“Make Reservations with reservation” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #108 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Marysville, Washington
“Make Reservations with reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our Reservations were overbooked and on arrival were no longer available. King Rooms were now gone so we had a choice of 2 Queens or upgrade to "Corner King Room. The upgrade would be at $15.00 more. Had to upgrade as we wanted one bed. We had been promised a corner room which would be also quieter. The Long Bar was directly beneath our window as well as the Band on Fremont Street, which stopped at about 1:00 am. So much for quiet those nights. One good thing was that the room was the first one at the elevator stop. The ice machine was close but did not work for the eight days we were there. We had just one bad elevator day as they were doing remodel to increase elevator size. The elevators had a problem that caused them to shut down for about an hour. We were able to use the House Keeping elevator with a staff member operating it. I did notice that other people were now leaving to another motel. Wonder if we should have moved as well.

Room Tip: Away from Fremont Street.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Back in December I had the pleasure of meeting the casino host for The D named Rhami at a function in Detroit.He was telling me about the changes at the d and I told him myself and 4 frinds would be in Vegas in February and I told him we would come check it out. I had planned on visitung the d to bring friends to see the Frankie Scinta show anyways..which I will speak of in a moment. Prior to my arrival in vegas Rhami anf I spoke and he arranged dinner reservations at the andiamos steak house for us along with a ride to the d from the bellagio. I was pretty impressed so far but waited to see if he kept his word. Sure enough Rhami sent a stretch limo to the bellagio to pick us up. The driver was named charles. What a professional he was. Class all the way. Upon arriving at the d Rhami made a point to greet us,show us around and got us to our dinner reservations. Impressed,you bet. Miguel was our server that evening. The food was amazing. I highly recommend the table side ceaser salad and filet. Miguel made a meal for 5 a true dining experience. So dinner was over and there was our attentive host Rhami awaiting to take us to the show. If you've never seem the scintas and you are in vegas,GO!!!! A show that will have you laughing ,crying, singing and leaving with a smile on your face a mile wide! Rhami met us after the show and took us down to the longbar. Wow. The bartender tony is a show in himself. The drinks were priced fairly and service was spot on. After our evening sadly came to an end,Charles returned us to the bellagio.
I've been to vegas many many times. I always stay at the bellagio for the service. Well the bellagio could learn a thing or 2 about service from the D!
The D has a wide variety of machines including coin machines on the second floor. The atmosphere is one of fun and true vegas style entertainment. We had so much fun that night we returned the next night.

I,hands down,was beyond impressed with EVERY aspect of the d. Next time,I will be staying at the d for sure.

• Stayed February 2015
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you want to stay in Fremont Street this is a good Hotel. Location good 150metres to FStreet. Good to stay 1-2 nights then move on. No tea or coffee facilities in room BIG disappointing. Offered T & C in am in foyer coffee for a few hrs but other than that you have to buy it at the bar in the evenings & wait ages. Quite location. Lovely pool. Friendly helpful staff . Long wait for Valet parking pick up not enough staff waited up to 25minutes. All in all value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here February 11 and 12. Front desk personnel was professional and efficiently handled my reservation, however I was tired after traveling and wanted to check in and freshen up - see Vegas. It was around noon....I was told I could check my bags and come back to the desk in an hour. I did that, and my same room type was not available but one similar but on a next lower floor, not panoramic view as reserved. For my inconvenience, they generously offered a $15 dining credit and it was adjusted to the lower room rate, which made me happy. Gaming at the D is 'meh'. Unless you are into the old vintage machines upstairs, or tables, the gaming seems jammed into a maze of a few machines. The Long Bar was long and unattended by patrons or bartenders. The room decor was nice, view was good, air conditioner roared loud, but I did like the room quite alot. Beds super comfy. BUT THE ELEVATORS....Let me just say, that we in America today do not need to re-create the concept of the elevator. We want to push a button at the elevator bank, have one arrive in short order, get on and quickly get to our floor. This elevator system is super wierd. You key in your room floor at the elevator bank. There is even an elevator concierge dude employed to explain the nuevo elevator concept. I thought he was kidding at first. It takes too long, and I wonder why this method even IS. I understand they are getting new elevators added to the puzzle to make it quicker. It's a wait; seems unnecessary. The Plaza has a nice 6-elevator bank and never a wait. I'd get off this quirky system and just 'let it ride' like we normally do.
D Grill was great food, cocktail service in casino was ok, but I don't think I'll hang there much. But I will give it another shot for sure. I'd stay here again just for the room, view and professional desk service.
Bell service was great too. Go teach the Plaza a thing or two in this area!

Room Tip: SUPER IMPORTANT - get a high floor. The view is great. Low rooms will hear the boom boom of Fremon...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Chariton,Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I visited Feb. 23rd -27th and were somewhat disappointed that we were unable to stay in the room that we reserved over two months ago. In December I reserved a premium corner king room. The "premium" corner king room is above the 15th floor, supposedly far enough to eliminate some of the noise from Fremont street. Upon checking in at approximately 4:00 we were told that a room on the higher floors was not available, and were given a "corner king" on the 4th floor right underneath the canopy on Fremont Street, with the promise to move the next day. Since this was our first day, we intended to be "out" until after the music had stopped at 1:00 AM anyway, so we took the room. I called the front desk the next day and was told that the room type I had reserved was still not available, and to call again on Wednesday. Since we had stayed up late the night before, I attempted to take a nap in the afternoon, but the constant noise directly outside our window made it impossible to sleep. Since we had reservations for a show on the strip, I didn't want to waste time changing rooms, and decided to stay where we were. Other than the noise, the room, hotel, and staff were very nice. People often complain about the elevators, but we had no issues (this may have been because we were on the 4th floor). My biggest gripe is, "what does a reservation get you" if they can't or won't honor it?

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Tsawwassen, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Its hard to write a review when I was never able to check into my room. I booked my room for 1 night through a web provider and when I went to check in at 7pm they said something along the line of "Yes, you're in our system but we have to deal/speak with the web provider before you can check in." Um....what? If you have an issue with my provider, its between you and them, not me. I was told to return later.... twice. My stay was for only one night. Long story short, around 3AM I told them to cancel my room and I slept in my rental car.
Never heard another word from them.

Thanks for nothing

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel to stay.... Amazing location, situated bang on Fremont Street Experience stages. People would certainly enjoy the fun in the evening with this hotel. They have many entertainment activities which includes their casino. All in all its a Value for money proposition. Only one thing which is higher thats the daily charges that they take.

Room Tip: Select this Hotel if you want Fremont Street's Live Experience.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!