“Works well as a boutiquey home base for partying.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #109 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver, Canada
“Works well as a boutiquey home base for partying.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel itself is pretty nice, modernized with a boutique-hotel look and feel to it. Service was very pleasant with helpful, knowledgeable, and attractive staff. The rooms were above average in finish, cleanliness, and quality of furnishings.

All in all, I would stay here again. This hotel is ideal as a well priced home base for partying and getting the most out of the Fremont Experience and downtown area. It's one of the only places in the area that has a contemporary feel to it, and it's only a block away from the express bus down to the strip.

A few things that people may take issue with:
1) there were some guests saying elevator wait times were an annoyance, although i never experienced more than a 1 minute wait for one (but i get up late)...there was also a sign saying two more elevators were being put in soon though,
2) elevators were out of service for 3-4 hours one morning after a lightning strike the night before, so they only had one cab in service operated by an attendant during this time,
3) there is loud music playing in the casino 24/7 - you'll like it or hate it, but at least you can choose to gamble here or not,
4) there is a concert stage right below the windows on one side of the building, so sleeping before 2am on certain nights would be tough if you need peace and quiet,

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I called the night before I checked in to confirm all the details about my room. Specifically that I wanted a king smoking room and to make sure that was what I would be getting. When I called, I was told that that was fine and that would be what I got upon check in. Upon arriving at The D, we were told that the parking garage for guests was full and to go to valet. We pulled through valet, and the attendant immediately rolls down the driver side window without even saying a word. Now, that is normally not an issue for most people, but we didn't even have a chance to explain that that window doesn't roll back up without a mechanic taking the door apart and doing it manually before he rolled it down. Long story short, we still had to park in the garage with a down window all weekend. Forward to check in. The front desk staff told me that I can either have a smoking double queen or a non smoking king, those were my only options. The manager (Chris is his name) told me that smoking rooms came on a first come, first serve basis. Well, no one on the phone had cared to explain that to me. Because I was already pretty upset, he said he would give me a $30 food and drink voucher. I thought that was pretty cool, until I tried to use it and it was only good for a $5 discount. On top of all this, the elevators take forever to get you to your floor, there is no such thing as a quick trip to your room. I have found many of the staff members to be quite rude and unhelpful. I understand that Memorial Day weekend is a busy time, but I had stayed here this time last year and had a great time. I am sad to say that this will absolutely be my last stay at The D. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The doorman Eric on the freemont side is the only reason for this horrible review. I stayed here with my children on 5-20-15. We walked through the casino to freemont so we could see sights. When my daughter and I tried coming back in. Eric at the door said children aren't allowed in. I said we have to use the bathroom we have a room here. He said it was against policy to allow children inside. I wish I would of known that Eric would refuse us our room before I paid. He was incredibly unprofessional. I would advise people to go elsewhere. Refusing me entrance was illegal. Thanks door man Eric.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here while on a business trip to Las Vegas when there weren't many choices available on the main strip area. I was a bit suspicious at first as the cost of the stay was extremely low.
The Hotel is right on the Fremont street experience and is very very lively with thousands of people walking around drunk. The Lobby gave a very professional and clean outlook with professional staff who checked me in quickly.

The room was definitely better than it was rated on the website that I used to book it, as it was recently renovated (it seemed like it) with modern amenities & clean. The internet was average speed and it didnt keep me from working out of my room when I needed to. The room service was also very courteous and expedient.

The only drawback staying at this location was that it got pretty loud at night as there were concerts going on downstairs at the Fremont street experience.

Room Tip: try to get a room on a higher floor if you sleep early.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We asked for a non smoking room as myself and my son are very severe asthmatics. When we got to our floor, it was smoking and the previous people had been smoking in the room which caused a few health problems especially when the people in the adjoining room were smoking and it was coming under the connecting door. That was the only bad thing about this place. Great location, transport at your door, plenty of places to eat, lots of entertainment. Would I stay here again. Staff were very helpful and lovely.Yes I would. But next time, I would make it very clear about our health problems and the need to stay in a non smoking area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed April 29th thru May 2nd. Arrived about noon and my room was ready. Dropped luggage in room, Avery had arranged for me to be on the quiet side, never heard anything even Friday night before the fight.

Great meals at the D Grill & hot dogs at Nathan's. The floors & dealers on the table games and great - friendly & accommodating.

Have returned trip planned for December and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this property starting when it was the Fitzgerald. The D offers a low priced, basic, clean, and no frills room right in the heart of the Fremont Street Experience. Good food, great high energy casino, and a hard working staff. If you are expecting the lap of luxury this place isnt for you.

That is my review, as basic and straight to the point as the hotel itself. If you are easily offended, have no sense of humor, or take yourself to serious please dont read on...

What I have learned of reviews is people are much more motivated to write a bad review than a good one. A good experience is always expected and largely goes unnoticed.

I was reading reviews here as well as other sites and noticed some common threads among the negative reviews of The D and downtown Fremont Street hotels in general.

1. Complaints of smoke smell in rooms,hallways, or casino. Despite your objections some people still choose to use this legal product knowing the health risks. If you have health issues or one of the overly sensitive people who gasp and wheeze if a person is smoking two miles upwind, a simple Google search will reveal many totally non smoking properties.

2 Complaints of the noise from Fremont Street. Freemont Steet is the heart of the late night party in Las Vegas. Famous for outdoor live bands, night clubs, and people in the street all night, sometimes making noise. If you want to lay your delicate head on the pillow at 8 PM and expect the party to notice the do not disturb sign on your door, you picked the wrong area of town.
There are many low key hotels on the Strip that cater to the 80 year old set, or old at heart.

3. Complains of a rude staff. Many of these hotels have a staff of hundreds or even thousands. I see many one star reviews based on this alone. I highly doubt there was a grand conspiracy and everyone was rude to you. Most likely one person gave you a slight (real or imagined) or didnt kiss your butt at a key moment and you decide to throw everyone under the bus.

4. Complaints about the Resort Fee. If a person does any reseach of Vegas hotels at all were bound to come across the fact that most, not all, charge a resort fee. It may not be a good value, but you were not exactly tricked. If the extra $100-$150 sent your finances into a tail spin I can about imagine how fun your vacation was. The Four Queens doesnt charge a resort fee. You can stay there where you no doubt will find something else to complain about.

Lastly I was not an english major and never claimed to be. Some offended egghead will find fault with my grammar and/or spelling. To be fair I did warn you not to read on.

Thanks for your attention and see you at The D!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!