“GREAT LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cheney, Washington
“GREAT LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is great. You walk directly out on Freemont Street.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable!! The only reason I didn't give it 5 circles is that the elevators were super slow and we had to use another hotel's pool. I'd stay there again in a minute!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This is a great location as it is right on Fremont Street. The beds were comfy and the rooms were nice and you cannot find better value for the price they are charging for their rooms. I got lucky and found A site where the price was $19 a night. But my friends booked in at $29 a night which was still super cheap. I do believe there is a resort fee but it is not that expensive and most Vegas hotels charge a resort fee.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The rooms and hotel were nice and clean. However their resort fee is $18 and they don't even have a hot tub and the pool closes at 7. They have nicer pools at motel 6. They should charge half of the resort fee. Probably won't stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As a business traveler, getting to the room to kick off my shoes is a big deal. I check in over an hour ago and found my room to be half way through the cleaning process. No linens on the bed, pillows on the floor, dirty towels on the floor. etc.

This stuff happens - but it is how the hotel recovers that makes a difference.

Called to the front Desk and they said someone would be up right away. 30 minutes later, I call again and they offer to put me in a different room.

Try #3, they tell me to meet them at another room at the 32nd floor. As I wait, the stair way door catches my attention - the elevators are VERY slow, so I thought I would open the door - the door knob fell off! This is the emergency fire exit!! After another 10 minute wait, went back to the front desk and got another room.

The front desk supervisor, gave us a $30 dining credit, which went into a bottle of wine.

As the previous reviews had stated, the music is WAY TO LOUD!!!. The person checking me in at the front desk had to lean over the counter and yell a couple of times. Not a very pleasant greeting.

I come to Vegas on business a few times per year. Thought I would try this "new" hotel which had a dirt cheap rate. NOT worth it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had heard the D renovated their rooms. We had a 7 night stay at Ballys, but to break things up, we decided to spend one night mid week downtown. The D corner king room was a good size. The king bed was very comfortable. The room also had a couch and chair. The bathroom was small but everything about the room was clean and new. We were very pleased. The elevator was a little confusing at first. You put your floor number in on the panel outside the elevator doors and were assigned an elevator. only that elevator would go to your floor. Once we figured it out, it was fine.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the D hotel due to a Navy ship reunion, otherwise, we would have been somewhere else. We ate at Golden Nugget because the food was very $$ at the D. The gambling areas were VERY smoky, dark and LOUD. The youngsters looked dazed and as lf they had been there for days. A bartender told my husband he had to gamble at least $50 in order to get a free drink while he sat at the 2nd floor bar Sorry, my man was raised in Las Vegas and once knew the score of how to keep 'em gambling and happy. Sleazy little dancers wiggled on the bars and little boxes set amongst the tables during the really loud songs (?). Is this all for the hip 20-40 somethings?
The room was clean except for the inside of the windows which glowed with nose and handprints at night. The housekeeping and maintenance staff was friendly and seemly overworked with late checkouts and incoming guests who expected to get into their room before dark-30. I had read reviews online and came prepared with coffee pot and cooler. Otherwise, it is line-up at Micky Ds.

Room Tip: Desk will honor your request for quiet room and recommends rooms with odd numbers facing east. Anyth...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a pretty late review. I booked rooms here because it was by far the least expensive place to stay and still be "in town." I didn't realize we were headed to Vegas during the CES! The rooms were clean, cute and we had a decent view. My favorite part of the room was the USB outlets on the wall - nice touch that shockingly few hotels have. The folks working at the hotel were super friendly and welcoming...even though it was nearly 4 a.m. when I finally checked in. I thought the casino was a blast - enjoyed the music, the decor and the dancers. We did not eat here so I can't speak to the food. The elevators were a little slow but not a big deal. We stayed here two or three nights and were not bothered by "noise" from the Fremont Street Experience. Location was great for gettting around. The price, I think, was a little high for Fremont St, but we were there during CES and everything on the Strip was $400+/night, so $100/night here was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!