“The casino and vue bar are a blast ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #108 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“The casino and vue bar are a blast ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This review is of only the casino.

We went to the D on 3 of the 5 days we were in vegas. We played blackjack on the first day. The dealer was also from Detroit and he was good. Funny and friendly. It was a Saturday morning and all the blackjack tables were at $10 already which was surprising. The did away with every double deck blackjack game. We were told only free bet and super fun 21 were available at double deck which really sucks. I won't play blackjack there now so I'm really hoping they bring it back.

We spent most of our time at the Vue bar. The Red Wings were playing so we sat at the bar and watched the game. The bartenders were a lot of fun. They do the flair bartending and it's fun to watch plus they were all friendly. The one guy made me a drink when I was sick to my stomach that actually worked. The video poker pay tables are outstanding. The bonus poker is a 3 way progressive which is awesome. My wife hit a royal flush on the 25 cent machine and she has no idea how to play. Only put $20 in to get the comped drinks and hit the royal. Unreal. Within 10 minutes the guy next to me hit a royal on the $1 machine for $4000. 30 minutes after that I was dealt a natural royal flush which is insane. My wife and I hit the progressive royal and both were less than 1200 which means someone hit it just before us. Pretty sweet.

Overall the casino was a really fun atmosphere. Great pay tables on video poker. High pay back on slots. OK blackjack. 10x odds on craps. Music was loud but not obnoxious. We have a host now and plan on staying there next trip. We stayed at luxor this time and found ourselves traveling on the sdx to the d all the time.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Polish first
Wailuku, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Right off I noticed that the parking was bad. Self parking started on the 7th floor with the first 6 floors empty valet stalls. Every night we parked on the 9th or 10th floor. Tip for the D....assign less valet stalls in the slow season.
The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job. The rooms was renovated a few years back with new carpet and furniture but the quality of the workmanship wasn't that great but it was livable.
The casino is loud and jumping. The crowd was mostly a younger crowd which made it fun. Most of the staff was helpful and on it. Since the D is next to the Fremont Hotel and the Four Queens and a stage on the Fremont Experience, it had a lot of action especially when live band play.
If I was a nitpicking cheapster, it would have gotten a lower rating. But all-in-all we had a good time at the D.
When on vacation don't worry and don't sweat the small stuff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

there's nothing really wrong with the hotel the only problem I had was the water pressure in the shower and the temperature of the water we had cold water for like 3 days straightthe elevator system was fine you just have to know how to work the elevator is totally different than what people are used to we didn't have to wait half an hour or 15 minutes we were pretty good with elevator.we didn't hear any noise because we were on the 26th floor facing non Fremont side so ask for the side that's not facing Fremont Street and you'll have a quiet night.the d's was pretty good I really enjoyed it me and my husband.we will be returning

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've been to Vegas many times over the past decade or so, and I've always stayed on the strip. My older brother stays here regularly and convinced us that downtown was the way to go, and The D was the place to be. He put us in touch with one of the hosts (Avery), and I can't say enough about the way we were treated, particularly considering he didn't know us at all and we'd never been to this casino.

We really didn't know what to expect, but the rooms were nicer than anticipated and the casino floor itself was fun and vibrant. The elevators got a little backed up at times, but that's to be expected with the big groups of people filing in and only so many elevators to accommodate. The music was definitely up on the casino floor, but I'm ok with that - it feels more like a party and makes for a fun atmosphere (we went down the street once to check out another casino and I felt like we were in a funeral parlor). I digress.

The dealers are all personable, and the craps guys and gals are second to none. They are all helpful and consistently remembered me and my friends and made us feel welcome at the tables whenever we showed up.

At the end of our trip, our flight got delayed blast-minute after we were already supposed to check out, and Avery went out of his way to keep our rooms until 5pm and got us a ride in style to the airport!

With great treatment like that, how can we not come back (sooner rather than later hopefully)?

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The D is a fabulous hotel, since I live here in Vegas, I take Stacations instead of Vacations! I got the corner king premium room located on 32nd floor. It had panoramic views of city and paid only $60 in all includind taxes and resort fee! When people here of down town Vegas they think of smoky low end hotels but actually the rooms are quite nice, not noisy and very inexpensive. Plus you have access to Fremont Street Experience! Think Mardis Gras....everynight!

Room Tip: Select a room Mon- Thursday for best rates
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Kentwood, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Have been coming to this property for 30 years. Any other company now in charge. They are making some facility improvements but in pursuit of a new crowd have raised table stakes and seem not to value the long time customers. Restaurant food has improved.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!