“The view from the 34th. floor is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% Off Room Rates
Ranked #98 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Shaker Heights
“The view from the 34th. floor is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

They gave me an awesome room on the 34th. floor. This is the tallest hotel/building in downtown Vegas. The room had a pillow top mattress and flat screen tv. Next time when I stay here I would like to have the same room, I appeared to be recently renovated.

Room Tip: The views from the 34th. floor are awesome!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Kandahar, Kandahar, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The D was surprisingly nice. The casino was good. Gogo dancers inside and out. The rooms however I felt were a little subpar. I know they're newly remodeled but I felt they could have done more w the bathrooms. Parking: use your room key to get in and out of the parking structure. Overall its worth it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is the worst hotel I've been to in Las Vegas. I usually stay at the larger big-name Strip hotels, however since I was only in Vegas for 1 night I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone, and save a few bucks in the process. Big mistake! First of all the room was filthy. The hotel smells like an ashtray, and clearly needs some serious updates! The worst part of the stay was the noise. I could hear the music from the Fremont Street Experience into the late hours. Clearly no attempt has been made at sound-proofing the rooms! I'm not a light sleeper, and it was so loud it literally kept me from sleeping. Lastly, there were some serious plumbing issues. Every time somebody in the next room would run water (presumably running the sink, showering etc) there was a loud knocking sound that made you think the pipes were going to burst through the walls. I would avoid this place like the plague!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My only big negative thing to say is about the "Resort Fee" if they want $20.00 more for the rooms each night just put it in the price. I'll be coming back in two weeks and will stay at a another hotel on Freemont that doesn't charge this "additional" fee for services that I don't use. The room was nice enough for what I paid and my breakfast at D Grill was fine. Nice, clean and cheap place to stay to bad the "Resort Fee" gets in the way. Oh watch out when using the Wi-Fi they do their best to trick you into paying an additional 9.99 - don't click the D hotel click access code and enter the code you will need to get from the hotel operator.

Room Tip: There is live music on Freemont street late into the night, if that is an issue for you ask for a ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

upon seeing this casino many times pop up on many websites we decided on a 4th of July trip to Vegas. With a lot of my regular places to stay bumping rates 3 to 4 times their normal rate, I decided that this would be a perfect place to stay for the weekend. The check in was nice and easy....but this is where my smiles ended.The valet area has to be the absolute worst in Vegas. There's nothing but young kids working, and they have no class, manners or understanding of taking care of the customers,just a note to these young boys, when you get an attitude to a first time customer, 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME THEY WONT COME BACK. ... THE THE D STAFF..THESE ARE THE FIRST PEOPLE WE SEE WHEN WE GET OFF THE CAR. .. WHEN YOUNG BOYS GET AN ATTITUDE AND SNAP AT YOU BECAUSE MAYBE THEY WOULD RATHER BE AT HOME.... THIS CAUSE AN IMMEDATE TURN OFF.... so after the check in , we went up to our room. There is an in elevator person working the elevator.... who screams out the floor when people are getting off, almost like a train call..... the elevators had NO AIR...my thoughts were.... this poor man has been in this heat for hours..... and if they don't even care for their employees, would they care about their guests. When we got off the elevator, my answer was quickly given to me.... no air in the hallways.... it may seem like I'm nitpicking. ..but I'm not sure you would not appreciate being drenched in sweat before you even get out the hotel. The pictures of these rooms are so fluffed that as soon as I walked into the room I immediately wanted to leave. They are so plain, I've seen motel 6 with more character. The air in the room was not working well because of the humidity, which means you Will wake up sweating in the AM.The casino area is a neat area , but not enough tables to sit and play. On the second day of our stay (July 5) a car was parked in the valet and would not start. .the Head valet O_O ... stated that even though we were waiting in the valet tunnel of death, that women should get their car first...I normally wouldn't be upset, but not when I feel like I just finished a marathon 5 min out of the shower.... the overall temperature of the casino was so bad, that I spent most of my time at the golden. Nugget and downtown grand ..... to the staff of the D ...please take noted on this comment.... get your guys out of the elevator. .it's creepy. .. get your teenage valet guys some manners, stop worrying about your AC bill..and put more than 1 picture in your room... you have such an opportunity to capture 20 and 30 somethings like me.... but I was so turned off by your place, that I just had to say something. To charge close to 200 dollars on the 4th of July. .and have so many issues, is truly a huge disappointment...... guys avoid this place until they straighten up their act.

• Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The D is a great spot to stay in downtown Las Vegas. Great location, small hotel but it has everything you need. When we first checked in, the room was ok but the bathroom was filthy. There was hair everywhere and scum all in the tub. We went to switch rooms and they gave us a better room at no charge. We stayed on the 10th floor and at night it sounds like a nightclub was in my hotel room. The Fremont experience goes all night... So don't expect it to be quiet by 10pm. I slept right through it though, so it didn't bother me. Make sure you bring your spare change as the slots on 2nd floor take quarters and nickels!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sciota, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had never stayed in downtown Vegas, so I decided to book 2 nights at the D. I had a great time. While not opulent, the room was nice, very clean with a modern decor. The bed was very comfortable but the room did have a couple of minor issues. There is a safe in the room but I found it a bit difficult to see the dimly lit keypad because of the safe's location, which is well below eye level. Also, when I turned on my shower I had to let it run for a minute or so before the water got hot.

The casino is very hip and a fun place to play. There is also a vintage casino on the second floor where the slots actually spit out coins instead of vouchers. There are numerous dining and entertainment choices in house and nearby on Freemont Street.

There is a small pool on the property, but there is not bar or food service at the pool which, to me, is a drawback. Also, there is no lifeguard. While I was at the pool there was a group of people who were drinking excessively and using some very foul language and there was no one there to stop this unruly behavior.

If you book a room, remember there is a $20 per day resort fee added to your bill, which actually ends up being $22.60 with taxes. This charge is significant when considered as a percentage of the advertised room rate.

This is a decent place to stay if you are not looking for extreme luxury.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!