vegas do the same. However, Fitness Center is kinda old and equipments need to be upgraded.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday at 1pm and had a 10 minute wait to check in. I was pleasantly surprised we did not get charged an early check in fee. Our rooms were comped for a standard room however we were upgraded to a strip view with a view of Bellagio Fountains! Room 3665, if you are looking for a quiet room meaning no noise from the street than this room is not for you. We could still hear sirens and Bellagio

We ate at Spice Market Buffett which I have found to always be good. We had breakfast at Planet Dailey's and had excellent service.

The area that needs a little TLC in my opinion is in the room areas. There is no excuse for black grout. There also were stains around all fixtures in the bathroom. The carpet in the room was fine but in my opinion any room where you have a guest should be clean.

We loved the location on the strip. All employees we came in contact with seemed to enjoy their jobs and appreciated our business.

I highly recommend the chocolate martini if you are looking for a cocktail!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We had the horrible idea to rent the Premium suite, and at ninght a burglar went in to the room as we slept I woke up chased him up to the emergency stairs, which I did not continue to do for my safety and called security, they could not do anything at the moment beause the person responsable does not work on weekends. The buglar took two watches mine and my roommates and money from our wallets. The hotel put it all on my as I got charged 2,000 usd for the weekend on top of being robbed. So a bit of advice pay more and stay at a hotel that has controled access to the rooms, and if you do get robbed at PH try to do so during the week, or you wilk have to wait until monday to the man incharge.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Worth signing up for total rewards emails to get good rates. For what I paid this was decent.
However if you are charged 3 figures for a room you will feel ripped off.

Firstly the good:
Nice vibrant and fun casino
Good buffet
Spacious pool lounging area
Big flatscreen tv
Attached to a mall
Pretty much attached to a walgreens for cheap snacks, booze, souvenirs etc.
Central to the strip
Hollywood memorabilia in room
Early check in (for a price: $25)
friendly cleaners
Safe in room
Comfy beds and separate loo
Almost attached to paris
No resort fees

Bad:
Timeshare people everywhere trying to sell
Buffet is expensive for what is
Mall is expensive
Tiny pools (went in nov so didn't go in)
Worn looking fixtures and showers
Bit of a maze (use the mezzanine signs above to get your bearings)
No monorail station
Security seems non existent as maybe 4 times I got bums trying to get money from me.

Ugly:
We got in at 11:15am so were happy to pay for early check in. We happened to be at front desk another day about 30 mins before check in time and they still wanted $25 to check in 30 mins early. That sounds harsh.

Location is great and rooms are decent if you can get a good deal. Would probably stay again with a good rate only. Paid $210 for 3 nts Inc a Saturday (which are always dear).

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here from Nov. 19-22. 3 rooms under my name, but we had a total of 4 rms.
I've been in the hospitality industry for almost 10 years, and I can not believe that this place has such rude staff members.

I tried to check in early, but they told me that there would be a $15 fee. Which is understandable, but come on, I have 3 rooms, can't they be a bit more accomodating if they want my business in the future. It's not like we are staying for 1 night and 1 rm only. At the hotels I've worked at, we will be more than happy to check the guest in early if the room is available. We've stayed at the Treasure Island and they allowed us to check in at 10am with no additional fee. Plus, their hotel was a lot nicer. When I said early check in, this was around 1pm. So, we decided to go and waste our money on their slot machines instead. At 3pm, we went back down to the desk to check in. The guy made a smart remarked, "oh you tried to check in earlier, but didn't want to pay the fee." That was totally uncalled for. To make things worst, only 2 of our rooms were available to check in because the other one isn't cleaned yet. That is absolutely unaccaptable! They made a big deal about check in time is at 3pm and yet my room isn't available?!? Told me to come back in a few hours again to pick up the 3rd key.

To make matters worst, on the 2nd day, one of the room never got cleaning service. The gal called down a total of 5 times just to get their rm cleaned. UNACCEPTABLE! They even left the room so someone could come and clean it for them. From 10am-5pm after 5 calls, someone finally came to service the room. Also, that night, the water on our floor was shut off. I called down the desk and they said they left a note or a vmail. We didn't get any sort of notice at all. I had soap all over my hand and had to use water bottles to wash it off.

This so called resort needs a lot of work. The bathroom doesn't even have a fan!!! Seriously, it's almost 2013 Planet Hollywood!!!

I am giving this place 1 star for their convenient location and another star for Earl's and the shops on their property.

Would I stay here again? NO!!!

I hope someone from their management staff is reading this review and will take the time to respond if they truly care about their Guests that stayed at their property. I hope they will use this review as a learning tool on how to improve with their customer service. We stayed on the 12th floor if you would like to pin point on who is writing this review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Planet Hollywood resort & casino and everything was excellent once again! The rooms are clean and modern, the bathrooms are a little dated but not a big deal. The casino is our favorite in Vegas. It has a much younger crowd, with fun dealers and excellent wait staff! The buffet is great with endless options, it caters to every pallette. The location is the best in Vegas! We stayed on the 36th floor and enjoyed watching the Bellagio fountain shows from our room. They have a wonderful mall there and plenty of restaurants to choose from if you don't want a buffet. All around, this is our favorite place to stay in Vegas. We will be returning very soon! Best of luck :)

Room Tip: The 36th floor has amazing views of the strip.