This review is of only the casino.
We went to the D on 3 of the 5 days we were in vegas. We played blackjack on the first day. The dealer was also from Detroit and he was good. Funny and friendly. It was a Saturday morning and all the blackjack tables were at $10 already which was surprising. The did away with every double deck blackjack game. We were told only free bet and super fun 21 were available at double deck which really sucks. I won't play blackjack there now so I'm really hoping they bring it back.
We spent most of our time at the Vue bar. The Red Wings were playing so we sat at the bar and watched the game. The bartenders were a lot of fun. They do the flair bartending and it's fun to watch plus they were all friendly. The one guy made me a drink when I was sick to my stomach that actually worked. The video poker pay tables are outstanding. The bonus poker is a 3 way progressive which is awesome. My wife hit a royal flush on the 25 cent machine and she has no idea how to play. Only put $20 in to get the comped drinks and hit the royal. Unreal. Within 10 minutes the guy next to me hit a royal on the $1 machine for $4000. 30 minutes after that I was dealt a natural royal flush which is insane. My wife and I hit the progressive royal and both were less than 1200 which means someone hit it just before us. Pretty sweet.
Overall the casino was a really fun atmosphere. Great pay tables on video poker. High pay back on slots. OK blackjack. 10x odds on craps. Music was loud but not obnoxious. We have a host now and plan on staying there next trip. We stayed at luxor this time and found ourselves traveling on the sdx to the d all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is located on the iconic Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, owned and operated by Derek and Greg Stevens. The D delivers a fresh, energeticattitude and fun atmosphere that has become synonymous with the Neapolitan area. The D Las Vegas Hotel provides a haven of rest and relaxation just a few steps away from the city's popular attractions like the Fremont Street Experience, Neon Museum, and Zip-lining. The property has recently completed extensive renovations with 638 remodeled contemporary rooms, showroom with daily entertainment, multiple dining restaurants, Vegas' only two-level casino, and numerous high-energy bars. Whatever the reason for your visit, The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is an excellent choice for your stay in Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Casino And Hotel
- Fitzgeralds Hotel Las Vegas
- Ramada Las Vegas
- Fitzgeralds Las Vegas