“The D is a must-do!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #109 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“The D is a must-do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Formerly Fitzgeralds, The D is a hip and trendy new hotel and casino....if you not only want to have fun, but want to see employees who enjoy their jobs, come here! I was introduced to casino host Kevin Rega, who went out of his way to ensure us a great time, and we weren't even staying there! Everyone from the dealers to cocktail servers to slot attendants were accommodating and friendly, the flair bartenders at the Long Bar were a thrill to watch and hang with...I can't say enough good things about this place!

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We're glad to hear you guys had such a great time, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
Buena Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The only trace left of the old Fitzgeralds is the blarney stone on the second floor of the casino. They have remodeled it to a more upscale younger hipper whatever image.

The rooms were pretty well done, similar to what the Plaza did the remodel of the rooms is only surface deep. The elevators and much of the infrastructure is old and outdated.

The Casino is pretty nice but the dancing girls on the tables is a little over the top. The food options are not the best but ok.

But for the price you really can not go wrong and let's face you are getting an updated room with a decent flat screen TV for $50.00 a night.

The parking is free but the parking garage is old and the spaces are tight.

There are plenty of electrical outlets in the room.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor if you think the noise from the street concerts would bother you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback! Hopefully, we'll see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Who the hell voted this dump "Best Hotel in Downtown Vegas"? I'm literally traumatized by my recent stay at the "D'. I have pretty low standards, and I've stayed in some horrible, 1-star hellhole hotels in my time, and this ranks down there with the worst of them. I switched rooms not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES within the first 24 hours of my 2 day weekday stay here. In the first room there was a large, wet spot under the cheap looking AC floor unit by the window. My room had an adjoining door, which meant I could hear the neighbor's TV and conversation. I requested a room change after one night there, and they put me in an extremely loud room, supposedly away from Fremont, on the 10th floor. The noise in this room was all from Fremont, not other guests. The safe wouldn't open in this room. I requested another room change at around midnight, and they sent me up to the 25th floor, which was a handicapped room. It was slightly larger than the other rooms, and included a fold-out sofa, mini-fridge and an Ihome machine. However, this time it seemed the people in the room above me were having a little party. They were playing music on and off, and kept banging something on the floor. It also sounded like they were chopping or cutting something on a wooden surface. (Coke party?) I have sensitive hearing, but the walls were also paper thin and I had my earplugs on the whole time. At around 2 am I requested to be put back in the previous room on the 10th floor, because by that time the whole Fremont Experience was over anyway. To add insult to injury, I didn't receive any comps or even so much as an apology from any of the staff. The Jacuzzi had no hot water for the duration of my stay. The "pool" there is tiny, and barely anyone uses it. They charge a $20 a night resort fee, but all the hotels in Vegas do that now, so I can't really knock them for that, even though this is far from a resort. Now for the upsides: the bed was pretty comfortable and the hotel does look slightly better and more modern than when it was Fitzgerald's. There are much better hotels for the same or less money than the "D", even on Fremont, even the 1 and 2 star hotels. The "D" gets an "F" in my book.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our deepest apologies for the multiple inconveniences you encountered during your stay, and there should have been more done to correct the negative situations. We appreciate the feedback, it helps us to understand the areas that we need to improve so we can avoid similar situations occurring in the future.
Chantilly, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just got back from an extended stay at The D. Horrible place! Over an 8 night stay, we had to move rooms 3 times due to lack of hot water, clogged drains, and a leak in the bathroom pipes above us. Even after they supposedly fixed the hot water issue, we still only had lukewarm showers. You have to run the sink hot water at the same time as the shower in order for the water to be hot. They claim the hotel has been renovated, but the only thing it seems they've done is cosmetic. I will admit the beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. But overall, this hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed in. To their credit, they did comp us one night's stay and provided us a $75 credit for the D Grille. That helped, but we will never, ever return to The D.

Room Tip: VERY loud and unable to sleep. The odd numbered rooms are quietest, but still horribly loud. Don...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us and w apologize for the continued plumbing issues you encountered in your room(s). It’s unfortunate to hear we could not improve your visit with us, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our group flew in and was delivered to the casino without issue. There was a mixup on our scheduled limo but the D went above and beyond to make good. In total the trip was great. Great deal for the price and the D offered provided a great location, value, and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon!
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The D was quite impressive for the money. It is not a 5 star hotel but rather a 3.5 star hotel with 7 start service, yes 7 star service for our group.

The casino was great and the Sigma Derby in the old Vegas casino on the second floor was a blast to play. We spent hours feeding it quarters and had a great time. Too bad it did not have a D Club reader as our points would have been a lot higher ;).

Avery (Slot Floor Host) was a great pleasure to work with. He made sure that our group had a great time and was able to help us out throughout the trip. Best of all he helped us find a soccer game that we were looking for. If you have a chance to work with him treat him well, he is a great guy and our group really appreciated all of his assistance. Because of Avery I will be returning to the D.

All in all I would say the D is a great place. The rooms are okay (by the standard of all hotel rooms but really really good for the price) but everything makes up for it and the over all price is a real bargain. The only thing that I found myself wanting was more elevators. Those things are really busy.

If I had to recommend a room location I would say get one on the side of the D opposite that of the music stage below. The music goes until 2:30am and you feel every note.

Location, price and hospitality makes this a solid recommendation. If you see Avery say "hi".

Room Tip: If I had to recommend a room location I would say get one on the side of the D opposite that of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah C, Manager at The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for the feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and will definitely pass your appreciation on to Avery. We hope to see you again soon!
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to Vegas for a Bachelor party and chose The D for location and price but were blown away by the hospitality of everyone especially Avery Atadero. He went above and beyond on multiple occasions to make us feel like high rollers. The D is VERY nice and offered a lot for the kind of trip we were on. Sigma Derby is a must play although it doesn't count to points on your players card. I could of had many more points on my card due to my hours of play on this game. We also would have enjoyed a video craps table like some of the near by casinos have. Overall The D is great and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place on Fremont with lots to do that won't break the bank.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side. Less noisy at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!