“Interesting place...would visit again...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Experience Vegas Deal
Ranked #58 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chesterton, Indiana
“Interesting place...would visit again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

PROS: Large, tons of places to eat and things to do. Pool is awesome. Minimums are low. Restaurants are very nice and not too inexpensive. The wilderness area is really cool and relaxing. Security was very quick when we needed them. Rooms were really cool and the whole place seemed clean and inviting.

CONS: slots were not loose at all, didn't win almost anything and quit playing after a short while. Movie theatre is very expensive. While the place has like 10 bars all over the property, none of them refilled our large drink cups for half price, which we were led to believe. It seemed like everyone there was comped a stay like us, and that lead to a lot of riff raff and teenagers all over the place. There were fifteen year olds smoking (what I dunno) by the pool and kids going up and down the hallways screaming. We had to call security because the kids next door were messing with the door that connected our rooms several times. When we brought it up to their parent, she was drunk and said they were just looking for their friend. I know this place has a lot of cool activities, but I have literally never seen so many kids and teenagers and I work at a high school so I am including that.

OVERALL: The place is nice and I'd stay there if Boyd comped me a room, but I think I'll stick to the strip if I had to pay for a room. Next time I will visit though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Sam's Town during the beginning and ending legs of our trip through Las Vegas. The location was excellent and the renovated portion of the hotel was really updated, clean and nice, although they did charge too much for internet access. I slept great on the comfy bed and would give the hotel an A rating based upon on our first night in the renovated section. However, our second stay in the older section was a completely opposite experience. The bed was one of the worst I'd ever slept on and the room was very undesirable, not to mention that the people in the next room were noisy and kept banging things around their room. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're planning a visit to Vegas as it was a fantastic value, but only if you stay in a renovated room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Payson, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

If you go to Vegas and are tired of packs of crowds on the strip, Sam's Town is a perfect remedy. Rooms are pretty nice, the staff has always been great, and they have a bowling alley that is open all night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
boulder city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We booked a room for last night from a promo that I received by e-mail. The room was ready and pleasant when we arrived. We decided to take our 2 kids bowling, and after waiting half hour we got a lane with bumpers. Only one side worked, but a maintenance worker showed us how pull the other side up. When we were almost finished (3 frames to go) we got kicked off our lane to make room for a league. I asked if we could just finish our game, but we couldn't. The lane that was available didn't have bumpers that worked. So we had to finish our few frames without bumpers. Then the man at the desk complained at us for messing with the old lane bumper. By the time we left, the league still had not arrived. The rest of the night was fine. However, at about 8am the next morning we got a knock at the door. It took me a minute to get across the room to answer it, but the door was flung open before I could get there. There was a woman standing there with a notepad and namebadge apologizing about entering our room. I was stunned, as she was, and I forgot to get her name. My husband WAS asleep, my kids were getting dressed. I felt this was extremely inappropriate for the staff to open the doors to rooms that are occupied. Check out time is noon, and it was only 8:00. I asked for the hotel policy at the front desk, and the man who helped me was very nice. He called the housekeeping supervisor and was informed that they were checking rooms to find unoccupied rooms that they could clean early. However, he blamed me for the mistake because I had not placed the “do not disturb” sign on the door, and I had not put the night-time lock on. So, it was my fault that the staff barged into my room with me and my children. Unacceptable.
After packing up and leaving the room, we decided to visit the pool. It was 11:50am (checkout time is noon), but we were locked out of the pool. Our key would not work! It worked for me about 2 hours prior, but not at 10 minutes before checkout time.
This was our first visit to Sam’s Town and we are locals. After this experience, we don’t think we will return, or advise anyone else to visit your hotel. I saw that the hotel was very busy, but there are plenty other places to visit.

Renton, Wa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed here on our way back to seattle. Great for the price! Friendly and helpful staff. Buffet was not good, pick & choose food carefully!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
riverside,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed 5 nights at Sams town Vegas with my nephews 12 and 10 yo.PROS-great bed,buffet prices,selection and quality.no per-day parking charge and a Wal-mart super center across the street.check in was a breeze.most hotel staff were excellent.pool was nice,good sun early.shaded in afternoon.CONS-$4.95 charge per-day,[for what.staff couldn't or wouldn't say why.]on 2nd day smokers were moved into both next door rooms.I could swear at one point i could smell cigs thru the wall.prices were raised a little in the food court,but not much.on the 3rd day our car was broken into in the valet lot.security and the valets were saying im sorry over and over.management couldn't have cared less.i asked the front desk if i could speak to a manager about what happend and was told,"the hotel wasn't responsible and someone would contact me when they had the time.no call ever came,was given the runaround every time i called.BTW,NET access i $10.00 a day.OH and our VIEW was of the theater roof and the flood lights lighting up the hotel.they wouldnt change this either.SO NO,i won't stay there again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We love to stay at Sam's Town!!! I have 3 kids (12, 13 & 15) and Sam's has plenty for them to do. We go bowling, to the movies, watch the laser show and go to the pool all in one hotel. Of course, there is the casino for the big "kids". There are many restaurants to choose from, as well - McDonald's, TGI Fridays, Billy Bob's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Calamity Jane's Ice Cream, Firelight Buffet, and more.
There is a huge Wal Mart Supercentre just across the street. It is only 10 minutes to the Strip and 15 minutes to the Premium Outlet Mall.
We always get 2 adjoining rooms which gives us a little space. A few years ago we stayed at the MGM Grand which was very nice, but other than the massive bathroom the room was the same size. It was too hectic up on the strip. We prefer to be at Sam's where it is a little quieter and we don't have to walk a mile to the pool.
There are no room safes (which would be nice), but they do have safe deposit boxes at the cashiers cage. Also, there is smoking at the pool which is not nice for non-smokers - especially kids. It would be nice to enjoy the fresh air without someone blowing smoke in your face. In the casino you can get up and move is someone smokes next to you, but there isn't any place at the pool that is non-smoking. One other thing that would be nice is automatic doors at the parkade. The doors are heavy and it is hard to manage when you have your hands full of luggage. Thankfully, we have kids to hold the doors open for us, but if you have a handicap it would be almost impossible to manage the door alone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!