“Good Value for a Good Room!!” 4 of 5 stars

Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   99 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109   |
Ranked #133 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Value for a Good Room!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked this room on Hotwire.com so I didn't get to see what hotel I was staying in until after I booked the room. I stayed Friday-Sunday for $55 a night. This hotel is just off the strip by Circus Circus. I have to admit I was a little worried considering the price I paid for the room but I was very pleasantly surprised. The king size bed was comfy and the room had updated ceramic tile in the bathroom and a mini fridge. No free wi-fi (which kinda sucked) but overall I was very satisfied. I enjoyed not being right on the strip. It's near a Denny's, 7-11 and Walgreens (very convenient) and had a great pool. I would stay there again for sure. I'm glad I took the gamble on Hotwire and it was much better then a Super 8 or Days Inn or anything like that.

Room Tip: Plan on paying for internet if you want it during your stay. There is no casino in this hotel but it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We hope you enjoyed your stay and are glad you had a good experience at the Royal. We would be happy to welcome you back anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 14 nights. First I was a little scared because of all the reviews at tripadvisor. But I've made a really good deal though! We arrived at 2.00PM and there was already a room available, so we didn't have to wait. We asked for a room with a micro (in advance) and I saw it on the reservation as a comment. We were able to choose a room (parkinglot view, Riviera view of pool view). We had a room with a balcony, too bad there was a hearwave going on... We get a parking permit without asking. The hotel is perfect if you want a hotel within walking distance to Treasure Island, but too far to walk to Monte Carlo etc. There are restaurants across the street (Denny's, Peppermill -> very good by the way).

The room was large enough to store your belongings. We had fresh sheets en plenty of pillows! There was even a second sheet available if necessary. De shower had enough pressure, but a little bit too low for us (we're kind of large..). The refridgerator was large and very cold! Also the a/c worked fine for us, even in de heatwave (with temperatures like 117F!). Our room get cleaned every day, good service! So was the pool, fresh towels every day. The cabana's were lovely and they didn't charge any fee for it.

I have one minus: the walls were thin as paper! You could exactly hear what you're neighbors were talking about. Get some earplugs!

But I want to recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who doesn't want to stay in the Strip, but does want the entertainment on the Strip within walking distance. I loved it, for me THE surprise of Vegas (was my second time in Vegas)! Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful and in-depth review of the Royal! Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas and we were happy to accommodate you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fuss free stay at the Royal recently. Come out the front door, turn left and 30 yards down the road lies the Strip which probably gives this place the best 'off strip' location there is. The rooms are spacious and very well kept with fridge, coffee making facilities, flat screen TV and good furnishings. The pool and spa are also excellent given its size. Staff were very attentive and when we had a problem with loud music in the room the next door they got straight on it and they let us use their internet facilties free of charge when we had to book our flights home. A stones throw away are an excellent Indian buffet, taco joint, Dennys and Strip Liquor. If you fancy doing Vegas on a budget then check this place out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Royal! We hope you will stay with us again next time you're in Vegas. We're glad you had a pleasant experience!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Please don't discredit this hidden surprise. It is just around the corner from the strip, isn't as glitzy at Caesars Palace or similar but spot on for comfort and cost I booked it via Trip Advisor and the room cost just a staggering low cost of $69USD per night - wonderful. The room was comparable to any 4 star hotel in size, comfort of bed, bathroom and other facilities, location superb for us as we didn't want anything too bright or noisy which we would get on the strip.

We did not eat in the dining room, so cannot comment on that aspect - this hotel doesn't serve breakfast but as the Encore is right next door, that wasn't a problem for us.

The concierge was extremely helpful when we wanted tickets on a Grand Canyon tour. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Every room would be good - check it out on the net first as it depends what you're looking for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the Royal. We value your comments and business. Please stay with us again soon!
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend had booked a room for us at the Royal resort and I have to say I don't have any complaints. The room was clean, was given fresh towels when I asked and the pool area was also clean. It is a great location, just right off the strip about a 5 minute walk. There is a Denny's and Walgreen right up the block and Ross Clothing store that opens til 12 am(if you need an outfit for a club night). But the highlight was JOE VENTO!!!! Such a cool guy who played a couple of numbers on the piano, I even broke out and sang to a couple of the tunes he played. Overall, you won't be disappointed if you were to choose this place. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Sounds like you had a great vacation! Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate your time and comments. We hope you will visit the Royal again soon - and tell your friends!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

WOW! I've been to Vegas many times and stayed at many Hotels, (Known bigger Hotels), and Royal Resort beats some of those bigger Hotels with flying colors. I was impressed, more impressed than expected when I walked into Royal Resort. Nice lobby and when I walked into the room...WOW! Very Nice! And I didn't pay that much to stay here. Also had a mini fridge and coffee maker which some of the other bigger Hotels charge a fee for that. And the staff was very friendly! Will defiantly stay here again! Thank You Royal Resort!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Your welcome! Your great review is very much appreciated! Thanks for staying with us - we hope you return again soon.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My studio suite had a comfortable king bed, a flat-screen TV, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and last but certainly not least -- a balcony. The property is clean and quiet, yet a very short distance from the north end of the Strip. Rates are beyond reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Royal! We hope you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you return next time you visit Las Vegas!

Been to Royal Vacation Suites Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!